As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

More Netbook Issues - Help!

IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
So a couple weeks ago, I was having problems getting my Netbook to charge. I figured it was the internal connector that had come loose, so I ordered a replacement, along with a replacement power cord just to be sure (plus it was only a dollar).

Last night, I installed the new power connector, and I was fairly certain I had done a good job of it. The only issue I had was a screw that had been previously stripped and would not come out. I put a fair amount of pressure on it (location is in the middle of the back of the netbook, right above the RAM compartment) and eventually got it out.

After I put everything back together, I plugged the power cord back in, and got a charging light to flash on and off, meaning the netbook was charging! I was excited, but figured I'd let it come to a full charge overnight, so I left it. When I came back this morning, it was still flashing for 'charging,' but it soon stayed on to signify a full charge. So I hit the power button.

Nothing. Well... one of the green lights that says wifi or something (it wasn't wifi) flashed, but nothing happened. Absolutely nothing came on or happened.

I tried it without the battery plugged in, but I only got a very faint buzzing sound...

Any ideas? This is an Acer Aspire One D250, by the way.

Icemopper on