Options

Stan Lee presents: [chat]

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    What's the Mystic River -> Spike Lee connection?

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2011
    for my second playthrough i am running a blood mage who hates on mages and blood magic. i am curious whether they recorded specific dialogue options for that kind of hypocrisy

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Irond Will wrote: »
    for my second playthrough i am running a blood mage who hates on mages and blood magic. i am curious whether they recorded specific dialogue options for that kind of hypocrisy
    I think people comment on your being a mage, but no one gives a shit if you're a blood mage

Elendil on
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Quid wrote: »
    I don't get it. I takes my computer 20 minutes to move the nearly thirty gigs of WoW but over an hour to move five gigs of music.

Except now it's down to 14 minutes.

Weird.

Its all about the number of files and how contiguous they are on disk. Large music libraries are like one of the worst case scenarios, short of, like, a million sub-4KB files.

Like when you copy an entire user directory, and it hits the internet cache files.

*SKIDCRASHBURN*

mcdermott on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    emnmnme wrote: »
    This movie is on sale at amazon.com this weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5Mad4RQQUc

"She's an alpha and you're an omega. We can eat together but we can't ... y'know ... howl together."

My brains are leaking out of my ears.

C-Lister stuntcasted animation... in 3D!

Sounds like a winner to me.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    What's the Mystic River -> Spike Lee connection?

good catch!

Mystic River was based on a book written by the crime author Dennis Lehane, who also wrote for The Wire. One of his fellow screenwriters on The Wire was Richard Price, who wrote the fantastic novel Clockers (which was also a huge influence on The Wire's approach in general).

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I am thinking of getting the DA strategy guide

the internet is not on the ball at all

I guess all the grognards who normally update wikis and shit are all boycotting it

Elendil on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Do you ever see people who remind you of specific anthropomorphized animal characters?

Like, something about their features is somehow reminiscent?

It is eerie.

Winky on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2011
    This movie is on sale at amazon.com this weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5Mad4RQQUc

"She's an alpha and you're an omega. We can eat together but we can't ... y'know ... howl together."

My brains are leaking out of my ears.

i must see it

i prefer my romantic comedies in the form of animated wolves with b-list voice actors

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

For my second run through I will kill mages in front of Anders, just to spite what his alternate universe self did.

Daxon on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Winky wrote: »
    Winky I'm surprised you're comfortable mentioning that.

I know many more awful things in much more detail than I would care to due to the internet, I am not necessarily ashamed to admit it because I imagine you're all in a similar situation.

I thought the Enlightened liberal thinking on this was it doesn't matter what you fap to as long as nobody gets hurt. Shaming is a tool of the devilish, uptight conservative whereas sensible liberals applaud diversity and sexual exploration and free condoms and legalized weed, etc.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Okay, I am taking a break from Dragon Age because my Xbox keeps turning into a paperweight. Thought I solved the problem but I guess not!

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Do you ever see people who remind you of specific anthropomorphized animal characters?

It is eerie.

The guy who actually cut my hair was amazing. It was like a fully scalp massage, very similar to Bugs Bunny in that Barber of Seville cartoon. However, he still looked nothing like a tall anthropomorphic rabbit.

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Without my DVD collection to look at, it is kinda sorta hard to come up with 100 movies that I have seen and really liked.

I don't just want to list any movie I have seen and went "meh, it was okay" I only want to put down movies I actually enjoyed greatly. So far I am up to 57.

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    Elendil wrote: »

I guess all the grognards who normally update wikis and shit are all boycotting it

the DA wiki is occasionally useful

but you're probably right

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I must not have liked slumdog millionaire because I don't want to see it again. If someone said they were screening Slumdog or Waterworld, I'd pick Waterworld.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    radroadkillradroadkill MDRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I have to grill mushrooms in a few. And then shower. and then go to the store. And then finish cleaning. Today is busy and someone should do things for me. I will pay you in liquor.

radroadkill on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I could probably name 100 bands I really like. Maybe 200 if I was pushed. I couldn't do it for movies though.

Tav on
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I must not have liked slumdog millionaire because I don't want to see it again. If someone said they were screening Slumdog or Waterworld, I'd pick Waterworld.

Waterworld is great.

I bet it's even better when viewed sober.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Winky I'm surprised you're comfortable mentioning that.

I know many more awful things in much more detail than I would care to due to the internet, I am not necessarily ashamed to admit it because I imagine you're all in a similar situation.

I thought the Enlightened liberal thinking on this was it doesn't matter what you fap to as long as nobody gets hurt. Shaming is a tool of the devilish, uptight conservative whereas sensible liberals applaud diversity and sexual exploration and free condoms and legalized weed, etc.

it probably is with maybe a caveat for pedophilia.

as many people on this forum will attest, i'm not particularly socially liberal when it comes to sexual expression tho.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    I don't think it particularly matters what you fap to but I also am not huge on hearing about it in any great detail.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    my puerto rican friend is having me over for dinner tonight. i am thinking about bringing rum and supplies to make dacquiris.

then again, his wife is mexican. maybe i should bring supplies for margaritas

she's from puebla though. i'm not even sure they have tequila down there. i know that instead of the mariachi kind of stuff, they listen to this music called "banda" that sounds to me like austrian waltzes or something. maybe they just drink riesling and beer or something.

i guess picking up some wine would be a safer bet probably.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

It is eerie.

The guy who actually cut my hair was amazing. It was like a fully scalp massage, very similar to Bugs Bunny in that Barber of Seville cartoon. However, he still looked nothing like a tall anthropomorphic rabbit.

Used to be a dishwasher at my restaurant who looked like an Ewok. He was a belligerent little fella, but as nobody could understand him, it was kinda cute when he got angry.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »

the DA wiki is occasionally useful

but you're probably right
    it's pretty incomplete and unorganized

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    I don't think it particularly matters what you fap to but I also am not huge on hearing about it in any great detail.

that is my sense of it.

telling people to knock it off when i'm around doesn't count as "sexual shaming" to me.

then again, some would disagree

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

It is eerie.

Used to be a dishwasher at my restaurant who looked like an Ewok. He was a belligerent little fella, but as nobody could understand him, it was kinda cute when he got angry.

'cism

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    radroadkillradroadkill MDRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    my puerto rican friend is having me over for dinner tonight. i am thinking about bringing rum and supplies to make dacquiris.

then again, his wife is mexican. maybe i should bring supplies for margaritas

she's from puebla though. i'm not even sure they have tequila down there. i know that instead of the mariachi kind of stuff, they listen to this music called "banda" that sounds to me like austrian waltzes or something. maybe they just drink riesling and beer or something.

i guess picking up some wine would be a safer bet probably.

The obvious solution is to bring all of it.

radroadkill on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    You know...people always tell me "alcohol isn't the answer." And I think that's bullshit.

I mean, what if the question is "In chemistry, what do you call any organic compound in which a hydroxyl functional group (-OH) is bound to a carbon atom, and is usually connected to other carbon or hydrogen atoms?"

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    you could bring a giant pinata shaped like a sombrero

I bet they'd like that

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Eddy wrote: »

It is eerie.

'cism

Xenocism.

Drez on
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I learned what a NEET was from watching Eden of the East.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Bringing racially-appropriate dinner gifts is so 20th century

nowadays everyone will accept Yuengling and Fritos

Eddy on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    jacobkosh wrote: »

I fap to posts about people not wanting to hear details about what other people fap to.

Thank you, jacobkosh. I'm set for like 5-6 weeks now.

Drez on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Much as I love Aronofsky's work, the best thing he ever did was get together with Rachel Weisz. Such a good decision.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Drez wrote: »
    You know...people always tell me "alcohol isn't the answer." And I think that's bullshit.

I mean, what if the question is "In chemistry, what do you call any organic compound in which a hydroxyl functional group (-OH) is bound to a carbon atom, and is usually connected to other carbon or hydrogen atoms?"

A carboxylic acid.

Winky on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm not sure how I feel about Dragon Age 2. I'm tackling it in small bits inbetween studying for my Poli Sci exam. Maybe I'd be less frustrated with it if I was doing it all in one go? There are way too many fucking loading screens, I'll tell you that.

• Options
    edited March 2011
    Eddy wrote: »
    Bringing racially-appropriate dinner gifts is so 20th century

nowadays everyone will accept Yuengling and Fritos

Nobody actually likes Yuengling.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I know way too much about all of my male friends' sex lives. All of them. In a couple of cases, I know too much about their bowel movements too.

• Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    85 down, 15 more to go.

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I know way too much about all of my male friends' sex lives. All of them. In a couple of cases, I know too much about their bowel movements too.

poop coming out now

Eddy on
This discussion has been closed.