As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What's the swag at these booths?

PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
edited March 2011 in PAX Archive
Can anyone tell me what free stuff you can get at some of the booths and what you need to do to get them?

Wondering about these at the moment:

The old republic
Portal 2
Duke nuke em
Darkness 2
Battlefield 3

jCyyTSo.png
PikaPuff on

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Mostly posters. Each line is probably 2 hours or so.

To get them you need to actually get in to demo the game.

Tomorrow my morning will be SWTOR as they were telling people around 1300 that they won't finish everyone.

MegaMan001 on
    I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    epicjas0nepicjas0n Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    I got a t-shirt from the Portal 2 booth (didn't get a chance to get in line for the others). I also have a bunch of other random stuff. Let me know if you want pics.

epicjas0n on
  • Options
    BoneriotBoneriot Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    There are shirts being given away if you play rockband at their setup
    I can't remember the name of the game but it's an anime style MMO, they have an alienware play area that'll be giving away shirts as well as a raffle going on.
    If you complete the (very easy) NVidia scavenger punch card you get a shirt from them

Boneriot on
  • Options
    Raphael diSantoRaphael diSanto Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    Boneriot wrote: »
    I can't remember the name of the game but it's an anime style MMO, they have an alienware play area that'll be giving away shirts as well as a raffle going on.

That's Dragon Nest - Koran F2P MMO.

Raphael diSanto on
  • Options
    DeefuzzDeefuzz Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Duke Nukem Forever had keychains, that line for me was a little over an hour for me.

Portal 2 was an Aperture science t-shirt, that was about half an hour, but it was also the first thing we did right when we got in.

Deefuzz on
    [ Web: Twitter | Blog ]
    [ XBL: NemesisFuzz | PSN: Deefuzz ]
  • Options
    kihukihu Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    - Portal 2 gives you a nice Aperture Science shirt for waiting in their line, was about 40 mins for me
    - Harmonix gives you a "Pro" Guitar shirt if you wait and play a song on their Rock Band stage, about 30 min wait, but if you stand in line and they need someone to play x instrument at any point, you can raise your hand and jump in and still get a shirt at the end.
    - Logitech gave me a shirt for being awesome aka walking by. They also said if you wear it and they pick you out, they are randomly giving out mice and headsets throughout the day, with a keyboard giveway at 11am.
    - Nexon and Tritton handed out lanyards
    - Nexon also gave out those annoyingly-oversized bags, but I think switched to lanyards for the better part of Friday.
    - Gears of War 3 gives you a shirt for preordering their game

Otherwise, a lot of free pins and little stuff. Does anyone know where there are any free posters?

kihu on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    LA Noire and SW TOR both had posters for waitingi n line / getting in. LA Noire was going twice around their booth when I saw it yesterday and TOR is several hours of waiting because the damn demo is 45 minutes long.

I was told by the woman when I got their at 1pm that they couldn't guarantee everyone would get to play.

That's my first step today.

I think the key is you have to commit to getting to the actual booth, I spent yesterday walking around hitting the panels and the small stuff. Today is in the name of lines and actually hands on stuff.

MegaMan001 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    SW:TOR gives a t-shirt of choice, republic or empire

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    brendo927brendo927 Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    I got 2 different t-shirts from Bethesda. The have three for brink, hunted, and rage. You have to attend the rage panel to get the rage one.

brendo927 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    PikaPuff wrote: »

For actually playing the demo or what?

MegaMan001 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    PikaPuff wrote: »

For actually playing the demo or what?

MegaMan001 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    demo i think

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    It's not a tumorIt's not a tumor Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Duke Nukem gave you a keychain/bottle opener combo. The wait was a little over an hour.

It's not a tumor on