As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Boy: Meet World (and all things TGIF related)

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Jimothy wrote: »
    Sassori wrote: »
    I loved TGIF even though I knew the shows were terribly cheesy and silly.

Me too. Two of a Kind, Brother's Keeper, Sabrina. Sometimes even Teen Angel.

They were not good shows, but I couldn't stop watching them.

Wasn't Teen Angel the one about the kid who died from eating a sandwich he found under a bed? The thing I really remember about that episode was when the guy was talking about how attractive he found the Hanson siblings and then freaking out when he found out that they were boys.

Sassori on
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I don't really remember anything about Teen Angel. Just the vaguest idea.

Jimothy on
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The only thing I remember about Teen Angel is that it didn't last very long. Like, not even a full season.

I remember whenever we'd drive to visit my aunt and uncle in another state. My sisters and I used to get so mad we'd miss TGIF, so my cousins would record it for us and we'd watch it when we got there.

In hindsight, I'm surprised my parents didn't smother us for being douchey kids.

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I remember a bit of Teen Angel.

There were twins and they said things like

NICE PLAY, SHAKESPEARE.

SMOOTH MOVE, EX-LAX.

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    the best tgif lineup was family matters, boy meets world, step by step, and hangin with mr. cooper

just like the best disney afternoon lineup was ducktales, rescue rangers, talespin, and darkwing duck

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I want to say I remember Brother's Keeper pretty well. Didn't it have the kid from Home Alone 3? Or someone who looked like him. And he was friends with this little girls and her mom and his dad had all this sexual tension and the dad lived with his brother for some reason.

In retrospect, it might have been the 90's version of 2 1/2 Men.
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    NICE PLAY, SHAKESPEARE.

I've got to start using that.

Jimothy on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    lostwords is a wise man.

Thought a TGIF all star lineup would be Perfect Strangers, Boy Meets World, Dinosaurs, and a tie between 8 Simple Rules and Hangin with Mr. Cooper.

Edit: I forgot about that Two of a Kind show with the Olsen twins and the hot redhead

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I love you lostwords.

Oh! Dinosaurs! I remember that...Fantastic!

And I loved the theme song for Ducktales...Do you remember Tailspin?

Sassori on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    8 Simple Rules? Really?

Jimothy on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I do love John Ritter. I wasn't in love with the show but he was always fantastic.

It was really sad when he died.

Sassori on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    8 Simple Rules was actually a pretty good show before John Ritter died.

Actually the episodes after he died were nice too. The early episodes made me laugh out loud a few times.

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    It got a little complicated and weird the longer the show went on after his death though.

Sassori on
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The best thing about TGIF was the Saturday morning preview.

mcp on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Yeah the ones immediately after with the family coping with Paul's death were the nice ones. When David Spade and James Garner started having wacky adventures is when I realized the show needed to end.

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    my parents didn't let me watch Boy Meets World for a while after Topanga got hot and she and Cory were having heavy makeouts

my parents used to be like that

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I think the only thing my parents tried to stop me from watching was Ren & Stimpy and South Park.

I remember watching my first episode of South Park in fifth grade when I was over at someone else's house.

I was such a rebel.

Sassori on
  • Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I censored myself as a kid. I would end friendships if they mentioned liking something that was not to be liked. Such as rock music

then my oldest brother listened to guano apes one day and I was like b-but...he isn't evil how can this be?! It changed me! No longer is shania twain the hardest music I own. No longer is will smith gettin jiggy with it the most gangster track there is

Wimble on
    4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I think the only thing my parents tried to stop me from watching was Ren & Stimpy and South Park.

I remember watching my first episode of South Park in fifth grade when I was over at someone else's house.

I was such a rebel.

These two and Simpsons.

I'm not sure whether they are aware of how much South Park I've watched by now.

Jimothy on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

I was such a rebel.

These two and Simpsons.

I'm not sure whether they are aware of how much South Park I've watched by now.

My father would watch The Simpsons with us.

My mother has never seen an episode.

Sassori on
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Although not part of TGIF, I enjoyed watching Joan of Arcadia on Friday nights. The first season was really good, but the second season got kinda weird.

Junior year of college, I remember getting back to my room after classes around noon, thinking "Alright, grab something quick to eat, watch a little TV, then get shit done" only to find out that there was a Joan of Arcadia marathon on Sci-Fi (Now Syphi). No shit got done that afternoon.

Peccavi on
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I watched a lot of TV growing up.
    I loved me some Early Edition.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Sabrina the Teenaged Witch was the best part of TGIF for me.

Salem I lub you.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    It's weird seeing Sabrina now on television when I'm channel surfing.

Salem looks super creepy to me as an adult.

Sassori on
  • Options
    BorommakotBorommakot Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Sabrina and Topanga introduced to me to a lot funny feelings as a young child.

Borommakot on
  • Options
    DamnItCohaagenDamnItCohaagen Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Wimble wrote: »
    I censored myself as a kid. I would end friendships if they mentioned liking something that was not to be liked. Such as rock music

then my oldest brother listened to guano apes one day and I was like b-but...he isn't evil how can this be?! It changed me! No longer is shania twain the hardest music I own. No longer is will smith gettin jiggy with it the most gangster track there is

Sorry, but gettin jiggy with it is still the most gangster track there is
    Stone Fuckin' Cold

DamnItCohaagen on
  • Options
    CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I crushed on melissa joan hart way more when she was clarissa than sabrina

That or my dislike of the show outweighed my liking of her in sabrina

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    Does anyone remember whose friend banged Topanga? I've been thinking about this since yesterday and I cannot think of it.
    i'm REALLY interested in this as well because when i call my friend i want to tell him that he only got to make out with her while some guy on the internet named "somefuckingthing" got to fuck her

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Crashmo wrote: »
    I crushed on melissa joan hart way more when she was clarissa than sabrina

That or my dislike of the show outweighed my liking of her in sabrina

I loved Clarissa explains it all. Good show.

I wanted to have a friend with a ladder who would come hang out with me. All I ever got was old men in rickety vans that kept promising me their candy.

Sassori on
  • Options
    CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Sabrina was also one of my favourite shows. Hello, a cute pun making witch? Yes, that'll make me happy.

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited April 2011

Wasn't Teen Angel the one about the kid who died from eating a sandwich he found under a bed? The thing I really remember about that episode was when the guy was talking about how attractive he found the Hanson siblings and then freaking out when he found out that they were boys.

That was every show from 1997-1999

edit: with the Hanson joke

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Yeah, that sandwich thing wasn't making any sense.

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited April 2011
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Keith wrote: »

That was every show from 1997-1999

edit: with the Hanson joke

Every show should have people dying from food they found under someone's bed.

More people need to know about the dangers of this.

Sassori on
  • Options
    SnorkSnork word Jamaica Plain, MARegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    my girlfriend and I totally saw Will Friedle at the mall one time. this is my coolest boy meets world story, aside from the fact that i am totally pumped this thread exists

Snork on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    GIS tells me I would've hit the Handson siblings.

Yup.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    i hope you checked the date on those photos, because when mmmbop was popular they were 17, 14, and 12

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Keith wrote: »
    i hope you checked the date on those photos, because when mmmbop was popular they were 17, 14, and 12

when mmmbop was out VI was probably underage as well

AND THAT MAKES IT OKAY

Brolo on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I was actually thinking wait I have no idea how old they are...

Addendum: I would've hit the Hanson siblings if they were of legal age at the time the pictures were taken.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I was actually thinking wait I have no idea how old they are...

Addendum: I would've hit the Hanson siblings if they were of legal age at the time the pictures were taken.

Haha

Oh VI...You rascal.

Sassori on
  • Options
    feebsiclefeebsicle a feebs Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I am in tinychat for friday. This is how I am spending my evening. YAAAYY!

feebsicle on