Options

infuse vodka

RericReric Registered User regular
edited February 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
So I read an article about infusing vodka with fruit and it sounds like a fun little thing to do. My issue is finding a good jar to do it in. I went out the other day to try and find a good sealable glass jar and came up empty handed. Only was able to find an acryllic jar, which will probably work for my first attempt but I feel like it wont clean as well for future attempts. Anyone know of a place online that I can get a glass sealable jar online? Preferably one with a spout like the one on this webpage http://www.cocktailtimes.com/party/vodka_infusion.shtml

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reric on

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Check out Hangar One's forums, some people posted good info on making their own vodka.

Haven't done it myself, but I think you'd want to stick to glass, and not acrylic or plastic.

Ball jars are famous for thier canning jars, could check those out. Also may try looking for science/labratory equipment.

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    stigweardstigweard Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I was going to chime with with mason jars that have the rubber seal and pressure mounted top, but I guess that is exactly the type of thing Ball Jars make. We use mason jars for jams and jellies and they have a good seal.

stigweard on
  • Options
    ZeonZeon Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    stigweard wrote:
    I was going to chime with with mason jars that have the rubber seal and pressure mounted top, but I guess that is exactly the type of thing Ball Jars make. We use mason jars for jams and jellies and they have a good seal.

Yep, mason/ball/bell jars are perfect for this. Even the one use ones are pretty good, and you can get them for like a dollar so youre not throwing away a whole lot at the end.

Zeon on
    btworbanner.jpg
    Check out my band, click the banner.
  • Options
    redimpulseredimpulse Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Yes. Buy some Ball jars.

redimpulse on
    rbsig.jpg
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I've done it jsut throwing fruit in the vodka bottle. seemed to work ok

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    It's tough, man. I've tried it and ended up with 2 undrinkable beverages. Maybe I used the wrong vodka or let it sit too long or something.

I find it easier to just get some fruit juice and mix about 1 minute before you drink it.

EggyToast on
    || Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I did it over the summer. took an empty vodak bottle and put like half a cut up peach and some blueberries in with some vodka. Let it sit for like a month. It was fabulous by the time we drank it. It was so juicy by the end the vodka actually started to freeze.

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    gneGnegneGne Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    vodka/tonic, add some kiwi?

gneGne on
    pasigcopyox6.jpg
  • Options
    QuelrethQuelreth Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    My roommates did this with Grey Goose and lychee. I only got a little sip before people had drank the whole thing, but it was tastey. They just stuffed the lychee in the bottle and stuck it in a cabinet for a week or two.

Quelreth on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I did it over the summer. took an empty vodak bottle and put like half a cut up peach and some blueberries in with some vodka. Let it sit for like a month. It was fabulous by the time we drank it. It was so juicy by the end the vodka actually started to freeze.

that sounds incredible. what kind of vodka did you use?

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch