Options

STEλM

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Icemopper wrote: »
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Actually, if I get to keep my golden potato that would honestly be enough for me.

Yep. It's like having the platinum badge from TF2 - a badge of honor. It tells myself and the world that I was here in the beginning!

I just hope it stays there, along with the rows of beautiful potatoes!

I'm not gonna lie, I may or may not have pushed far enough into Portal 2 to snag a couple of achievements in part so I could say that I was in as early as I could be.

Though "holy shit it's only 12:30 and I'm playing and it's hillarious and oh shit it's 1:30 and I have to be up for work in 6 hours noooooooooo!" was pretty much how my evening ended. But for that hour, it was glorious. Edit: well, 45 min or whatever it was once I finished the agonizing decryption process.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Ha ha ha Steam! I've beat you this time, tempting me with your midweek madness deal on Grotesque Tactics! The joke's on you, because I already bought the game on an earlier sale many months ago and have yet to play it, so ha ha!! Ha....ha......oh. :?

DoctorArch on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2011
    Thanks to the ARG, I found that Killing Floor had a lot of nice content added to it since I last played.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Yeah grotesque tactics is really fucking bad

Don't buy that shit

Just play xcom or silent storm again.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    oh I was just about to ask about it because stuff with the word 'tactics' tends to be my kind of thing

Jars on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Just one last mention of it: Golden potato extra copies have been given out. Including Portal 2.

Peewi on
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So I finally decided to load up this Grotesque Tactics game (I bought it as an indie deal of the day back during christmas, I believe.) and... its pretty bad. Not unplayable bad, but pretty close. It just feels very highschool amateurish.

chocobolicious on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Emphasis on the grotesque, apparently.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Peewi wrote: »
    Just one last mention of it: Golden potato extra copies have been given out. Including Portal 2.

dayummmmm

you could sell those for quite a bit.

Anyone have counter strike: condition zero double? Apparently it's the only valve title I miss. I thought I only missed DoD: Source before (which is why i got it during the $2 sale) but alas now it is not complete!

Alegis on
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Valve did what now? I haven't been following the thread lately. I read about the whole potato unlocking early shenanigans, but...what happened? Or should I fish back through the thread when I get home (not even trying on my phone...)?

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

This is super rad of them, but can people confirm that they also got an extra copy of Portal 2?

I'm seeing extra copies of the other Valve games, but no Portal 2 extra copy.

EDIT: Actually, for some reason I have two extra copies of L4D1, but no extra copy of L4D2 also

Maddoc on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Maddoc wrote: »

This is super rad of them, but can people confirm that they also got an extra copy of Portal 2?

I'm seeing extra copies of the other Valve games, but no Portal 2 extra copy.

EDIT: Actually, for some reason I have two extra copies of L4D1, but no extra copy of L4D2 also

I had to restart an extra time before it showed up, but I do have an extra Portal 2.

For some reason the leftovers from the Orange Box is listed as "Episode 1", but the recently added as "Episode One". Just a funny inconsistency.

Peewi on
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Burning through the backlog right now. Playing Bully (nice game actually, way better than I expected) and afterwards... maybe Bioshock 2. Or Amnesia, if I dare.
    I won't dare.

(All this Portal 2 talk makes me want to play it, but I hope I'm able to resist it until a summer sale or something.)

Drovek on
    steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Yeah, I restarted again and they showed up.

Incidentally, because of the method they originally used, I now have two extra copies of L4D1 and Ep1

Maddoc on
  • Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Drovek wrote: »
    (All this Portal 2 talk makes me want to play it, but I hope I'm able to resist it until a summer sale or something.)

Yeah, same here. I'd love to play it now, but I should really try to hold off until a sale for the sake of our budget.

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Honestly, Grotesque tactics COULD have been much better. But I find the writing too cringe worthy to keep going, and the game CHUGS for something that honestly doesn't look that spectacular. Even with all the settings on low.

Also on high it's got RIDICULOUS amounts of bloom.

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Drovek wrote: »

Yeah, same here. I'd love to play it now, but I should really try to hold off until a sale for the sake of our budget.

That's what I'm doing too. I overdid it a little on last week's sales too; thought I had a little more to spare than I actually did. Need to be good.

Jazz on
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Oh man, icemopper is fucking amazing. Super gentleman for trying to gift me Portal 2. It didn't work sadly, but the intent was there. Generosity must not go unrewarded!

Big Classy on
  • Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    HOLY COW! Maddoc just sent me a gift copy of Portal 2. Incredibly psyched and very grateful.

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So... Backloggery isn't accepting new users. Anyone know any good alternatives?

Blurbl on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    If there are any spare copies of portal 2 going I'd draw a picture of a cake in exchange for one.

LewieP on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Lewie, 2 pack Portal perchance?

Big Classy on
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I will draw a picture of Lewie drawing a picture of a cake for one.

Checkmate.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    It's nice to see most of you rocking the Portal 2 in my friends list. You guys go ahead and think with Portals.

I'm thinking with Balls. I'm delighted that the game keeps track of how many monkeys I've crushed. That's the best thing.

Drake on
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Oh Gods, if this is any indication, the Steam thread at Christmas should be interesting.

I called the significant other, and my PS3 copy of Portal 2 is waiting for me at home. Squeeeee!!!!!

DoctorArch on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Big Isy wrote: »

I'm being impatient really, I have it ordered (splitting a PS3 copy with my Mum) but I guess she could have the PC version too then.

It's not going to be with me until Thursday at the earliest though.

LewieP on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Drake wrote: »
    It's nice to see most of you rocking the Portal 2 in my friends list. You guys go ahead and think with Portals.

I'm thinking with Balls. I'm delighted that the game keeps track of how many monkeys I've crushed. That's the best thing.

It's definitely one of the games from the Potato Sack that I'm keeping installed.

I just wish I had preordered it, especially now that I know it's a pretty fun game.

That Killing Floor skin, it haunts me

Maddoc on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Sitting here at work and seeing that my copy of Portal 2 has been delivered at home about 2 hours ago. Maybe I'll fire it up ever-so-briefly tonight just to link it to my Steam account and, oh I dunno, maybe play through the introduction area or something.

I still wish the PS3 and PC saves were transferable.

SteevL on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    LewieP wrote: »

I'm being impatient really, I have it ordered (splitting a PS3 copy with my Mum) but I guess she could have the PC version too then.

It's not going to be with me until Thursday at the earliest though.

Its cool, I'll keep clutching at those straws. Someone must want in on a 2 pack.

Big Classy on
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So during the whole Potato sack thing, they said that purchasing the sack or owning all the games will net you a Portal co-op skin. Any idea when that'll drop?

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I can confirm I got an extra copy of Portal 2. And a WHOOOOLE lot of other games to gift. HURRAY! That's so damn cool.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    ColorlessGreenColorlessGreen Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I can confirm I got an extra copy of Portal 2. And a WHOOOOLE lot of other games to gift. HURRAY! That's so damn cool.

Dear Valve,

I serve the Newell.

Love, CG

ColorlessGreen on
    Hearthstone (NA, EU, Asia): Ceegee#1473 - spectators welcome.
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Also BigIsy is awesome and gifted me Poker Night for failing to gift him Portal 2.

What a jerk.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Also BigIsy is awesome and gifted me Poker Night for failing to gift him Portal 2.

What a jerk.

HAHA! And so it continues! Icemopper just gifted me Portal 2 after I gifted him Poker Night after he couldn't gift me Portal 2 (PS3 version).

Basically, we got there in the end! I am speechless. Thanks a massive bunch. I'll fall perpetually for you.

Big Classy on
  • Options
    Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Awesome people in this thread gifting awesome shit. Awesome.

My desire to play Portal 2 at this point is a little crazy. But my damn graphics card is broken and by the time I get my new build I probably shoulden't be spending money on new games. So yeah, summer sale ahoy!

Foolish Chaos on
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm so confused right now. And it makes me wish it was the thanksgiving/Christmas sale shenanigans all over again. I love buying loads of stuff to gift.

Maybe I should start saving now...

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

What a jerk.

HAHA! And so it continues! Icemopper just gifted me Portal 2 after I gifted him Poker Night after he couldn't gift me Portal 2 (PS3 version).

Basically, we got there in the end! I am speechless. Thanks a massive bunch. I'll fall perpetually for you.

Really, what else am I going to do with extra Portals? Have fun!

Icemopper on
  • Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    If there are any spare copies of portal 2 going I'd draw a picture of a cake in exchange for one.

This is the Steam thread. Somebody better be running a contest or three for their spare copies.

143999 on
    8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So, I was psyched about Portal 2.....and then I saw the cash store for hats that only one other person can see. Something in my brain broke, after how that nonsense made TF2 a glorified chatroom instead of a place where we actually shoot people, seeing content being withheld just....rubs me the wrong way. Yeah, I'm weird, but it's the same thing with League of Legends, if I have to pay over a 100 bucks after the fact just to fill my roster, why bother?

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    143999 wrote: »

This is the Steam thread. Somebody better be running a contest or three for their spare copies.

I've not been following the arg that closely, but it seems like copies are being thrown around all over the place, haven't loads of people been given gift copies?

LewieP on