As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tier 3 Gun Puppies:The Legend of Bullet Helda.[Spiral Knights]

• Options
    texasheattexasheat Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Yea, you can kill em...but only for a little bit. If you manage to corner one, he just teleports away. There's no way to keep them down long enough to do anything useful. By the time you one or two of them down, while working on the third, the first one comes back! I hate graveyards so much!!!!

texasheat on
  • Options
    YannYann Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Is the guild named Clawshrimp? I just ran into a guy in that. My nick is Gambino if you wanna invite me.

Yann on
  • Options
    carmofincarmofin Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    i would highly recommend to start off by soloing on tier 1.
    theres just no reason to be in a team, you will only lose mats.
    however, from tier 2 onwards and especially in tier 3, you will always want to have a team around, simply because cheap random deaths are around every corner and you dont want to waste crystals on reviving. you CAN solo tier 2 and 3 too, but you are also painfully slow since you have to play very carefully. i wouldnt recommend doing it unless youre really only looking for materials.

carmofin on
    PSN | Steam
    ___
    NNID: carmofin
    3DS: 2852 6971 9745
    Throw me a PM if you add me
  • Options
    olliedagolliedag Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    word of advice to anyone with 10 grim sparks spare right now, go to the token trader and buy a trojan horseshoe off him for 10 grim sparks.

Those things sell for 20-40k, well worth the token cost.

olliedag on
  • Options
    texasheattexasheat Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    olliedag wrote: »
    word of advice to anyone with 10 grim sparks spare right now, go to the token trader and buy a trojan horseshoe off him for 10 grim sparks.

Those things sell for 20-40k, well worth the token cost.

Not anymore...you just flooded the market...lol

texasheat on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Yey for market flooding!

olliedag on
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Anyone have a Plague Essence? Having a heck of a time trying to find one and i'm short the grim sparks to pick one up.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Just reached Haven on my little red knight Zoidberg.

I'm guessing there isn't servers as such? More like Monster Hunter where you have "instanced" cities and meet up via the chat / guild system?

John Zoidberg on
    Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • Options
    EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Yeah it's just the instanced Haven city for meeting up and trading, and then the clockworks for adventuring.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Options
    YannYann Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Latency issues really kill this game...

Yann on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Yann wrote: »
    Latency issues really kill this game...

Oh god I rage so hard at them.

"Oh hey, this enemy will attack in a second, better put my shield up!"
    *puts up shield*
    *enemy attacks*
    *I take full damage as if my shield wasn't even up*
    "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-"

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    Crotchless Gorilla SuitCrotchless Gorilla Suit Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Was someone looking for a recipe for the Prismatech Alchemer mk. II?

I picked one up and will be on again in a little while if someone needs it.

Crotchless Gorilla Suit on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    okay so i tested something about material today.
    i played the exact same tier 3 run solo and with a group of four. the amount of material drops was more or less the same, however, the quality seemes to be directly related to the number of players. when i was alone, i got one 5* material. in the group, everyone got one 5* material, which also leads me to believe that the game tries to shift materials to people while considering their quality.
    in any case, there seems to be no substantial gain in soloing on tier 3, which is kind of a relief.

carmofin on
    PSN | Steam
    ___
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Well, to be fair you did two runs. That is hardly enough information to make anything resembling a reliable extrapolation.

Scosglen on
  • Options
    LehmanLehman Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Hey guys I have been playing this for the past couple days and have had a blast. I thought I made a post asking to be invited to the guild but I can't seem to find it anywhere so if someone could invite me that would be great. Draggan is my ign.

Also I have heaps of extra materials as there's no easy way of selling anything at the moment so if anyone needs anything specific let me know and I'd be happy to help you out. I am looking for the firotech/cryotech alchemer mkii recipes as well and if anyone picks them up during a run Ill pay you the market price for them so u can make some crowns as well.

Lehman on
    Xbox Live: LehmanCM
    SteamID: steamcommunity.com/id/lehmancm/
    BnS: Draggan (Server:Poharan)
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Scosglen wrote: »
    Well, to be fair you did two runs. That is hardly enough information to make anything resembling a reliable extrapolation.

i did several solo runs, every time getting either 1 or none 5* material.
    4 of them in one session is a statistical anomaly relevant enough to draw that conclusion, at least for me.

carmofin on
    PSN | Steam
    ___
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Hey, thanks to whomever it was that sold me that wolver coat recipe (I think it was Garfor but I'm not certain). With it I was able to help some friends out and that just seems really cool to me. (being able to continue to craft whatever particular item I mean)

Also, I can't seem to find a 2* gun I like yet. I think I had the first freezing alchemer gun and it was too slow for me and now I have the autogun and I don't like that I have to stop moving to fire it. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    RhapsodyRhapsody Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I've heard good things about the standard Blaster, though I'm giving up guns altogether because aiming with a gamepad sucks incredibad.

Rhapsody on
  • Options
    RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm looking for the recipes for the fiery vaporizer and fiery vaporizer MK II. If anyone sees them, feel free to buy them and I will pay you back in game. Post here if you do, though. I don't want to have to pay like four people for them >_>

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Rhapsody wrote: »
    I've heard good things about the standard Blaster, though I'm giving up guns altogether because aiming with a gamepad sucks incredibad.

I just gave up on controllers and used kbam which seems to work much better.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    kbam?

Xaquin on
  • Options
    TallweirdoTallweirdo Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Xaquin wrote: »
    kbam?

Keyboard and Mouse.

Tallweirdo on
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    oh god

I swear I really do belong here

Xaquin on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    We're on to you

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    sigmachievsigmachiev Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    What happens when I get the ***** equipment I want? Game over?

sigmachiev on
    SMASH CODE: 4768-7151-3741
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Seems like it

chocobolicious on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Yeah I'm wondering how they are going to expand the game.

But it's not like getting to 5* isn't a whole lot of game hours.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I have a feeling that sooner or later they'll give the game a greater expansion or something, possibly travelling to other clockwork worlds and getting higher * equipment.

Or they may leave it as it is and say 'try crafting all the armors! it's fun! we promise!' but who knows.

olliedag on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I'd like to see some sort of PVP arena, perhaps a normal one where you bring your own gear and another where everyone is forced to use the same equipment (though given a small selection of weapons to choose from, like 1 or 2 blades, 1 or 2 guns, 1 or 2 bombs, etc.) Then the devs could host tournaments and give out small cash and/or energy prizes to the victor(s), and the players could also perhaps run their own tournaments, perhaps handing out their own cash and/or energy prizes. I know it's not very likely to happen but a man can dream. :D

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    LehmanLehman Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Still looking for a guild invite please and i got tons of materials id be happy to unload for free to PA'ers. IGN is Draggan

Lehman on
    Xbox Live: LehmanCM
    SteamID: steamcommunity.com/id/lehmancm/
    BnS: Draggan (Server:Poharan)
  • Options
    aunsophaunsoph Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    About the endgame...

Yes, right now once you hit The Core it's game over. Although you do have a boss to look forward to mastering: Lord Vanaduke. Definitely not a walk in the park from what I've heard, especially when compared to Royal Jelly. The Firestorm Citadel levels I've done are also way harder than the Jelly Palace ones.

Now if you've gotten to The Core, and talked to the NPCs, they flat out tell you that they're trying to find a way inside, to reestablish contact with Alpha Team, the Spiral Knights' cream of the crop operatives. So with that in mind, Three Rings obviously has plans for more content. I foresee The Core being host to at least T4, if not more. If the heart of The Core can operate as a gateway to alternate dimensions, then it's easy to justify infinite possibilities for future stratum.

It might take a while, (I don't think they expected people to blow through the content they started out with in less than a month.) but Three Rings isn't dumb. They're looking at how popular the game got in such a short amount of time, and will definitely milk this baby hardcore.

Also, a PvP arena is in the works, or so I've heard.

aunsoph on
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Personally, what I want is some kind of story campaign. In the tutorial level there is this one moment where the camera pans up and reveals a view to below as you're walking across an earthen bridge. It's really nice and is replicated nowhere else in the entire game. It makes me want some levels that can be more tightly scripted and cinematic, with some kind of story.

Or, really, anything to change up the kind of repetitive sort-of-random-but-really-you've-seen-this-level-100-times gate system.

Scosglen on
  • Options
    kfroosterkfrooster Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Hmm, that'd be nice. I think that would probably be something we see down the road. But that could simply be wishful thinking on my part.

Also, does anyone have any info pertaining to Magikat Hat? The stats and looks pique my interest but the Wiki article has barely no information on it.

Last question is, now that I've obtained my T2, is there a particular armor set I should be looking for in T3?

kfrooster on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2011
    I just got to the rescue camp with a character named Tachycardia.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    aunsoph wrote: »

It existed in beta. It's the empty platform on the left side of the arcade.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2011
    Is Green Lantern anyone from here?

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    aunsoph wrote: »

It existed in beta. It's the empty platform on the left side of the arcade.

Do you know how it worked? Was it similar to anything in my post on the last page?

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    kfrooster wrote: »
    Hmm, that'd be nice. I think that would probably be something we see down the road. But that could simply be wishful thinking on my part.

Also, does anyone have any info pertaining to Magikat Hat? The stats and looks pique my interest but the Wiki article has barely no information on it.

Last question is, now that I've obtained my T2, is there a particular armor set I should be looking for in T3?

Looks like it has enough information:
    "This item is a rare box drop."

Items do actually drop from those green and red treasure boxes. Just incredibly infrequently. Then I would imagine the chance of getting the Magikat Hat is again incredibly rare on top of that.

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    kfroosterkfrooster Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Oh okay, I was reading deeper into it. I figured there were "rare boxes" within the game. Which made me wonder what sort of requirements were needed to get to these rare boxes. But no, it's simple a rare item that those boxes drop. I gotcha.

kfrooster on
  • Options
    RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I thought the Magikat hat dropped from the rare Kat spawn as well, or did I just hallucinate seeing that on the wiki?

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm