As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The New Comic Thread for Friday, February 25, 2011

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    44eb837d-6889-4baa-baa0-bc807a8d4ad4.jpg

they need to mix faces of meth with hotornot

Brolo on
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I think the sheep really sold that one for me, thanks.

And yes, the picture of the smurfrave is ... well, it certainly is a thing that those people are doing.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    OmegaDezOmegaDez CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Meiz wrote: »
    I always liked the French word for Smurf.

Stroumph. You say it like, Strrrrr-ooh-mmm-fff.

It's Schtroumpf. And Schtroumpf is not the french word for Smuf. Smurf is the english word for Schtroumpf.

OmegaDez on
  • Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yeah. What? How have guys not heard about faces of meth? I thought we had seasoned internaughts here

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011

And yes, the picture of the smurfrave is ... well, it certainly is a thing that those people are doing.
    smurfrave.jpg

my parents met at one of these, back in the 70s

Brolo on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Guys

I don't get it

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Does meth really do that to people? that's terrible. Why would a person do that to themselves? Also, what's the science behind it? Like what is it about meth that makes people get all these nasty sores on their face and get jaundiced and stuff.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Rolo wrote: »

smurfrave.jpg

my parents met at one of these, back in the 70s

Uhm..

Hmmm..

Yeahhhhhhh....

Some of those people don't look so bad. In fact, some people on the faces of Meth thing look better than they did before :p

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    MagnumCTMagnumCT Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Does meth really do that to people? that's terrible. Why would a person do that to themselves? Also, what's the science behind it? Like what is it about meth that makes people get all these nasty sores on their face and get jaundiced and stuff.

Assuming meth-meth is like Adderall-meth, only more so, it's possible they very rarely eat. When I was on Adderall, I dropped 40 lbs.

EDIT: Whether or not that has anything to do with sores, I haven't the foggiest.

MagnumCT on
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

The sores are from scratching at the face due to hallucinations, the loss of teeth is due to meth making you dehydrated (and simply the act of smoking) making you drink a lot of sugary drinks, and the rest is just general lack of hygiene usually.

L|ama on
  • Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Oh man I laughed hard

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    MathildaMathilda Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yeah. What? How have guys not heard about faces of meth? I thought we had seasoned internaughts here

Not everyone goes out of their way to find before-and-after shots of meth addicts. It's not a very difficult concept to piece together.

That said, I didn't get the comic before that faces of meth was mentioned sooo

Mathilda on
  • Options
    BoomShakeBoomShake The Engineer Columbia, MDRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    You don't have to go out of your way. Different versions have been showing up on content aggregators, the front page of social news sites like Digg and Reddit, and passed around on social networking sites and forums for years now. It's not impossible to have missed them, but it is a bit surprising, especially for a more net-savvy community like this.

BoomShake on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    L|ama wrote: »

The sores are from scratching at the face due to hallucinations, the loss of teeth is due to meth making you dehydrated (and simply the act of smoking) making you drink a lot of sugary drinks, and the rest is just general lack of hygiene usually.

Well, in some ways - the sores in heavy meth users are also caused by a lack of blood flow and damage to the blood vessels, so they start developing acne that will take longer and longer to heal. This also contributes to the feeling like there are 'bugs under your skin', which is caused by have small amounts of meth and pollutants in your body that don't break down, and instead build up in oily patches under the skin. Meth addicts tend to scratch and pick at these sores, and very heavy or desperate users will actually re-ingest their meth sores to get a partial fix.

Brolo on
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Coinage wrote: »
    Adus wrote: »
    Seriously though, why are actual monetary purchases present in a game basically for toddlers? That's kind of idiotic.
    Because apparently it works? This girl got the charges reversed by Apple because it was so high, but I have to imagine they aren't always so generous when someone buys the $99 wheelbarrow of berries. And we adult gamers were going crazy over the $2.50 horse in Oblivion!

Yes that is precisely why I consider it idiotic. At the very least the horse is advertised to people who are adults and have a vague idea of the fact that they are spending real money.

I'm aware this is not a new concept, really. Toy commercials and all. But this just seems worse. There's no way a toddler can 'accidentally' buy a toy unless they literally swipe their parent's credit card. Plus I can't imagine these berries do anything. I also can't believe that a 99$ barrel of berries option even exists. That's a pretty bold move to say the least.

Adus on
  • Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Well, in some ways - the sores in heavy meth users are also caused by a lack of blood flow and damage to the blood vessels, so they start developing acne that will take longer and longer to heal. This also contributes to the feeling like there are 'bugs under your skin', which is caused by have small amounts of meth and pollutants in your body that don't break down, and instead build up in oily patches under the skin. Meth addicts tend to scratch and pick at these sores, and very heavy or desperate users will actually re-ingest their meth sores to get a partial fix.

Aw, god damn. Fuck meth.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Aw, god damn. Fuck meth.
    That is the new worst way to attempt to get a high I've ever heard. Congratulations meth. You just surpassed a guy injecting ground up spider.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    drug talk makes me so uneasy aruughhh

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    My only complaint is the liberal use of brown as if a brown filter was applied.

Meiz on
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    It's actually a poop filter.

But it adds poop, instead of filtering poop out.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

Aw, god damn. Fuck meth.
    That is the new worst way to attempt to get a high I've ever heard. Congratulations meth. You just surpassed a guy injecting ground up spider.

Ahh...goddammit. There isn't enough D: in the entire world to properly respond to either of you.

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    TheCanMan wrote: »

Aw, god damn. Fuck meth.

Ahh...goddammit. There isn't enough D: in the entire world to properly respond to either of you.

jenkem

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

Aw, god damn. Fuck meth.

I know I'm going to regret this, but... what the hell is that all about?

Ivar on
  • Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    only smurfs smurf drugs.

jwalk on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Ivar wrote: »

Aw, god damn. Fuck meth.

When my wife was doing her clinicals they had a young guy come in with bad chest pains. Couldn't figure out what it was. Tests didn't show anything helpful and he didn't fit the profile for most of the normal causes of it. Finally, they got him to roll up his sleeves and found needle tracks. After some thorough questioning they got it out of him that he was a heroin junkie and was desperate for a fix, so he thought grinding up a spider and injecting it would be a good idea. It was not.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    that is fucking horrible

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    don't do spiders

13150204_08df09fbce.jpg

you could get AIDES

Brolo on
  • Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Aw, god damn. Fuck meth.

When my wife was doing her clinicals they had a young guy come in with bad chest pains. Couldn't figure out what it was. Tests didn't show anything helpful and he didn't fit the profile for most of the normal causes of it. Finally, they got him to roll up his sleeves and found needle tracks. After some thorough questioning they got it out of him that he was a heroin junkie and was desperate for a fix, so he thought grinding up a spider and injecting it would be a good idea. It was not.

Yeah but the next morning he could shoot web and didn't need his glasses anymore so really I think he came out ahead.

MalReynolds on
    "A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Aw, god damn. Fuck meth.

Yeah but the next morning he could shoot web and didn't need his glasses anymore so really I think he came out ahead.
    Shooting web is not an inherently useful ability. For instance, it's hard to swing from building to building from your ass.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    meth is basically the only thing to do in most of missouri

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Some parents are dumb and give-away their password to their children. My sister rang up a big bill for downloading music and movies once that way.

Even-so, I do not understand why virtual items in this game are so expensive. I wonder how much money they rake in that doesn't get reversed-on? They've gotta be making money hand-over-fist!

TankHammer on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2011
    OmegaDez wrote: »

It's Schtroumpf. And Schtroumpf is not the french word for Smuf. Smurf is the english word for Schtroumpf.

And they don't have Pound Puppies in France. They have the metric system, so it's Le Puppies Royale.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    KazakaKazaka Asleep Counting SheepRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The Geek wrote: »
    OmegaDez wrote: »

And they don't have Pound Puppies in France. They have the metric system, so it's Le Puppies Royale.

Hah!

Kazaka on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The pic of that girl and the spider is surprisingly arousing. Am I a bad person for thinking this?

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Gyral wrote: »
    jackal wrote: »
    Time for another C&D?

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Would NOT be surprised if we get another Strawberry Shortcake incident out of this. So, download your copy now, folks!

No, I think they've got legitimate parody grounds here. They're not using Smurfs to make fun of an unrelated 3rd party, like with the Strawberry Shortcake thing. They're making fun of the Smurfs game in question.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    zimfanzimfan Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Bottom left is so Billy from Billy & Mandy

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png
  • Options
    FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    zimfan wrote: »
    Bottom left is so Brainy Smurf from the Smurfs

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    There's a new thing in...India, I think? Where people are letting themselves get bitten by cobras to get high.

Javen on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2011
    Javen wrote: »
    There's a new thing in...India, I think? Where people are letting themselves get bitten by cobras to get high.

And then you get Drunken Master skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2d8J0Q7Z9s#t=2m54s

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The pic of that girl and the spider is surprisingly arousing. Am I a bad person for thinking this?

NAH OF COURSE NOT

[tiny]quick someone call the loony bin[/tiny]

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
This discussion has been closed.