As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Video Editing/Creation Software

WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
So i'm thinking about creating videos for YouTube in the form of reviews or playthroughs that are issued from my website, however because i'm a big fuss pot, I'd like to have a good intro sequence played at the beginning of the videos, other than that blue screen white text rubbish.

That's what I want to do, but i'm not sure what tools I need to go about doing it. Does anyone have any experience/knowledge on what i'd need to do in order to create a neat intro?

I'm not looking for Gametrailer like intro sequences, but something akin to what GiantBomb uses at the start of their reviews would be useful for me.

WMain00 on

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    To my (limited) knowledge nothing like this really exists. Those introductions are created by professionals in 3d modeling and 2d image editing programs like Maya and Photoshop. If some sort of "make your own" thing existed it would probably look cheesy and canned.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    You could do most of that type of stuff with After Effects

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    johnnythefifthjohnnythefifth Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    pinnicle will do this too

johnnythefifth on
    The enemy's gate is always down!
  • Options
    Skoal CatSkoal Cat Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    If you are going to buy software, Sony Vegas is pretty solid. They also have a good audio editor that's packed in with a certain suite.

Skoal Cat on