As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BATTLEFIELD 3] - Jets spotted (new trailer in the op)

• Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    mr_mich wrote:
    It's like, 800 half-priced handjobs.

800 in shape guys or 80 really fat guys.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    mr_michmr_mich Mmmmagic. MDRegistered User regular
    Or 8 REALLY REALLY fat guys.

• Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    Or 0.8 fattest guys!

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    If you can buy a PC for giving 80% of a handjob, do it. Just make sure it's the first 80%.

• Options
    orionminusorionminus Registered User regular
    Oh man I was totally assuming the worst on this one.

Like 'big black penises in my ass' stuff.

$800 is four months on my Amazon.com Associates commission.

Thanks for keeping my money (and butthole) safe.

• Options
    If you're giving a handy with your butthole, you're doing it wrong.

• Options
    edited August 2011
    That's called a butty.

This conversation is weird. Are we baked as fuck or something?

BF3 HYPE GODDAMNIT

I want to be a shotgunning ammo volcano!

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    You best calm down son

The game is not out yet for another two months. Yer shooting with the guns and all will have to wait

t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    How bout "BF2 BETA Hype!"?

• Options
    That's called a butty.

This conversation is weird. Are we baked as fuck or something?

BF3 HYPE GODDAMNIT

I want to be a shotgunning ammo volcano!

I'm just trying to pass the time...

I've ordered a 6850 to replace my old 8800gt...I'm on the hype bus for this. Got a free copy of deus ex to tide me over until this.

• Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Antithesis wrote:
    Anyone have any ideas why EA Online is disconnecting me every minute or less? I've disabled autologin, my username and password aren't remembered, I've verified the files with Steam, and tried deleting and redownloading the entire game just because, and still can't play for more than a minute before getting disconnected and told that 'the connection with EA online was lost.' Half the time, now, it does that to me at the server browser, too...

Lot of people seem to get this weird error. Best solution I've found so far is disabling UPnP on your router.

• Options
    HalfhandHalfhand a stalwart bastion of terrible ideas Registered User regular
    BF3 HYPE

fuck mw3 and anyone who reps that game

corio2.jpg
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    Satsumomo wrote:
    Antithesis wrote:
    Anyone have any ideas why EA Online is disconnecting me every minute or less? I've disabled autologin, my username and password aren't remembered, I've verified the files with Steam, and tried deleting and redownloading the entire game just because, and still can't play for more than a minute before getting disconnected and told that 'the connection with EA online was lost.' Half the time, now, it does that to me at the server browser, too...

Lot of people seem to get this weird error. Best solution I've found so far is disabling UPnP on your router.

That is going to break a lot of shit on your computer unless you know how to work around it. Just a heads up.

• Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    I've disabled it with no problems so far, what kind of stuff would break? Maybe I have weird issues I've learned to ignore and this could be the culprit!

• Options
    edited August 2011
    UPnP is a way for your router to know which ports are needed for games and other applications, so anything (Steam, games, voip, xbox, etc.) that needs to communicate on certain ports through your router may break.

mr_mich on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    So, according to this:
    http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3/1420640-early-access-open-beta-invites.html

The early access beta invites might be going out tomorrow...

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    Klyka wrote:
    So, according to this:
    http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3/1420640-early-access-open-beta-invites.html

The early access beta invites might be going out tomorrow...

But I just bought Red Orchestra 2 Deluxe so I could get into that beta. I can't handle this!

• Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    Man, I've been playing a bunch of BC2 since I got a new cpu. I hope BF3 runs decently on this rig. Game looks amazing.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    reggie.jpg

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Rizzi wrote:
    Man, I've been playing a bunch of BC2 since I got a new cpu. I hope BF3 runs decently on this rig. Game looks amazing.

If you can run BC2 on all high with 60fps you can expect BF3 on medium-high with 60fps.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    Apparently, the Beta rumors are just that...rumors :(

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    Klyka wrote:

I can't handle this. Just give us a date , DICE!

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    Halfhand wrote:
    BF3 HYPE

You can always play both games <3

t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Zzulu wrote:
    Halfhand wrote:
    BF3 HYPE

As a CoD fanboy, I can tell you that MW3 is going to be absolutely wrecked.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    Zzulu wrote:
    Halfhand wrote:
    BF3 HYPE

Well, apart from selling way way more than BF3 will. But yes, gameplay wise it will be wrecked.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    RobesRobes Registered User regular
    emp123 wrote:
    That_Guy wrote:
    Vi Monks wrote:
    That_Guy wrote:
    Robes wrote:
    So a gripe about EA's customer support. Last week when I found out about Origin's EULA, I talked to a CSR to cancel my BF3 preorder. He said sure and said it was taken care of. I talk to a different CSR today because I noticed that the order wasn't cancelled, and this one says the first one never actually cancelled my preorder. Yay~

I feel you on the EULA. I am torn about the game because of it. Torn enough not to preorder yet. I really want to play, but I am not interested in allowing Origin to index my hard drive and sell the personally identifiable information to advertisers. I only hope that the folks at EA comes to their fucking senses and revise that part. I don't even let steam perform their little hardware survey.

They already did: http://www.vg247.com/2011/08/26/origin-eula-revised-with-data-collection-for-marketing-purposes-nixed/

Edit: beaten.

That new EULA still have some dicey (pun intended) language. At least it sounds a little more in line with he Steam EULA.

Even with the change, I still kinda want to use that program that locks a program into a specific part of your hard drive and wont let it access other parts. But I totally forgot what its called and have no idea how to use it.

It is called sand something.

"Wait" he says... do I look like a waiter?
  • Options
    Klyka wrote:
    Zzulu wrote:
    Halfhand wrote:
    BF3 HYPE

Well, apart from selling way way more than BF3 will. But yes, gameplay wise it will be wrecked.

Not sure about this one. Black ops was one of the top selling games of like all time wasn't it? Which means a lot of people got to see first hand what is happening to the series. EA is doing a good job of pulling fans away from them as well.

I think people who buy MW3 will find that it is meh. Then, their friend will tell them how much they are enjoying BF3, so they will buy BF3.

Expect BF3 to get bro-ified (its a word!).

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Klyka wrote:

Nooo, my body!

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Robes wrote:
    Klyka wrote:
    Zzulu wrote:
    Halfhand wrote:
    BF3 HYPE

Not sure about this one. Black ops was one of the top selling games of like all time wasn't it? Which means a lot of people got to see first hand what is happening to the series. EA is doing a good job of pulling fans away from them as well.

I think people who buy MW3 will find that it is meh. Then, their friend will tell them how much they are enjoying BF3, so they will buy BF3.

Expect BF3 to get bro-ified (its a word!).

Sadly, that's not how it works and MW3 will probably (easily) break the sales record of BLOPS.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    We shall see!

• Options
    edited August 2011
    I have conducted some SCIENCE and my preliminary research shows me that Modern Warfare 3 will indeed outsell Battlefield 3 at first.

(I went in to see how many hits each reveal trailer had and Battlefield ends up at close to 8 million while MW3 got around 15 million hits. The hype is stronger for MW3 still. SCIENCE!)

Though to be fair the first BF3 videos were singleplayer stuff and the new Caspian Border vid already got over 3 million views in just 2 weeks so whoo knows

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    BF3 SHOULD sell more PC copies than MW3 though.

I know it is definitely selling MORE PCs. hahahaha

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    Klyka wrote:
    Rizzi wrote:

If you can run BC2 on all high with 60fps you can expect BF3 on medium-high with 60fps.
    Excellent.

• Options
    Rizzi wrote:
    Klyka wrote:
    Rizzi wrote:

Excellent.

I mean, look. I played the alpha and I thought it looked better than BC2. The ALPHA. With downgraded graphics. Seriously, this game just looks GREAT, no matter the settings.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Zzulu wrote:
    I have conducted some SCIENCE and my preliminary research shows me that Modern Warfare 3 will indeed outsell Battlefield 3 at first.

(I went in to see how many hits each reveal trailer had and Battlefield ends up at close to 8 million while MW3 got around 15 million hits. The hype is stronger for MW3 still. SCIENCE!)

Though to be fair the first BF3 videos were singleplayer stuff and the new Caspian Border vid already got over 3 million views in just 2 weeks so whoo knows

This reminds me of when Bobby Kotick tried to cut everyone in line at E3 to play Battlefield 3 and got sent back by security lol.

er, his female assistant.

Robes on
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    The MW3 devs probably play Battlefield online themselves because they are sick of their own shitty killstreaks.

I still don't understand where the idea of "killstreaks" even came from. It is UTTERLY retarded. Deathstreaks are ok, cause you know, they help people get out of a slump. But killstreaks?
    "You are dominating the game, here is something to dominate it even harder!".
    Seriously, do they give baseball bats to the soccer team that is leading 4-0 already?
    NO THEY DON'T! (But maybe should...)

It is just ridiculous.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    Some fancy charts and stuff

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/87743/americas-preorders-chart-27-august-2011-madden-nfl-12/

I see one PC game on that top 20 chart heh.

• Options
    Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Rizzi wrote:
    Klyka wrote:
    Rizzi wrote:

Excellent.
    It must take a beast of a machine to run that gone on high at a constant 60FPS. It is very poorly optimized. I can run on high most of the time but certain effects just make the FPS plummet. Really hope they fixed it with BF3.

• Options
    Fizban140 wrote:
    Rizzi wrote:
    Klyka wrote:
    Rizzi wrote:

Excellent.
    It must take a beast of a machine to run that gone on high at a constant 60FPS. It is very poorly optimized. I can run on high most of the time but certain effects just make the FPS plummet. Really hope they fixed it with BF3.

I5-2500k, 8gb RAM, 5850 1GB gives me constant 60+fps no matter what happens on screen.
    All maxed, 1080p.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
This discussion has been closed.