As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Megaten Discussion] Elizabeth added to P4A; P4's cast is already dead.

• Options
    MarsDragonMarsDragon Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    It's not the same one?

And part of the reason I'll take an official US release over the fan translation is so I can hear how Eikichi sounds (properly) dubbed.

Yeah, weren't they just remastering the audio, not remaking it? Pretty sure it's all the same guys again.

But there's no good way to dub Eikichi unless they make him bad at a completely different language. Engrish just doesn't translate that well.

MarsDragon on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    There had been a system error, and the programming has been repaired.

Those responsible have been sacked.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011

...fuck, I wish I could think of a moose demon to keep this gag going.

Andy Joe on
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Andy Joe wrote: »

...fuck, I wish I could think of a moose demon to keep this gag going.

The best you could get would be a buffalo-headed guy.

Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Alice in Raidou 1 has been slain. She's now my new favorite dungeon companion. Serious business + happy-go-lucky skipping along.

Meeting her requires having Belial and Nebiros, who she calls Uncle Red and Uncle Black.

Just like old times!

That video was what made me want to play SMT1.
    (Yes, she makes the request of Raidou too.)

She wasn't that difficult, just annoying. Beelzebub... he'll be a nightmare.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DartboyDartboy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    You know, I was thinking. With the improved graphics of the 3DS (and NGP), Atlus could probably wring some more use out of all the PS2 demon models. Some sort of DDS Portable would rock.

Edit: and talking about Raidou vs Beelzebub there, I don't know about hard mode but I had zero problems with that fight. Just keep in mind he casts Megido like every other second, which means you can't do a full attack combo. Just do a couple hits then get out of the way.

Dartboy on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    In Hard Mode, Mazandyne does 624 damage. And I'm Level 69.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Hmm...how much space do 3DS cartridges have?

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    So you want to see how stupid Devil Mode is with none of the 80 hours of grinding?

You're in luck!

I'm going after the final boss, and am ready as I'm bound to get. If I die, screw it. More grinding. :P

The trick will be dodging Soulless Ray. It's unblockable, goes from left to right, and hurts like hell.

Very will could be instant kill.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I hope Devil Survivor 2 didn't nerf the almighty Drain spell.

Also, I hope everyone in their mama doesn't repel phys endgame.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So, I need to start over Persona 3 again, since I lost my save due to the PS3 borking some time ago. Thing is, I can't decide whether to stick with FES on the PS2, or try out P3 Portable on the PSP.

I heard the PSP version includes several refinements from Persona 4 which makes it "better", but I also heard it's missing some stuff from the original (no anime clips?).

So I just wanted some personal input on which version is overall more "definitive".

Also, is Persona 1 on PSP worth sticking through before trying Innocent Sin once it comes out? I tried it for a little bit, but it's a bit...old school. And not in the good way.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Well...on thing the P3P version is really missing is the anime cutscenes(obviously because of smaller disc size).

That being said it does add a lot of the better combat mechanics from P4(like manual control for teammates as the main one) and it let's to play as the other gender.

As for what I've heard of FES, the extras added to that are basically bad writing/plot that should be ignored anyway.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I really like the anime sequences in Persona games though...

• Options
    edited April 2011
    Well, I'm just giving you the down low, not making the decision for you or anything.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I know, I'm internally debating this.

I guess I could just play FES first and then P3P with the female lead, but that's a crazy amount of replaying for a game I've still yet to finish.

Lost my damn save twice. How many times must I witness Junpei trying to hit on those older girls at the beach?
    it's still funny, though

There is one thing I'd like to request: a handy chart that tells you what order and times to visit Social Links in FES so you can max them out.

I want to quickly get back to where I was before the save crash, and cutting down on random SL visits would greatly speed things along.

• Options
    edited April 2011
    What the hell. :( Soulless Rain killed Raidou in one shot. 999.

I have no clue how to even evade it. It's entirely random.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Also, I hope everyone in their mama doesn't repel phys endgame.
    Holy Dance + Magic Yang + Tyrant = you win everything, forever.

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    No...you see...I didn't dislike it because it negated my party configuration(my teams were 2 magic/1 phy)

I disliked it because that 1 phy team(Atsuro) was pretty much stuck with their thumbs up their asses for some maps. And he also fell behind a bit in levels because of it.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    FIVE HOURS LATER. Soulless God went DOWN.

What a rush. Thank you, based Arahabaki.

Raidou Devil Mode cleared. You have a new goal, Gilder.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    So uh... how bad is Raidou 2's King Mode? :P I feel obligated.

I could also go after Lucifer, since I got the Chaos ending in my first cycle.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    So King Mode on Raidou 2 is tough, but not stupid like Raidou 1. Just tough.

Enemies do double damage, Raidou deals half.

The real kicker? Enemies are much faster at tracking and chasing. That's to balance out Raidou 2's tuck and roll mechanic update.

In a way, I think this might be harder.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    OtogiOtogi Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So a guide will be released for Catherine by Enterbrain (at least for Japan). It's going to include a 127 page book, as well a DVD visual guide for some levels and an artbook on the DVD. Sounds pretty good for 15 bucks.

Otogi on
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    P3P musings:
    What the SHIT, Ikutski? o_O

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Alright, back to playing Persona 3 FES. Last time you guys told me I could just put off exploring until the day before a full moon, and my characters would not get tired while in Tartarus. That wasn't true at all. So, is there another good way to level grind in this game?

Now that I have more characters than I have party slots, do I have to rotate them in and out to keep them all evenly leveled? Or do the people waiting behind share exp too?

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    They did remove that from FES, but you still get a good while.

And those left behind get shafted. Pick a team you like and stick with them.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    PMAvers wrote: »
    P3P musings:
    What the SHIT, Ikutski? o_O

Yeah, that bit felt really random to me. P3 kind of falls apart after that and before January. (I'd say December, but December really was THE MOST BORING MONTH IN THE GAME)

Like, I get what they were doing. It just felt random and a plot twist for the sake of a plot twist. And while you can say that about my favourite P2 as well (both parts, IS moreso), the characters in those generally acted sensibly, or had reasons for being nuts. The insane plot twists were explicitly the fault of the villain, who was doing his own crazy thing. For P3, that twist is just kind of there.

MarsDragon on
  • Options
    Xenogear_0001Xenogear_0001 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm starting up DDS soon. Or, rather, starting it again as I got massively derailed by SMT: Nocturne. Had to min-max that bitch out the gate. Though I didn't have quite the gumption for a hard playthrough.

Never did make it further than an hour or so in. Any advices?

Xenogear_0001 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Get the hunting skills ASAP, especially the AOE ones. They'll get you quicker AP boosts.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    30 hours in on P3 FES. I just want someone to reassure me that this game is going somewhere. I'm starting to really get tired of running around talking to random people at school, juggling relationships. And I've realized leveling up guys is pointless, because you'll just fuse a new one with the same skills that's five levels higher soon enough.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Well, you will eventually get ones with newer and better skills. And the plot does get better as time goes on, I think. The type of game isn't for everyone, though, so it's your call.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    It's just odd that, in the time it would have taken me to beat some other RPGs (or at least get much closer to the end), I'm just now getting Fire 2.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Persona 3 is a very, very long game, no denying that. 93 hours for me.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm starting up DDS soon. Or, rather, starting it again as I got massively derailed by SMT: Nocturne. Had to min-max that bitch out the gate. Though I didn't have quite the gumption for a hard playthrough.

Never did make it further than an hour or so in. Any advices?
    If you want to make Serph Magic, do 2 MAG:1 VIT

If you want to go Physical alternate 2 STR 1 VIT and 2 STR 1 MAG

If you want to do both, do 1:1:1 STR:VIT:MAG

Personally, I recommend the strength build, and picking up Power Charge and Insatiable (as well as the Hunt Passives like Iron Stomach and the AP Share) as quickly as possible. Then get Taunt on your other dudes.

Power Charge + Taunt + Pass + Insatiable with a strength build will wipe out everything not resistant to hunt skills in one turn.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    D'awww.
    cfd18a11c5369189950481c.jpg

Where is Persona 5 already? :(

• Options
    MattakuevanMattakuevan Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Waiting till the ps4 is announced if its anything like the boom on the ps2. The some of the best SMT games came out after the ps3 was announced.

Mattakuevan on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    It's going to be multi-console like Catherine was. It was essentially one elaborate tech demo.

Now tell me a Persona game running on that engine wouldn't be the best thing ever.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    MattakuevanMattakuevan Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    It would be great, but I'm worried that it wont live up to expectations.

They have access to an insane amount of resources and data storage this time around, so they should make social links actually affect the game's main storyline. I somehow doubt it, but I"m ever hopeful...

Mattakuevan on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I doubt that is a data storage thing so much as a time/money thing.

You can always easily put something on two discs if needed.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I hope P5 is nothing like 3 or 4. Half because I'm an old fart who wants everything to be like it was in the 90s, half because I get off on the delicious tears of angry nerds.

MarsDragon on
  • Options
    PureauthorPureauthor Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I wouldn't be surprised if P5 ends up on a handheld.

Meanwhile, where's P4P?

Pureauthor on
    SS FC: 1334 0950 5927
    Platinum FC: 2880 3245 5111