Options

Nintendo 3DS Thread: Out EVERYWHERE now! Friend Code extravaganza top of page one.

• Options
    GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm curious, can you hotswap games while the system is running (but you're in Home)?

Geod on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Yes, but it yells at you to quit the game first if you suspend.

Note that the DSi could do this from the main menu as well.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    UncleChetUncleChet N00b Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    so SSf4 3D is amazing. I"m 4/7 wins now, 71% ratio with no cheap wins. I'm pretty happy. I remapped some of the controls and play main people instead of random but i'm up to almost 400 bp. Now if I could get a friends match going.

I'm ramenbear on ultimo's site.

UncleChet on
    I'm sometimes grumpy and random, feel free to overlook the strange man in the corner.
  • Options
    GraviijaGraviija Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So anybody just taking a lot of pictures of random household objects because the 3D makes them cool as hell? My faucets have never been so well-documented.

Graviija on
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    You guys need to start posting disturbing AR photos.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    welp. 3DS just BSOD'd first time. [while playing dino 3D]

edit- and bsod's a second time right away [when entering a level in the game]

edit2- third time in a row. looks like it's because of wifi for some reason.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Apparently I need to be pushing mine harder or something. What were you doing at the time, PikaPuff?

Gaslight on
  • Options
    DritzDritz CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Combating dinosaurs I would assume.

Dritz on
    There I was, 3DS: 2621-2671-9899 (Ekera), Wii U: LostCrescendo
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Dritz wrote: »
    Combating dinosaurs I would assume.

Yeah, Pika edited in that it was while playing Dinosaurs after I asked.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Anyone/everyone else have a blank box in the menu after the release day firmware update? Can't click on it and it doesn't do anything, but is it a placeholder for something that's coming? I remember that there was a blank piece of data stored in the Wii as well - that never turned into anything.

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842
  • Options
    grim123grim123 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    what?!?! theres no more alarm clock!! how am I going to get up in the mornings

grim123 on
    Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Krathoon wrote: »
    You guys need to start posting disturbing AR photos.
    moo Day changed to 29 Mar 2011
    HNI_0003.JPG
    HNI_0004.JPG
    HNI_0006.JPG
    HNI_0005.JPG

That's all I managed to get earlier because my characters were being very unreliable and don't stick around long, if they appear at all =\

EDIT - oh heh you said *disturbing*. I missed that important word.
    If I can get them working I'll see what I can do!

vamen on
  • Options
    digitalwhodigitalwho Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Just got mine in the mail today. Eventually will have SSIV later on this week.
    For those that want to add me, I put myself on SirUltimos's little web database there. Be glad to play anyone in SSIV!

digitalwho on
    3DS Friend Code: 0688-5270-2794
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    Anyone/everyone else have a blank box in the menu after the release day firmware update? Can't click on it and it doesn't do anything, but is it a placeholder for something that's coming? I remember that there was a blank piece of data stored in the Wii as well - that never turned into anything.

Pretty sure that's there for everybody, yes.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So has anyone tested the range of StreetPass? I'm curious if I'll pick up any signals while driving in the expressway and leaving my 3DS on.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    Fleck0Fleck0 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So has anyone tested the range of StreetPass? I'm curious if I'll pick up any signals while driving in the expressway and leaving my 3DS on.

was wondering this too. I live in Southern California and we don't walk. But damned if we don't spend a lot of time in the car. Would be great if the range is far enough to at least catch the next lane over

Fleck0 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Gaslight wrote: »
    GMaster7 wrote: »

Pretty sure that's there for everybody, yes.

I have multiple pages of blank boxes.

I assume they're just slots for downloaded games.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    agoaj wrote: »
    Guys, try uploading your MPOs to start3d.com , they'll let you share them in the usual red/blue crosseyed manner, and they have an animated mode that kinda sorta works.
    http://www.start3d.com/en/6892311221/0001/5064541594422658

How do you get the photos into your PC? Just plug in the SD card?

I get a message when I open up the camera that photos can't be saved to the SD card, and are instead sent to the system's internal storage. Is it supposed to be like this?

• Options
    edited March 2011

God, I really really doubt it. That would be hilariously awesome, though.

Didn't see anybody answer this, so:
    On an unrelated note, I'm liking the 3DS a whole lot, but realizing quickly that I positively suck at the SSFIV controls. Using shoulder buttons just feels so awkward for some reason. What's everyone's most comfortable button configuration for SSFIV?

The way I figure it, the shoulder buttons are going to be an uncomfortable PITA to use no matter what, so assign them to something you don't use very often or at least never really need to mash. Therefore, not hard kick and hard punch. :P Make them whatever strength of punch/kick you find yourself using the least, or make them the 3P and 3K buttons or something.

But this is coming from someone who positively sucks at SF no matter what and who's probably going to end up playing Lite mode the majority of the time, so...

Gaslight on
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Guys, try uploading your MPOs to start3d.com , they'll let you share them in the usual red/blue crosseyed manner, and they have an animated mode that kinda sorta works.

I get a message when I open up the camera that photos can't be saved to the SD card, and are instead sent to the system's internal storage. Is it supposed to be like this?

No, it's supposed to default to the SD card. Check to make sure the it isn't switched to locked.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011

No, it's supposed to default to the SD card. Check to make sure the it isn't switched to locked.

How do I check this?

• Options
    edited March 2011

How do I check this?

Take the SD card out and see if it is switched to locked.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    OmeksOmeks Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I stashed my 3DS away in my pocket when I went to work this morning, just to see if I would pick up anybody. It was a longshot, but at least I also got some steps in.

I thought for sure I saw a guy playing a 3DS in the cafeteria, though (or some DS-shaped device), and I walked right past him too. I was kinda surprised when I didn't have any Mii or anything. He must not have his Streetpass turned on.

Omeks on
    Online Info (Click Spoiler for More):
    |Xbox Live Tag: Omeks
    |PSN Tag: Omeks_R7
    |Rock Band: Profile|DLC Collection
    Omeks.png
  • Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Fleck0 wrote: »

was wondering this too. I live in Southern California and we don't walk. But damned if we don't spend a lot of time in the car. Would be great if the range is far enough to at least catch the next lane over

It's funny, isn't it? Some of the best weather in the world but if something is so much as 2 blocks away we all hop in the car.

Vegan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    pslong9 wrote: »
    Picked up my 3DS from Best Buy today, along with PES 2011. Very, very nice.

Registered on SirUltimos's site and added some folks from there.

0817-3759-2788

Haven't heard much about PES 2011, I was trying to figure out what else to get with Ghost recon to use the tru sale and was thinking about maybe trying it. Most of the other launch titles aren't really very interesting to me and I picked up ssf4 already.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I thought about PES 2011 at first but when I found out there's only like two actually licensed Premier League teams I said fuck that. Damned if I want to play "West Midlands Village" and pretend they're Aston Villa.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Omeks wrote: »
    I stashed my 3DS away in my pocket when I went to work this morning, just to see if I would pick up anybody. It was a longshot, but at least I also got some steps in.

I thought for sure I saw a guy playing a 3DS in the cafeteria, though (or some DS-shaped device), and I walked right past him too. I was kinda surprised when I didn't have any Mii or anything. He must not have his Streetpass turned on.

Did you rub up against him? I hear that helps.
    At least that's what I've been telling people.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I have totally been adding you dudes.

Here's my code: 0860 - 3257 - 2516

Two Headed Boy on
    4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    edited March 2011

How do I check this?

Take the SD card out and see if it is switched to locked.

It wasn't locked, but putting it back in allowed me to save photos to the card. Weird.

In any event, I uploaded the mpo files in that website, but there's some artifacts on each pic. Not sure if I uploaded it wrong or if it's still processing. This one came out the best:

http://www.start3d.com/en/4242755454/0001/4728181458413743
    Vegan wrote: »
    Fleck0 wrote: »

It's funny, isn't it? Some of the best weather in the world but if something is so much as 2 blocks away we all hop in the car.

Walking is for chumps.
    I jog, but I'm not going to carry my 3DS while I'm doing that.

• Options
    TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Gaslight wrote: »
    I thought about PES 2011 at first but when I found out there's only like two actually licensed Premier League teams I said fuck that. Damned if I want to play "West Midlands Village" and pretend they're Aston Villa.

Hmm may have to just skip on the tru sale or go with monkey ball or something... The pilotwings demo station pretty much unsold me on that game. Nintendogs and Sims 3 are kind of fishtanks to me so those are out. Lego SW and Samurai Warriors aren't really interesting me much.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I have totally been adding you dudes.

Here's my code: 0860 - 3257 - 2516

You didn't add me, if you'd added me I'd have an email.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Read your email better!

Two Headed Boy on
    4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    CamuiCamui Sogekidan Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I added afew people here and there. All I wanna do is show off my Dan-tastic moves

Camui on
  • Options
    DratatooDratatoo Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Mii Plaza - Rescue the crown:

What happens if a cat summons another helper-hero? Its a bunny! :lol:

Dratatoo on
  • Options
    Yellow RangerYellow Ranger Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I picked up my 3DS on Sun morning and I've enjoyed it quite a bit so far. Even if the launch library isn't the most stunning collection, the potential this thing has is nuts. The 3D is just icing. A super powerful DS with hi-res screens and an analog pad? Yes please.

The only thing troubling me is the region locking. If they make a 3DS Ouendan I'll have buy a Japanese 3DS and that sounds expensive.

Yellow Ranger on
    sigcx.jpg
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Oh man, I just discovered the Excitebike music visualizer. So fucking awesome, I really hope it's eventually made into a playable minigame, like the faux-starfox and game & watch ones.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    MarioGMarioG Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm adding some peeps and not getting invites back.

So if you haven't added me here ya go: 0860-3240-2604

MarioG on
    Kay wrote:
    Mario, if Slenderman had a face, I would punch him in it.

Hey, I have a blog! (Actually being updated again!)

3DS: 0860-3240-2604
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    MarioG wrote: »

Mario, fix your entry on the roster! It's blank for some reason.

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    MarioG wrote: »

Added you. Looks like you don't actually have your friend code listed on the site, though. You may wanna fix that.

Edit: Ninja'd like Ibuki ninjas Guy. Profound sadness.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    AwkAwk Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I work downtown Edmonton and brought my 3DS with me. I work right in front of the heaviest street but I was surprised when i actually got a Street Pass with someone! A bit disappointing if you cant exchange friend codes via mii's or am I wrong? Still pretty cool, day 1!

Gonna spend some time now adding people left and right.

Awk on
This discussion has been closed.