As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Capcom's [Dragon's Dogma] - POST IN NEW THREAD

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    EVOL wrote: »
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Oh, has anyone seen the character creator yet? Can I make a fat, old woman?

YES WE CAN

FUCKING AWESOME

Crazy old witch woman, here I come. FINALLY

• Options
    Lilnoobs wrote: »
    Allforce wrote: »
    Ok then, how about:

D. First game where the ending is paid DLC (besides Mass Effect 3)

E. Gold/Plus subscription required to be a Ranger (SIlver for other classes)

F. Only download Pawns from Friends

Asura's Wrath (another Capcom game) already beat both of them to the punch.

http://videogamewriters.com/asuras-wrath-dlc-to-include-true-ending-street-fighter-crossover-battles-42971
    The next piece of DLC will undoubtedly be a little more controversial: it consists of four episodes, titled “Part IV: Nirvana,” and is being touted by Capcom as the “true” ending to Asura’s Wrath

Didn't the last Castlevania sort of do that too?

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Lords of Shadow concluded pretty definitively, but there was a post-credits sequel hook. The DLC just helped fill in the gaps between the ending and the epilogue. People generally liked the ending, the DLC reception was lukewarm.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Lords of Shadow is actually a really underrated title. The design work alone is to die for.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Lords of Shadow is actually a really underrated title. The design work alone is to die for.

yes this is a good opinion

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Speaking of a game I need to play again...

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    Dude, if this is actually true, it's amazing

http://www.capcom-europe.com/blog/2012/03/dragons-dogma-pawns-learn-organically-as-you-play/

That sounds almost too good to be true.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Re: Asura's wrath, the game its more like interactive anime anyway. Selling more episodes of an anime makes sense.

Its such a hokey game, I need to buy it when it goes on sale.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EVOLEVOL Registered User regular
    Slow Life in Dragon's Dogma. Unf.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NESLudfWkU

Can I inject this in my veins? Please? Now?

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    WTF?! This isn't coming out for two months!?

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    I like that that's a promo video for the game.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    Gotta be honest, I'm really tempted to pre-order from Capcom's website. I mean, you get a free customizable bobblehead thingy!

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I like that they openly admit fucking around and shooting things with arrows is the primary activity people playing these games engage in.

Im sort of curious about other dlc packs. Guts is cool but it seems like there's a metric ton of Capcom characters they could toss in.

Like Dante.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    I like that they openly admit fucking around and shooting things with arrows is the primary activity people playing these games engage in.

Im sort of curious about other dlc packs. Guts is cool but it seems like there's a metric ton of Capcom characters they could toss in.

Like Dante.

Knowing Capcpom, it'll probably DmC Dante trolololol

• Options
    RaziaRazia Sword and Shield Registered User regular

Like Dante.

I'd actually buy that. Would be a glorious troll.

blondeshep.jpg
  • Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    So, to sum up. We have a game developed by the DmC team, using assets and music talent from Monster Hunter...all to try to top games like Skyrim. Life is good man.

PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options

Like Dante.

And be on disc DLC for $10 months after the game came out.

Not that I really give a shit: The character creation options are robust as fuck. I don't need any costumes or set DLC characters or anything.

I am going to play a Strider who uses dual short swords (or daggers if I can't use short swords), with possibly a Mage pawn. I figure a mage pawn because it will be a popular choice in the rift and give me lots of free XP and stuff.

• Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Aegeri wrote: »

Like Dante.

And be on disc DLC for $10 months after the game came out.
    I'm tired of people saying this.

It will only be on-disc for the version of the game that isn't getting it at all. The version that is getting it will still require a patch down the line to make it go.

edit: Why does my signature say I've played 101 hours of Shrek: Forever After: The Video Game over the past two weeks? I have only played 99 hours of Shrek: Forever After: The Video Game over the past two weeks.

Also, what the fuck is Shrek: Forever After: The Video Game? I take it that it's a video game loosely associated with some Shrek franchise release called Forever After, and that it somehow wormed its way onto Steam? Since when does anyone bother porting their poorly thought out licensed games to the PC anyway?

edit 2: Now I have played Petz Catz 2 for 101 hours over the past 2 weeks. I feel that I have learned something about myself.

Monger on
  • Options
    LionEyezLionEyez Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    It's been a while since I've been this hyped about a game.

I think I even dreamt about it tonight. I was fighting a big creature, solo, and was constantly forced to back-flip out of the way of AoE attacks. The backdrop was a mountain range with the face of Richard Dean Anderson carved into it (I'm not sure what this says about me =/).

The way this game could still backfire for me personally is if the combat got really repetitive / grindy or turn out to be too easy or unrewarding. In the mean time I keep sending out all new videos to my non-forum going friends, hoping the game will be as great as it seems.

Word of mouth!

Monger wrote: »
    edit: Why does my signature say I've played 101 hours of Shrek: Forever After: The Video Game over the past two weeks? I have only played 99 hours of Shrek: Forever After: The Video Game over the past two weeks.

Also, what the fuck is Shrek: Forever After: The Video Game? I take it that it's a video game loosely associated with some Shrek franchise release called Forever After, and that it somehow wormed its way onto Steam? Since when does anyone bother porting their poorly thought out licensed games to the PC anyway?

edit 2: Now I have played Petz Catz 2 for 101 hours over the past 2 weeks. I feel that I have learned something about myself.

Wow, 101 hours of blade kitten now? Interesting!

EDIT: Oh..April Fools day. I'm slow :)

LionEyez on
  • Options
    I am going to make sure I give the guys at my local GAME (in Australia, not the doods facing oblivion in the UK) to mention this game to anyone who is a fan of action RPGs. I really want it to be successful based on these videos.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

Like Dante.

I'm actually pretty confident Capcom isn't stupid enough to let that thing out of the little corner of purgatory it inhabits.
    Twante didnt make it into MVC3 after all.

Though a class named Strider sort is screams for a specific character outfit. Like it has to be on purpose.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    The only acceptable thing for me to do in this game is make Frank West, and a Chuck Greene pawn, until they're made available as DLC.

faaaaaaaaaantastic!

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    Not sure how this is possible but I'm looking forward to this more than any other game this year now.

Progression video 4 if people haven't seen it yet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orUFEtRboS4

steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Yeah...

Definitely going Strider for my first playthrough.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    May 25th eh? I might be out of my D3 coma by then.

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    Next month!

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    I thought this game was coming out in June or something? Or are they going to be terrible people and release it in the US and then everywhere else (Like Australia) much later?

I will be so pissed if they do that.

• Options
    So this video has a pretty indepth view of the character creator. Looks deep as hell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UyOHSLtDDk&feature=related

• Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    The fact this isn't coming out on PC is fucking criminal.

why Capcom

why

• Options
    Seeing Capcom's track record, a PC version will likely be happening. The questions are when it will come out for PC, will the PC version support DLC, and here's the most important one: Will they'll be using that abomination GFWL or not.

• Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    Well, allow me to rephrase.

Why isn't it out on PC, and why isn't it out on PC now?

• Options
    MechMantis wrote: »
    Well, allow me to rephrase.

Why isn't it out on PC, and why isn't it out on PC now?

Touche. As for why, well, lol capcpom. Can't see the reasoning behind it myself.

• Options
    Don't capcom normally do PC ports after console releases? In any event, I am just really looking forward to this and I hope the demo comes out soon. I want to throw some piggies at villagers.

• Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Man I wish the dropping fruit from trees attracted animals.

Hide on a cliff, shoot some fruit down in the area below. Wait for a piggy to come and eat it then throw your buddy down onto the pig.

Best sport.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    Holy shit, this game...

I like how the only difference between "macho" and "ladylike" stances is wether or not your character is pidgeon-toed.

I also just realized that since I live in the Americas, I'll be playing this game on May 22nd! 8-)

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    Slow Life in Dragon's Dogma. Unf.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NESLudfWkU

Can I inject this in my veins? Please? Now?

Last night I went on the PSN to view any Dragon's Dogma videos they had up. It's kind of weird, because all the good videos are on youtube but the only ones PSN has seem to be these really overblown affairs that ARE ALL ABOUT THE AMAZING DRAGONS DOGMA that just fucking club you over the head with it and actually work against making the game look any good at all.

Really wanted to see some of these on the big screen.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    ooo that character creator. I didn't see if they had a bun hairstyle but I really just wanna make Mary Shaw in a game sometime.

i wuvs her
    Mary_Shaw_001.jpg

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    D:

• Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    ooo that character creator. I didn't see if they had a bun hairstyle but I really just wanna make Mary Shaw in a game sometime.

i wuvs her
    Mary_Shaw_001.jpg

holy fuck i jumped

• Options
    Well, that's why I put it in a spoiler. She is not everyone's taste! :rotate:

This discussion has been closed.