As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

League Of Legends - League of boring thread titles

NisiNisi Registered User regular
edited March 2011 in Games and Technology
logo.jpg
League of Legends is a game inspired by the Defense of the Ancients, developed and published by Riot Games.

READ THIS FIRST!
ALL TEEMOS MUST DIE

Teemoskullssmaller.jpg

Frosteey's Super Useful Advice Corner
Tip #1: Have fun : D
Need a stream list? List of all streams that are worth listing.

Have you scored a Pentakill?
I5r0s.jpg
2115f11.jpg
i4qxjt.jpg
Guuuys.jpg[
Get on the G&T vent to play with us (list at bottom), the vent info is stickied at the top of the forum.

Game Info and Useful Links:
leagueoflegends.com, the game database provided by Riot (who make the game).
leaguecraft.com, there are a lot of fan sites out there with general information and builds. This is just one; and, it's kinda slow as shit. Regardless of where you look for builds keep in mind, most of them make assumptions that are not clearly conveyed and there are a lot that are just plain bad. Tread lightly.
KillerCodeMonkey's wiki, add your brilliant shit to it.
Game mechanic shit, stuff like how attacks and magic and fuck work.
Rune break-dancing, good info about what runes you should buy.
Livestreams Watch the pros rage.

THE BUSY-BUSTER CODES - USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
When you've got the client open, type

"Left, Right, Left, Right, Down, Down, Up, Up, 3 then 4"

Alternatively

"CTRL+L --> [ javascript:setServerStatus(1) ]"

Again, use them at your own risk.

IF YOU'RE GOING TO SPEND REAL CASH DOLLA MONIES FOR CHAMPIONS
Zoelef wrote: »
Drop $20 for the Retail Box (Amazon, Best Buy, GameSpot, Newegg, Target, and Wal-Mart typically have this) It gives you $10 in Riot Points, take those, then buy $10 in Riot Points and $5 in Riot Points. Spend all of them on the second champ pack.

That's $35 for 40 champs permanently unlocked; none of the post-40 have ever been in a bundle AFAIK.
Cutfang wrote: »
Q: How can I get champions and save money?
A: You won't have to spend a cent if you simply play games and earn enough IP to buy them all. If, however, you wish to hasten the process you may buy champions with real money. The most cost effective way to buy champions is by purchasing the two bundles on offer.
For $45 you can buy 6380 Riot Points, which are used to buy champions and skins. 3900 of those points gets you the Digital Collector's Pack, which contains 20 champions and includes 1380 Riot Points (huh?). If you were to buy the champions individually it would cost 37800 IP or 9620 RP. The Digital Collector's pack can also be bought in stores or online as a boxed copy, which may save you a significant amount of money.
3410 Riot Points gets you the champions bundle. This contains some more expensive champions. Bought individually they would cost 60750 IP or 14350 RP (ish).
This leaves you with 450 RP, enough to buy yourself a single skin!

the LoL wiki for the updated Champion list.

Valiantine has a lovely spreadsheet that you can add your summoner name to.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ap5qFqD3oLKndHNfOGJ1VFNZVVZ6c1NtZVktdXpsTVE&hl=en&authkey=CJPuh4wG#gid=0
Edit: The spreadsheet is currently defunct.

And here we go again!

PM: ArcanisTheImpotent for learning inhouse games. He said it will likely be weekly.

HOW TO JOIN THE PA CHAT CHANNEL IN LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

Click the chat rooms panel in the bottom right, click the speech bubble with a plus next to it, type in Penny Arcade. when the window opens, click the gear in the top right of the window and check the box "Autojoin on Startup."

Beware of yordle slash
Cutfang wrote: »
Poppy entered the changing room, opening and slamming the door shut with a loud bang. Tristana, polishing her cannon, looked up startled. She grinned.
"Someone had a bad match eh?"
"The idiocy I had to put up with today. I want to hammer the summoner that kept throwing me under towers." Poppy grumbled as she sat on her bench with a thump.
Tristana put away her cannon and walked over. "Well you are pretty good at that sort of thing."
"It is those simpletons who are making me look bad. I can be so much better. I need to train harder."
Tristana sat down next to Poppy. "Sometimes a girl's gotta let her hair down".
"I'm not going to throw away time that should be spent bettering myself. Hey, what are you doing? Get your hands off me!"
"Relax. You really are stressed out. Let me help you."
"This is inappropriate."
"Shush."
Tristana moved her hands around Poppy's strong, broad shoulders with a gentle touch. Poppy, who couldn't decide whether to be annoyed or grateful, alternated with hmmphs and pleasant hmmms. She felt herself relax and unwind. Angry thoughts dissipated, replaced by a soothing peace. Tristana is good at this, she thought.

Poppy was feeling so tranquil she hadn't even realised that Tristana's hands had slowly and purposefully moved further down. Must be getting carried away, she thought. A clinking noise echoed in the changing room.
"Tristana! Get your hands away from there."
Poppy's bra dropped to the floor with a loud clang. Tristana giggled. She started to move her hands slowly around Poppy's tensed waist. Each soft move was carefully made. Poppy looked sternly forward, fighting the urge to slap Tristana away. Her hands had made their way to Poppy's belly button. Tristana playfully circled her finger around it. Then both her hands moved upwards with a purpose.

Poppy sighed. "And they say I'm stubborn. You aren't going to stop are you?"
"Hehe", Tristana giggled again.
Tristana's hands found their place, and squeezed sharply. Poppy yelped. Before she could protest Tristana had begun to move her hands to and fro around Poppy's breast. Her grip was firmer now, with the occasional circle drawn teasingly with a finger. Poppy tried to keep her breath steady, biting her lip. Tristana squeezed hard again, forcing a pleasured gasp from Poppy.
"Someone's having fun. Why don't you move to a more relaxing position?"

Tristana moved her hands back up to Poppy's shoulders and pulled them back with that same gentleness. Poppy unresistingly lay down, but she could not suppress a frown. No one told her what to do. No one, until now.
Tristana slid out from under Poppy with care and sat on the bench in front of her. She leant forward and eased her way down until she was on top of Poppy, sliding her way up until they were face to face. Before Poppy could blink, Tristana closed in and kissed her. Poppy was ready this time. Her lips pressed hard in response. It was endless bliss. Poppy kept going as long as she could, trying to keep some control. She ran her hand through Tristana's soft curls.
Finally they broke apart. Poppy felt dizzy, giddy even. Barely a breath had begun before Tristana had begun to stroke Poppy's skin. Her fingers moved slowly down, pausing at various muscles to give them a playful rub.

Poppy closed her eyes to enjoy the moment all the more. She felt Tristana purposefully move down, noticing how lightly she felt upon her, how soft her skin felt. Tristana's hands had a thin veil of sweat, and she had a faint smell of gunpowder about her.
Tristana stopped where she wanted to be, where Poppy knew she would. She briefly twirled a tuft of hair playfully. Her face disappeared from view. Seconds later Poppy was filled with a glowing warmth. A shiver of delight ran down her body. Tristana must have felt it, for she giggled again, and continued. Poppy couldn't keep still, she was feeling so thrilled, so satisfied. Tristana was relentless, giving no pause. Her tongue moved quickly, moving unexpectedly to new heights of pleasure. Poppy was in bliss, but she sensed the end was coming quickly. She grabbed Tristana's arms and squeezed them hard as she cried out. Poppy's body shuddered up and down in ecstasy, she could hardly breathe. Every breath was a kiss of life. She could not think, she simply felt complete.

Up popped Tristana, giving Poppy a quick kiss. She swung herself off the bench and picked up her cannon. She gave it another check for scratches before making her way to the door.
"See ya in the next battle!". And then she was gone. Poppy was left laying on the bench in a state of shock and amusement. Just for a second, she grinned, and then it was gone.
Evil Dave wrote: »
Am... am I doing it right?
Veigar: Ooh, you're so large!

Teemo: Everyone else says I'm too small...

Veigar: Don't listen to them, you're plenty big enough for me.

-Later, cuddling in the bushes-

Veigar: I must know, what made you approach me?

Teemo: *snuggling closer* You always smell like my long-lost grandpa.

Veigar: Oh Teemo, I am your grandfather!

Teemo: *squee*

Veigar: Let us destroy the world together!
Heimerdinger and Teemo stood each other down from opposite ends of the lane. The wind gusted slightly, blowing through Heimerdinger's thick locks of blonde hair. The minions cruised past each champion, completely oblivious to the intensity of their locked stares. Heimerdinger broke the gaze, putting up another turret. Even as he placed his mechanical construct, something else was raised, in his pants.

"Love is extremely illogical," Heimer said to himself, cheeks becoming hot.

Meanwhile, Teemo imagined his erect pea shooter sliding between the creamy thighs of the opposite Yordle. Usually, Teemo only wanted to inflict his special brand of wrath on the enemies of Bandle City, but this was a special occasion.

"OMG WTF FUKKIN HARASS TEEMO"
"FUKKIN NOOBS"
"ELO HELL"
"HATE SOLO QUEUE"

/all chat raged all around them as the two Yordles abandoned their duties and came together in an embrace. A small furry finger snaked its way up Heimer's secret labratory. Heimer gasped, the first torrent of blood rushing forth.

"That's gotta sting," Teemo yordled sympathetically.

The game was young, and there was no surrender until 20 minutes in. They had all the time in the world.
Jarvan IV sat atop his throne, perusing the documents that had been, thusfar, quite vexing. It was not suited to him to attend to the daily diplomatic affairs of Demacia despite his royal lineage and upbringing. He much preferred to be on the Fields of Justice fighting alongside his comrades... and his love.

The Seneschal of Demacia Xin Zhao was an enigmatic and alluring man, stoic and composed... and yet Jarvan sensed something more underneath the spearfighter's calm exterior, a deep loneliness that only a fellow polearm wielder could hope to comprehend.

As though destiny herself was privy to the prince's thoughts, Xin Zhao entered the throne room, a carefully maintained neutral expression on his face.

"My Prince," Xin Zhao said, taking a knee, "I've come to speak to you about matters most urgent."

Have you come to sate my appetites, Seneschal? Jarvan thought, loosening his tightened grip on the rests of the throne.

"Speak, you have my undivided attention."

Xin Zhao nodded, briefly making eye contact before averting his gaze.

"My prince, I have... a confession."

CONTINUED IN PART 2
Nisi wrote: »
zerg rush wrote: »
It's supposed to be Yordle slashfic. Yordle.

This, but i can be swayed if you have a convincing argument as to why xz and jarvan are yordles.

only a yordle is capable of the passion that both jarvan and xin zhao feel in their deepest of hearts

Nisi on

• Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    jam

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    A thread to ban

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    we're really doing this thread again

i see

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    SagaxusSagaxus Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Repostin' dis classic to build the mood of the thread (the mood is sexy)
    AUjlb.jpg

Sagaxus on
    a4i9N.png
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Sagaxus wrote: »
    AUjlb.jpg

who is the one on the left

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Sagaxus wrote: »
    AUjlb.jpg

who is the one on the left

my spirit yordle

Sagaxus on
    a4i9N.png
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I've had it with this motherfucking jam in my motherfucking lol threads

Jars on
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So, Jarvan's OK. I spent every game being focused, eating almost every ult and alpha strike. I built tanky, so that wasn't a big deal. I die, the rest of the team rolls them because they sued everything on me. It's ok, but it's boring. Haven't found a definitive Damage build yet, probably more fun that way.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Thor1590Thor1590 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Jars wrote: »
    I've had it with this motherfucking jam in my motherfucking lol threads

But it's soooooo funnnyyyyy

Thor1590 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    why do people dislike the mobas and the dobas and the jams and the totes

sons if applicable

undeinPirat on
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I feel kind of 'meh' after seeing the new screens.
    It's hard to even see what the skins look like from the screens they took, they're pretty bad angles. And once again, the artwork is better than the result, which is always disappointing.
    I'll probably just buy Noc with RP, or if he's not 6300 (heh) I'll just wait for IP.

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    what are these Jam totes and will they help me against yordles and their ultimate attack (slashfic)?

I feel like I've been neglecting this game with dragon age 2 on my screen the last two days

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
  • Options
    bigwahbigwah Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Free Jax skins go to Thane, Dyvion, Robojoe and Igel. I'll send you the codes tomorrow over PM.

bigwah on
    LoL Tribunal:
    "Was cursing, in broken english at his team, and at our team. made fun of dead family members and mentioned he had sex with a dog."
    "Hope he dies tbh but a ban would do."
  • Options
    SuMa.LustreSuMa.Lustre Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    nocturne looks quite good at jungling

phreak uses quite suboptimal jungle runes and still seems to clear it fast and relatively safely (except for red)

SuMa.Lustre on
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    hooray, someone who ganks as well as leblanc but also jungles and you can't ward against him because his blink is that big!

e: oh also a global ult, yaayyyyyy....

unintentional on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Passive AOE + selfheal + passive attack speed bonus = he could be a yordle and still jungle like a beast

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    hooray, someone who ganks as well as leblanc but also jungles and you can't ward against him because his blink is that big!

e: oh also a global ult, yaayyyyyy....

I don't think it's a global ult, but I could be wrong.

I just hope that he is incredibly squishie, because his burst damage rivals that of Akali.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    it looked like the "blind" was global and the blink is a really long range

undeinPirat on
  • Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So you can't see until he's right in your face... even more so.

Mr.Sunshine on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Oh yeah, the blind is global. I wonder how long that lasts. I assume about as long as TF's ult.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Nocturne is the Anti Shen. Can't save your teammate when you don't know which one is about to die. It's going to separate the Boyshens from the Manshens.

Also Coop vs AI as Katarina is just pure fun. Nice way to blow off steam and get more reflex practice in with her.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    IncognitoEsqIncognitoEsq TexasRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I for one am looking forward to playing as Ryze all week and feasting on all those silly Nocturnes who think they can step to the blue man

Try jumping on me when I can QWEQ you for half your health 8-)

IncognitoEsq on
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    toe jam

can't wait to scream op about the new champ

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Nocturne is going to be my go-to choice for jungling - good thing I already have an almost complete AS rune page

Say, what do you think of this Jarvan build against mixed damage types - mercury's treads, last whisper, aegis of legion, atmas impaler, frozen mallet and either banshees or sunfire. Is there room for improvement?

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    toe jam

can't wait to scream op about the new champ

why wait?

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I would have been upset about buying kassadin the day before he was free, but I was going to do it anyway. he's all "oh I'm sorry did you like having hp? too bad" then you get 20 mejais stacks and win the game

Jars on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    toe jam and earl?

The reason Genesis > SNES.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Screw Spectre, gimme patch notes plx. ~_~

Minerva_SC on
    "If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • Options
    zerg rushzerg rush Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Oh thank god the yordle slash fic died with the other thread.

zerg rush on
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    so is nocturne's ult like that of the dark lady in HoN? I fucking hated that ability so much. At least when I'm stunned I can watch what's happening... when I lose ally vision it's just like "hey you get to stop playing for 7 seconds"

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So played a bit more Jax in Co-op vs AI Intermmediate.

Seems pretty good, but very squishy. Not entirely sure how to build him.

Currently using my Amumu runes of HP Quints, MR blues, mp/5 per level yellows, and magpen reds.

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    So played a bit more Jax in Co-op vs AI Intermmediate.

Seems pretty good, but very squishy. Not entirely sure how to build him.

Currently using my Amumu runes of HP Quints, MR blues, mp/5 per level yellows, and magpen reds.

Jax can get kinda beefy, when you've got a million items. I've been trying out a new build on him and I'm not entirely sure of it but whatever:
    • Doran's Shield
    • Ninja Tabi (Or Merc Treads if they've got a lot of stun/magic damage
    • Hextech Gunblade
    • Rylais
    • Cutlass
    • Rageblade
    • Whatever

I haven't used it very much but it seems to not be completely horrible, but then again everyone I go up against is completely horrible. At the very least, the novelty of having the gunblade and cutlass active is really funny.

Sagaxus on
    a4i9N.png
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Probably saving IP for Noc. Spotlight looks good, except that it's mostly the same as the IGN release stuff.
    His skins just really don't impress me. His base looks better than either skin.
    Even his 'old' skin looks better than either of the RP ones.

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ryadic wrote: »
    toe jam and earl?

Nah the real reason was the vastly superior version of Shadowrun

As for Nocturne, I've been waiting a while for a new jungler, and this guy is definitely it. Love his apparent playstyle, and while I'm sure Paranoia will be irritating to play against, the fun factor of using it will make up for it I'm sure :)

Ledneh on
  • Options
    CaenemCaenem Sarasota, FLRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ledneh wrote: »
    Ryadic wrote: »
    toe jam and earl?

Nah the real reason was the vastly superior version of Shadowrun

Hacking in that game was all sorts of fun! That was the first rpg I played through multiple times with different classes. And I even went back a second time with a hacker because there was just so much to DO.

Caenem on
    But you, pig, are a lucky one. Tell us what we wish to know, and you may yet keep your bacon.
    Nemlock for online gaming
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Mitchell thread!

YES!

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Nocturne is certainly going to be one of the most hated champions next to Karthus, Eve and Teemo.

Alfred J. Kwak on