As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This thread is tighter than the pants on Will-I-Am

• Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    my favorite thing about nardwuar is how he's obviously become more and more of a guy to know for rappers. it used to be that everyone was confused by the doot doo at the end, but they've all been on point lately. plus they're more prepared for the freeze.

with all his presents, it's gotta be exciting to find out nardwuar wants to interview you.

• Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    I would be so hyped if nardwuar wanted to interview me

dude, gifts all super relevant to shit I legitimately like so much that I've forgotten that I like them? yes please

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    .Tripwire..Tripwire. Firman Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Oh man hey dudes and ladies! I love rap. I love it so much that I draw for a lot of underground emcees and producers. Here's a track I've been digging off of an entire debut album of dope, old school boom bap. Called Illin' Spree by Epidemic, a duo consisting of Hex-One and Tek-Nition (production by 5th Element)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuOVGkq4-r4

They're young, I look forward to seeing them grow!

Edit: also it's the first time I've heard "Mandelbox" rhymed in a song

.Tripwire. on
    sigi_moe.pngsigi_deviantart.pngsigi_twitter.pngsigi_steam.pngsigi_tumblr.png
  • Options
    FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    Futore wrote: »
    http://pitchfork.com/features/articles/8793-we-invented-swag/

this piece about queer rappers is pretty interesting. i've always been fascinated by ny ball culture, and also i like the discussion of the pat on the head rappers get for not just being overtly homophobic. plus the embedded track at the end by LE1F is great, can't wait to hear that full-length.

thanks for posting this. never would have seen it, otherwise and it's pretty great.

while this is a topic I've talked about and been interested in a good amount and I agree with a good amount of what these rappers are saying in here, I'm not as in favor of putting down people like ASAP.

It's definitely not ideal where his attitude is right now, but you can definitely tell that that dude has made some strides from where he was and i think he's still learning a lot and open to learning more. and that's something I can respect

i feel you. i definitely respect ASAP for growing as a person, but i think he's emblematic of how far we have to go. i mean, in the course of calling out homophobia in rap, he ended up calling it retarded. not much better use of words, really.

Yes exactly. But I think it will come. For him and hip hop as a whole. Maybe.

What we just have to wait for now is Jay to have an actual sit down with his best buddy kanye about misogyny and why he has come to realize that it's not okay

ETqXK.png
  • Options
    Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    Staleghoti wrote: »
    Honestly this is really great

TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    Also until I hear enough from Earl, Domo is easily the best in the group

TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Domo and Mike

fusion dance to make MC Pimp Smoke

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I assume that track is the Guinness World Record for the most words said in 3 minutes.

• Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    Blue Chips is pretty fucking great, you guys.

• Options
    Curren$y suing Dame Dash for 1.5 mil

What with Curren$y being known for getting screwed over and Dame known for being a fuckhead I'm going to have to side with Curren$y on this one

TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    from the comments on that article

"your mother gargles peanut butter and eats boulders….go teabag a bear trap hatin ass"

• Options
    MateyMatey see, look how sad i am now give me your wallet.Registered User regular
    New Mac Miller is an interesting listen

Not sure if it's "good"

But interesting

• Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    Angry wrote: »

Well, no. No, I can't.

• Options
    MateyMatey see, look how sad i am now give me your wallet.Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    new Slum Village mixtape is out

Matey on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    Also until I hear enough from Earl, Domo is easily the best in the group

man, that oldie verse though

shiiiiit.

• Options
    Matey wrote: »
    New Mac Miller is an interesting listen

Not sure if it's "good"

But interesting
    Lucky Ass Bitch owns

But that might just be because Juicy J owns

TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    I was listening to Blue Dream again the other day.

I'm trippin'. I'm trippin'. I'm trippin'. I'm trippin'. I'm trippin'. I'm trippin'. I'm trippin'. I'm trippin'. I'm trippin'. I'm trippin'.

• Options
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    Blue Chips is pretty fucking great, you guys.

yeah

yeah

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UbzORbFQ9M

heard this on turntable. it's ill

• Options
    FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    that fucking album art

ETqXK.png
  • Options
    AotP is pretty dope overall

haven't copped their latest album but their first two were nice

• Options
    edited March 2012
    aotp are great as long as esoteric doesn't have a verse.

so, everyone needs to pick up the triple release of Block Brochure from E-40. i love these albums soo much.

here's a ridiculous kendrick verse to sway you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5rr9JxApSo

Angry on
  • Options
    e-40 has been on some lil b shit lately

that makes 7 full lengths in 3 years

• Options
    I don't know if I like e-40 enough to do 3 albums straight like that

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
  • Options
  • Options
    Hey so I'm going to an odd future concert on the 9th

what are my chances of dying?

TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I'm excited/scared

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    .Tripwire..Tripwire. Firman Registered User regular
    Whoa whoa wait a second Esoteric is great. I've loved his feats on AotP and Demigodz shit. I'm probably into Jus the least out of that supergroup, since his lyrics seem to usually be "I am the _____, I am _______, I am _______, I am the _________". Like those blanks would just be single words. He keeps saying I ams like a talking cat, or that's the impression I got anyways.

sigi_moe.pngsigi_deviantart.pngsigi_twitter.pngsigi_steam.pngsigi_tumblr.png
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARNS2h6UFSo

It had been a tie between Samiyam/Knxwledge, but now I think Dibia$e has become my favorite experimental hip-hop artist.

Xehalus on
  • Options
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Those tracks are pretty great, though I still see the name Slum Village and start missing J Dilla again.

Xehalus on
  • Options
    It's a surprisingly good mixtape

In that I'm surprised they put anything like this together without J Dilla/Baatin/Elzhi

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Hey so I'm going to an odd future concert on the 9th

what are my chances of dying?

i've seen OF 3 times, none of them within the past year, and shit was already getting a little intense for me. those shows made me feel old. i can only assume it's even crazier now.

daily reminder that 9-24-11 by action bronson is one of the best songs so far this year, if not THE best

satansfingers on
  • Options

god DAMN im all about this. summer anthem

• Options
  • Options
    you know I really try to stay away from hype and shit with artists

but kendrick, man

guy is a fucking beast