As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Solved!] Stuck Bedroom Window

summerycleptsummeryclept Registered User regular
edited March 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
My girlfriend and I moved recently, in with a new room mate, and while trying to install our window A/C, we discovered the bedroom window doesn't open. The two latches on the bottom won't move at all, but the window will lift up just the barest fraction of a tiny inch, enough to stick, say, the end of a screwdriver in. One of the latches was rusted and upon trying to pull it, popped off completely. The remaining latch isn't even pretending it wants to do anything.

The room is a burning death pit right now, and we're not sure where to go from here - google wants us to check for paint seals and all, but that doesn't appear to be the problem. Anyone know anything about windows?

summeryclept on

• EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    My girlfriend and I moved recently, in with a new room mate, and while trying to install our window A/C, we discovered the bedroom window doesn't open. The two latches on the bottom won't move at all, but the window will lift up just the barest fraction of a tiny inch, enough to stick, say, the end of a screwdriver in. One of the latches was rusted and upon trying to pull it, popped off completely. The remaining latch isn't even pretending it wants to do anything.

The room is a burning death pit right now, and we're not sure where to go from here - google wants us to check for paint seals and all, but that doesn't appear to be the problem. Anyone know anything about windows?

Your landlord.

Seriously, trying to force it could cause the glass to shatter.

Esh on
  • Skoal CatSkoal Cat Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    A little WD40 wouldn't hurt but do not force it like Esh said.
    And also like Esh said, call the landlord.
    Basically, do what Esh said.

Skoal Cat on