As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Game of Thrones: Episode 4 "Cripples, Bastards, and Broken Things"

1626364656668»

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Yes plus you get what amounts to a free pass to be under-the-radar terrifying. Now that I think about it, that gentleman's lines gave me goosebumps more than once.

You can almost feel bad for Theon. Just nearly.

Hobnail on
  • Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Under the sea, the fish swim down oh I know I know I know

Patchface is just so wonderfully creepy every time he shows up.

masterofmetroid on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    man, this thread is pulling a catelyn tully

Brolo on
  • Options
    QuestionMarkManQuestionMarkMan Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    QuestionMarkMan on
  • Options
    MVikingMViking Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Rolo wrote: »
    man, this thread is pulling a catelyn tully

making terrible decisions and getting in over its head?

MViking on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    HuxleyHuxley Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Sounds like us, yes.

Huxley on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm the Onion Knight.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I can't wait until he enters the series.

godmode on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2011
    I think my two most anticipated characters to see on screen are Vargo Hoat and Brienne. Not because I particularly like them, I just want to see them.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    GalyGaly Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Brienne is one of the characters I most dislike.

She's a big, ugly, repetitive plot device. GRRM should have used Beric Dondarron or Thoros or anybody besides Brienne as the POV character whose only purpose is to show what's happening in the countryside while the Lords are gaming thrones.

Galy on
    mustache w/ hat c|:{
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Brienne is alright. Her chapters are boring but they are necessary. I've been skimming them during this read.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    GalyGaly Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I think the only interesting thing about Brienne is the effect she has on Jaime.

Keep her around in Jaime's chapters but use someone else as the necessary plot device.

That's what I would do if I was a critically acclaimed, wildly successful best-selling fantasy author.

Galy on
    mustache w/ hat c|:{
  • Options
    CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Man, what? Brienne is fucking awesome.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    But it makes perfect sense for Brienne to be traveling around everywhere and she is a good character. Her chapters drag a little sometimes because there isn't a whole lot going on.

It doesn't matter who you put in her place it just isn't routinely going to be the most exciting parts of the book. Brienne herself is very interesting and I'm very curious what GRRM ends up doing with her.

BOOK 4 SPOILER
    I just read the part where Jaime is at Harrenhall and backhands a dude for talking shit about Brienne. I love that she had that much of an effect on him that he now defends her where he used to berate her.

Raijin Quickfoot on
This discussion has been closed.