As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Can't drag n' drop files into Vegas 9.0 anymore.

SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG!Registered User regular
edited April 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
Hello everyone.

I've been using Sony Vegas Pro 9.0 for quite some time, and I've never had any trouble at all dragging and dropping video, image or audio files into it, however ever since I formatted my computer and then installed Vegas again, now it's impossible to do this.

Vegas will not let me drag n' drop any type of file, I have to manually add each file. This has become incredibly annoying. What is causing this?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Oh great I just solved it myself.

Program was running with administrator rights. This apparently breaks drag 'n drop.

I guess this can stay for posterity in Google results for someone in the future. Can be locked, sorry.

Satsumomo on

• KotenkKotenk Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I was just about to suggest to run WITH administrator... who would have guessed WITHOUT was the solution.

Kotenk on
  • finalflight89finalflight89 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Yeah, Windows won't allow you to drag from something running with non-administrator rights to one with administrator rights. I don't believe I've ever tried the reverse, though.

finalflight89 on