As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The New Comic Thread for Friday, March 18, 2011

scsscsscsscs Registered User regular
edited March 2011 in Social Entropy++
1219834185_75SEg-L.jpg

scsscs on

• Options
    PkErthbndPkErthbnd Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    huge text bubbles are huuuuuuge.

PkErthbnd on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    so tired of hearing about this kid

love the facial expressions though.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    love this comic.

#pipe on
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    gabe is uh

also the perspective on those hands!!

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    brutal suplex

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I can piece it together from context

but I have never heard about what this comic is referencing

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I really kind of don't like gabe trying to realistically render hands

I mean they look alright but they just look out of place with the rest of his style to me

Vann Diras on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I like how Gabe just stands there and doesn't say anything

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc_Vp9CkYko

SabreMau on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

http://video.dailytelegraph.com.au/embed/1841676941/Shocking-school-fight-video?player=narrow

#pipe on
  • Options
    BEARDBEARD Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    He coulda killed that little kid

still, no court'll convict him

BEARD on
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I bet they're best friends now.

It works like that sometimes, especially if they've realized their Internet fame.

Unless, the smaller kid is completely insane.

Xehalus on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I feel sorry for that little kid. Dude's obviously trying to get respect from his equally fuckwitted buddies. He's the court jester of fuckwits.

BEARD on
  • Options
    NewtronNewtron Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Xehalus wrote: »

It works like that sometimes, especially if they've realized their Internet fame.

This actually happened with me and my first serious bully. He chased me around the play ground and finally started putting his hands on me and I retaliated. We rolled around on the ground and both of us ended up walking away with minor cuts and bruises.

I told the teacher after, but she didn't do anything besides kinda glance at me and said something to the effect of "don't do it again."

Afterwards he came up and apologized and we've more or less been close friends since.

I still don't condone violence though.

Newtron on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    yeah but did you pile-drive the dude

BEARD on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    BEARD wrote: »
    I feel sorry for that little kid. Dude's obviously trying to get respect from his equally fuckwitted buddies. He's the court jester of fuckwits.

you feel sorry for a kid for trying to get respect from assholes by punching an innocent bystander in the face

#pipe on
  • Options
    NewtronNewtron Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    No, at that time I was roughly the size of the little kid getting body slammed.

Newtron on
  • Options
    FactorySquirrelFactorySquirrel Marceline's Henchman Land of OooRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    This is the first I've heard about this kid. Just saw the video.

FactorySquirrel on
    "That man is playing Galaga! He thought we wouldn't notice. But we did."
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    #pipe wrote: »

you feel sorry for a kid for trying to get respect from assholes by punching an innocent bystander in the face

Yes

he is a pitiable human being

BEARD on
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I suddenly feel like Marvin the paranoid android about this thread

This'll all end in tears

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Kinda sad.

Youtube pulled down the only version worth watching.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    ThreadbareSockThreadbareSock Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Yes

Yea, its pretty clear he was doing it for peer acceptance. If any of you haven't seen how that works in your lifetime, then you aren't paying attention. Even adults do it.

Trying to understand what led to the kid being a shit, and even being sympathetic to those reasons, doesn't mean he goes without punishment.

ThreadbareSock on
  • Options
    FactorySquirrelFactorySquirrel Marceline's Henchman Land of OooRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Man, fuck excuses. You know what I did to be accepted by my peers? I was nice. Worked great. Didn't need to randomly hit people who didn't do anything to me.

FactorySquirrel on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Gabe has always been drawn as the only one that looks like he could possibly hold his own in a fight.

What he doesn't know about is Jerry has a belt full of wonderful toys

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Newtron wrote: »
    Xehalus wrote: »

This actually happened with me and my first serious bully. He chased me around the play ground and finally started putting his hands on me and I retaliated. We rolled around on the ground and both of us ended up walking away with minor cuts and bruises.

I told the teacher after, but she didn't do anything besides kinda glance at me and said something to the effect of "don't do it again."

Afterwards he came up and apologized and we've more or less been close friends since.

I still don't condone violence though.

This is every pre-internet grade school tumble.

Weaver on
  • Options
    ThreadbareSockThreadbareSock Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Man, fuck excuses. You know what I did to be accepted by my peers? I was nice. Worked great. Didn't need to randomly hit people who didn't do anything to me.

No one said anything about excuses. In fact, I explicitly said the opposite. Try reading! Simply punishing the kid wont necessarily change his behavior in the future, particularly if he has the type of friends that would put him up to this.

ThreadbareSock on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

No one said anything about excuses. In fact, I explicitly said the opposite. Try reading! Simply punishing the kid wont necessarily change his behavior in the future, particularly if he has the type of friends that would put him up to this.

I wasn't talking to you.

FactorySquirrel on
  • Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    whoa why the hell is the text so dang big on this one

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    n
    nerds?

Weaver on
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Weaver wrote: »
    n
    nerds?

/piledriver you

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    So wait...the little one is the bully?

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Yeah.

FactorySquirrel on
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    man whatever. I did that shit in the 6th grade. Beat the snot out of a kid who had been bullying me for years.

I hit him so hard he wound up in Catholic School. Then he met a nice lady, they have a family now, he lives up the block. Nice guy, sends me a card every Christmas.

Bucketman on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Yes

Yea, its pretty clear he was doing it for peer acceptance. If any of you haven't seen how that works in your lifetime, then you aren't paying attention. Even adults do it.

Trying to understand what led to the kid being a shit, and even being sympathetic to those reasons, doesn't mean he goes without punishment.

At most you can feel pity for him for folding to peer pressure because he's that goddamn dumb to fall for it to begin with.

Blake T on
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I sure wish the video in this thread was working

YaYa on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    YaYa wrote: »

Which one's not?

SabreMau on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    And to further add to what I said, it's a but silly to say you feel sorry for the bully without even mentioning the victem, poor guy had obviously been pushed too far.

Blake T on
  • Options
    Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I think the large font is supposed to denote forced, artificial dialog.

Like, their heart is not in what they are saying, it's just for the cameras.

Monkey Ball Warrior on
    "I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    It was a schoolyard fight, and the big kid knew what the skinny kid didn't - fights aren't about looking cool. They're about making the other guy stop hitting you before he hits you some more. The big kid did so, from what little evidence is in the video, after tollerating being hit repeatedly. When he recognized the skinny kid wasn't about to stop tormenting him and was feeding off his friends' repeated calls for more, he put a swift, decisive end to it and removed himself from the situation. Whether his methods were legal is irrelevant, they were justified and effective.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    SabreMau wrote: »
    YaYa wrote: »

Which one's not?

the daily telegraph one doesn't load for me at all

YaYa on
This discussion has been closed.