Options

Super Meat Boy Not Quite Himself

Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
edited April 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
I kinda feel like a dork posting this but whenever I boot up Super Meat Boy on my PC through Steam, he isn't quite himself. Instead of a bight red gob of meat that leaves meat trails as he frolics about, I have a brown somewhat depressing looking meatball type character. This other meat boy still plays the same save for he doesn't have the meat trails. I tried looking up if there was a way to toggle this but it doesn't appear so. Other characters appear just fine.

Anyone else notice/experience something like this? I'll try and grab a screenshot if it will let me. Every time I try, I get a blank window.

Lucky Cynic on

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    http://valvearg.info/wiki/Valve_ARG_Wiki
    Super Meat Boy

April 1 2011 Update News
    Patch Notes
    -- Bugs
    -- Difficulty decreased on harder levels
    -- Better Ammo (what the hell does that mean?)
    -- Happy #PotatoFoolsDay
    Super Meat Boy is now Super Potato Boy and looks like a like a potato Another image
    Super Potato Boy is afraid of girls. He shivers in fear when he touches bandage girl (finishes a stage).
    The game also received a new world called Super Meat World, which allows users to download level packs. The top one is called Super Potato Boy and its levels form the following sentence: Data issued teases due to kid hair aroma.
    Odd glyph located inside game
    The glyph zoomed in and the glyph upside down.
    Binary in the background of the new levels (This background has been present in the XBLA version for a long time.)
    World 6 "The End" now crashes on load (confirmed on Steam Forums) Possibly contributed to buggy release of the rest of SMW.

It's important to note that Team Meat has been publicly working on this update for a while. I wouldn't be surprised if a majority of the content was completely unrelated to #PotatoFoolsDay.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Oh, I just thought it'd be a one day thing with the Potato Boy.

Thanks for the prompt reply. Case closed.

Lucky Cynic on