As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mod Approved] Mass Effect 2 Research

2»

• Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Done! Good call on editing the thread title.

Turkey on
  • Options
    AliasunknownAliasunknown Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Thank you to everyone that has filled out the survey so far. I'm about 50 respondents away from my goal; a little publicity would go a long way :) If you have the time, please tweet or post on Facebook. The link for the survey is http://vplsurveys.limequery.com/81271/lang-en Or, if yo'd like a shortened url you can use http://bit.ly/h6465l

Thank you all again :)

Aliasunknown on
  • Options
    LowlanderLowlander Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, one of the things I question about the efficacy of this survey is the demographic you're getting.

I mean of all the people that play video games, only a subset are 'hardcore' and I feel that gaming forums are actually just a subset of those people. I guess if you analyze your results based on that knowledge that's ok, but you can't pass it off the same as if you had stood on some street corner and asked every passer by if they had played the game, and then polled the people who said they had.

I suppose if you strictly want to know what has more lasting impact, gameplay or story it wouldn't matter. I'm not certain that 'casual' game players might not answer differently. Just something to think about.

Lowlander on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BlackDoveBlackDove Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The demographic is irrelevant in this survey.

Or rather, it's spot on.

The demographic comes into question depending on the context of the query itself. Here, he's simply quizzing the people that did play the game (and cared enough about it) whether or not they retained specific information, and their habits with the game.

The subset of people that played Mass Effect he's querying isn't important to what he's trying to find out, or whether they're the hardkorez or the kasualz. Not the point on any level for this particular survey.

BlackDove on
  • Options
    apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    BlackDove wrote: »
    "Not religious" was good enough for me (as long as atheist was there as a choice as well to differentiate).

The race question needed an "I don't know/care" field.

Thats great. You're not religious.

I'm pointing out that there are lots of religious people that will have no valid response.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • Options
    BlackDoveBlackDove Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I don't give a shit about them.

Good to know though, I guess.

At what point do you stop though? I do believe being a Jedi Knight is a recognized religion. Not that I'm not supporting an addition of "other" or something if it wasn't there.

BlackDove on
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    That was a fun little survey, and reminded me how much I loved playing through the game. Good luck on your research and thesis.

Cormac on
    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika