As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Regular [chat]: TAG UP! TAG UP!

• Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    MikeMan wrote: »

Love that clip. Really wish Lebron had taken the Jordan route and let his basketball do all the talking for him. NBA is like nascar now, guys are concerned with how to market their image into a brand.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    That LeBron gif is old as fuck and comes as no surprise to NBA fans. There's numerous stories of him tipping like, 10 dollars on 900 dollar bills and shit.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Oh, Jump Leads finally updated, by the way. We've a new colourist, Kris Carter, who's worked on Doctor Who, Transformers and Torchwood comics, amongst other things.

Squirminator2k on
    Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I've also gotten asked to sell insurance. And they always imply that they actually read my resume.

Well yeah. I mean as an insurance agent you cost most shops absolutely nothing, and in some cases even generate revenue by existing (They can charge you rent for your office, you entrepeneur, you.)

If you desperately sell life insurance to your family/friends and then die in a fire, they still made out.

Deebaser on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Man, way to ruin my day? Send me a job description for a job I can't even begin to qualify for that pays $56-68/hr.

Ffffffffffffffffff

I get these all the time. It's always like

"New job opening! Project manager making 80k a year and you get to live in Minneapolis.

Requirements: Not. You."

*hatred*

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    http://kotaku.com/#!5785306/dragon-age-ii-writer-eloquently-defends-the-games-sexuality-balance

I... I don't understand this. Was the author of the post in question angry that he only had two romance options and that it sucks because they should have dumped some of the homosexual options to provide more straight options?

I mean, at first I read a complaint about the "exotic" choice in Isabella and Merril and assumed maybe he just wanted to bang Aveline because she wasn't "Hooker Pirate" or "Slender Non Human". You know, a normal human player. That's kind of valid. But then the rest of the article is all... say what?

Sheep on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    My mom woke me up this morning by stroking my face and crying and saying how much she loves me.

Couldn't sleep for a while after that.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I still say I had the best [chat] theme with latex [chat].

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    Tarranon wrote: »
    bob's burgers has gotten so good in a short space of time

really fond of that show

It's like they went out of their way to find all the most annoying voice actors ever just so they could pair them with one of the best.

hey, Kristen Schaal may carry the show, but come on man, Mr. H. Jon aint no slouch.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The guy was pissed off that gay guys approached him in-game and wanted to hook up.

He is, of course, a complete (tankie tanker - Ed.).

Squirminator2k on
    Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    My mom woke me up this morning by stroking my face and crying and saying how much she loves me.

That would freak me out a bit if my Mum did that.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

If my mom did that I would never sleep again.

Deebaser on
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Deebaser wrote: »
    I've also gotten asked to sell insurance. And they always imply that they actually read my resume.

Well yeah. I mean as an insurance agent you cost most shops absolutely nothing, and in some cases even generate revenue by existing (They can charge you rent for your office, you entrepeneur, you.)

If you desperately sell life insurance to your family/friends and then die in a fire, they still made out.

I googled the company name + 'scam' and got complaint pages from the previous week from people looking for jobs. No tanks.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    BobCesca wrote: »

That would freak me out a bit if my Mum did that.

Well I told her about having suicidal thoughts and urges the other day so it's not like there's no motivation behind it.

Still a little weird, though.

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Sheep wrote: »
    http://kotaku.com/#!5785306/dragon-age-ii-writer-eloquently-defends-the-games-sexuality-balance

I... I don't understand this. Was the author of the post in question angry that he only had two romance options and that it sucks because they should have dumped some of the homosexual options to provide more straight options?

I mean, at first I read a complaint about the "exotic" choice in Isabella and Merril and assumed maybe he just wanted to bang Aveline because she wasn't "Hooker Pirate" or "Slender Non Human". You know, a normal human player. That's kind of valid. But then the rest of the article is all... say what?

If nothing else I am incredibly impressed with the response from the Dragon age writer

I can't even begin to describe how impressed I am with it

I think the best way is to set aside some money and buy dragon age 2 at some point, and buy bioware games in the future

Arch on
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

really fond of that show

It's like they went out of their way to find all the most annoying voice actors ever just so they could pair them with one of the best.

hey, Kristen Schaal may carry the show, but come on man, Mr. H. Jon aint no slouch.

The main voice actor employment crossover between Archer and Bob's Burgers is rather disorienting.

I keep wondering why Archer grew a mustache and is working at a burger place.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    The guy was pissed off that gay guys approached him in-game and wanted to hook up.

Oh... so an over reaction?

I guess he got all pissy over the Glee thing too?

Sheep on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I saw my mom for the first time in a year back at christmas

She hugged me and buried her face in my arm and said "I just need to smell you.."

Creeeeeppppyyyyyy..

Ludious on
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

really fond of that show

Yeah, the young girl is pretty good.

But the older daughter and mother just really get on my nerves the second they open their mouths.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Why do games even have romance options? "No Tali. Im not Hitting on y....YAAAA....WHY ARE WE FUCKING ALL OF A SUDDEN"

Deebaser on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Which doesn't stop me from watching Bobs Burgers on Hulu.

So I guess it isn't too annoying.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

really fond of that show

Yeah, the young girl is pretty good.

But the older daughter and mother just really get on my nerves the second they open their mouths.

eh. I mean yeah the mother has one of those annoying 'mother voices' but it doesn't annoy me personally. and on a technical level i find both their timing and cadences to be excellent in general

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Arch wrote: »

If nothing else I am incredibly impressed with the response from the Dragon age writer

I can't even begin to describe how impressed I am with it

I think the best way is to set aside some money and buy dragon age 2 at some point, and buy bioware games in the future

I do not understand Kotaku's comment system at all.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ludious wrote: »

She hugged me and buried her face in my arm and said "I just need to smell you.."

Creeeeeppppyyyyyy..

This is not real right?

Right?

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Why do games even have romance options? "No Tali. Im not Hitting on y....YAAAA....WHY ARE WE FUCKING ALL OF A SUDDEN"

I like romance options! It's like how a movie can be rounded out by a really satisfying romance, except you get to choose your partner and if it even happens and what path it takes!

• Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    You're out of touch
    I'm out of touch

@Cass: As a girl gamer, I too like romance options!

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Lawndart wrote: »

really fond of that show

The main voice actor employment crossover between Archer and Bob's Burgers is rather disorienting.

I keep wondering why Archer grew a mustache and is working at a burger place.

And I keep wondering when Coach McGuirk became a master guide to the spirit world.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    That LeBron gif is old as fuck and comes as no surprise to NBA fans. There's numerous stories of him tipping like, 10 dollars on 900 dollar bills and shit.
    I remember a night when Wayne Gretzky insulted Michael Jordan at the table. It was a private salon game. Michael had ordered a drink from the cocktail waitress, and he gave her a five-dollar chip. Wayne took it off the cocktail waitress’s tray, gave it back to Michael, grabbed a hundred-dollar chip from Michael’s stack and put it on the cocktail waitress’s tray. Then he said, “That’s how we tip in Las Vegas, Michael.”

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Oh man, saw the best warning sign near where they're doing construction on the new executive offices (in the middle of layoffs and budget uncertainty.)

Asbestos Warning! How awesome is that?

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

One of the commenters made a good point that romance options in Bioware games aren't really "romance," they're appeasing the character until they'll let you fuck them.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I love Kristen Schaal so much and I don't even know why. I get excited when she's on The Daily Show and I even watched her commercial for Sony on the youtube front page. Voluntarily and with sound!

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    I remember a night when Wayne Gretzky insulted Michael Jordan at the table. It was a private salon game. Michael had ordered a drink from the cocktail waitress, and he gave her a five-dollar chip. Wayne took it off the cocktail waitress’s tray, gave it back to Michael, grabbed a hundred-dollar chip from Michael’s stack and put it on the cocktail waitress’s tray. Then he said, “That’s how we tip in Las Vegas, Michael.”

Man...a 5 dollar tip on a single drink is ridiculously good. Just because you got money in the bank doesn't mean you have to dole out 100 dollar bills to everyone who comes within 10 ft of you.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Oh man, saw the best warning sign near where they're doing construction on the new executive offices (in the middle of layoffs and budget uncertainty.)

yami you know what is fun

my entire building is plastered with them, has been for months, and the entire second floor (where the new lab I will be working in in a few weeks is located)

is full of rooms where they are actively cleaning out asbestos

so glad i am leaving in a few months

Arch on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Feral wrote: »

One of the commenters made a good point that romance options in Bioware games aren't really "romance," they're appeasing the character until they'll let you fuck them.

Someone better/funnier than me needs to make this joke.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Ludious wrote: »

Creeeeeppppyyyyyy..

This is not real right?

Right?

I dont know about his, but I have many similar stories

Arch on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Arch wrote: »

yami you know what is fun

my entire building is plastered with them, has been for months, and the entire second floor (where the new lab I will be working in in a few weeks is located)

is full of rooms where they are actively cleaning out asbestos

so glad i am leaving in a few months

I really hope this and my month long chronic cough are not related. I should go to the doctor but I feel so stupid telling him "Yeah, I've been coughing a bit for a couple weeks."

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

If my mom did that I would never sleep again.

Yeah, I'd be freaked out because
    -My mom either doesn't feel or doesn't express affection, I'm not sure which
    -She doesn't know where I live

TL DR on
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

Oh... so an over reaction?

I guess he got all pissy over the Glee thing too?

There was a dude in the States who menaced his girlfriend with a handgun after catching that clip while channel flipping of Sheen kissing Jimmy Kimmel.

LaOs on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Nope. Real. My mom is crazy. I don't have much patience for it after all these years.

Ludious on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Feral wrote: »

there are disapproval romances now

you can tell someone they have nothing but bad ideas and still fuck them

progress!

Elendil on
This discussion has been closed.