As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[mini] Phalla Township of the Midwest [GAME OVER: Flawless Skinwalker Victory]

• Options
    Captain MarcusCaptain Marcus now arrives the hour of actionRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Nooo!! I'm sorry Unhappy Activity Bear! I had work yesterday and was unable to log on. And Ringo, apparently you think I'm mafia? What's up with that?

That being said, I'll have to read what I missed before I vote today.

Captain Marcus on
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Anyone wanna fill me in? I've been at church for the last, er, 19 hours now I believe.

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Spoit wrote: »
    The two people I'm looking at the most are extermatatott and kilroy, for ignoring the reveal

I didn't ignore it, I just didn't believe.

Although I suppose that really doesn't change anything.

Kilroy on
  • Options
    Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Ignoring the reveal may not be damning. It takes a leap to believe a reveal, too. But it is also the most concrete thing we have.

Kuhl apparently has reason to think romanq is shady, but I'd venture to guess that there aren't 3 mystics in the game. So either he had contact with a mystic who told him romanq was shady (unlikey), or thats just a gut feeling.

As today is booked with family affairs, I'll put my red on vertrou. Not super comfortable with it, but its the best we have right at this moment (unless kuhl turns out reliable).

Smoove Operator on
    Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So Smoove wants us to believe that not only were there no mafia in the Loserwagon, but that they would then refuse to take advantage of the fact that nobody switched from Loser post-reveal and simply not vote out a revealed seer?

In a game in which one seer and one vig are already dead?

You're next, Smoove.

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Captain MarcusCaptain Marcus now arrives the hour of actionRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So wait a minute- Loserforhirex revealed himself as a seer, and people still voted for him?

People who voted for the seer-
    vertroue
    extermatott
    kilroy
    smoove operator
    drkippy
    the anonymous
    stever777

I suppose any one of these guys would be mafia, or perhaps they were too lazy to change their votes after the reveal. No single one is really suspicious though.

Captain Marcus on
  • Options
    ExtermatottExtermatott Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Guys, guys, we can't go around believing everyone who says they are a seer. Especially since he didn't say who he seered day 1, and having 2 seers in a mini is extremely unlikely.

I shall vote for vertroue.

Extermatott on
  • Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So wait a minute- Loserforhirex revealed himself as a seer, and people still voted for him?

People who voted for the seer-
    vertroue
    extermatott
    kilroy
    smoove operator
    drkippy
    the anonymous
    stever777

I suppose any one of these guys would be mafia, or perhaps they were too lazy to change their votes after the reveal. No single one is really suspicious though.

As I said, I wasn't around all day to change my vote.
    As some already know, Sat is my live gaming group day.
    For today
    Romanqwerty

stever777 on
    Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    mascara305mascara305 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    godmode wrote: »
    Sorry 'bout that! Spent a day lazing and forgot to come back in time...

Votes on mascara for implying I'm a girl.

I know you're not a girl, just like I know I am a girl.

I'm not really sure if I like the vertrou or roman vote, but I like the roman vote better.

mascara305 on
    Don't judge me by my failures, but only by my dreams
  • Options
    CaptainPlanet82CaptainPlanet82 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Guys, guys, we can't go around believing everyone who says they are a seer. Especially since he didn't say who he seered day 1, and having 2 seers in a mini is extremely unlikely.

I shall vote for vertroue.

So you don't want us to vote on you because you voted for LoserforHireX, but you are voting for vertroue for the very same reason.

That doesn't seem very nice, Extermatott.

CaptainPlanet82 on
    Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
  • Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    For f sakes guys I didn't see the reveal till I got home after vote closed, I am sorry he died and if you want to kill me fine but I am not mafia, I usually not b/c I get killed to easily. I have no powers to reveal so if you want to shoot me then do it already.

But if we are playing the lets vote for those who killed Loser game then I am not going to play your game, It seems Duna hasn't liked me from day 1, Smoove can't spell my name right so I am going to put my vote on Dunadan019 just because I don't like the bandwagon for me. That and he has very few non voting posts at all, He doesn't give any reasoning behind it and frankly you guys have no leads right now.

Look sometime the obvious people are mafia, sometimes not, but when I show up as village tonight try for Duna, and remember most of the time the lesser posters turn out to be mafia.

vertroue on
    Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Duna's normally a quiet mafia. But it's been hard to tell, since he's been uncharacteristically quiet even as a villager since he was jailed

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    kilroy, vertruoe, and extermatott were the only ones who voted for the seer after the reveal, right?

Darian on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Meh whatever I'm not mafia, I'm not a seer, I'm not a sk, I am a villager so please have fun but kill those who ignore what I have said....This whole voting for those that didn't change for loser is retarded but I understand mob rules so have at it. Here is a gun now get on with it.

vertroue on
    Blood and Fire
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    No Darian there are more of us
    vertroue
    extermatott
    kilroy
    smoove operator
    drkippy
    the anonymous
    stever777

vertroue on
    Blood and Fire
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    romanqwerty

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I specificed after the reveal; can't really blame people for voting with no information and then not being around to change it.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    kilroy and extermatott were the ones who voted after the reveal, but some of the people who voted before the reveal might still have been around

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    If I were mafia when the seer revealed, the first thing I would do would be not to vote for the seer.

you can't write off all those people who did throwaway votes.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I vote for mascara, for being so suspicious. Not to mention honor-besmirching.

godmode on
  • Options
    GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I still don't understand why there wasn't any seer results. I think looking at who voted for loser last night is barking up the wrong tree. But that really leaves us with nothing. I'll be back with my vote later after I think about this for a bit (also somehow got roped into working from home today, just finished so I need a bit more time to analyze today's posts).

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Easiest way to not have seer results is to seer someone who gets killed.

Next easiest way is to be an even day seer, who didn't get to seer anyone day one. Which would also explain why there were two mystics.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Darian wrote: »

Next easiest way is to be an even day seer, who didn't get to seer anyone day one. Which would also explain why there were two mystics.

I totally get that, but what would be the harm of loser explaining that instead of being so cryptic? Doesn't add up.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DrKippyDrKippy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Darian wrote: »

Odd/Even mystic could make sense, double 'normal' seer is rather strong for a mini phalla, no? (not a rhetorical question, not sure about balance)

And the seers both died as "mystic", which renews hope for an odd-night vig as well if that logic stands.

As far as LoserX's death is concerned. I certainly missed the reveal when I was catching up on the thread, so I wouldn't say voting for someone after a reveal is strictly proof positive. But, it's also a reasonable enough, and certainly a decent enough argument to act on.

So, lets give !Killroy a shot.

DrKippy on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    My vote is for romanqwerty. He hasn't defended himself against accusations. I know that's a bad excuse for me, mr inactive, to be using, but at least I'm back and active now. He isn't.

Captain Marcus on
  • Options
    CaptainPlanet82CaptainPlanet82 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So are people just voting on romanqwerty for being inactive? Is there more to it?

Being not online on Easter sounds a bit silly. Been busy with my own Easter plans so fill me in if I'm missing something.

CaptainPlanet82 on
    Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Man I was so gonna vote for CaptainPlanet82 again but he has a gragas avatar... not sure if I can pull the trigger.

There is really not much info to go on for this phalla, but since I should make a vote... Ventroue because I don't like her reasoning for voting for Loser... and if she is being truthful the most we lose is a villager.

But hopefully we do get some more information tonight or I don't see things going well for us. Does anyone have a current vote count?

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    So are people just voting on romanqwerty for being inactive? Is there more to it?

Being not online on Easter sounds a bit silly. Been busy with my own Easter plans so fill me in if I'm missing something.

Well, I don't know! I was just voting for someone who seemed suspicious, but I'm really bad at phallas and end up voting on the bandwagon most of the time.

Captain Marcus on
  • Options
    FecklessRogueFecklessRogue Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Vote Closed

(it may take an extra minute due to inferior available technology.)

FecklessRogue on
  • Options
    Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Ringo wrote:
    So Smoove wants us to believe that not only were there no mafia in the Loserwagon, but that they would then refuse to take advantage of the fact that nobody switched from Loser post-reveal and simply not vote out a revealed seer?

In a game in which one seer and one vig are already dead?

You're next, Smoove.

No. I never said there were no mafia on the Loserwagon. I only said that believing a reveal is sometimes as big a leap of faith as NOT believing a reveal. If you disagree with that, then say it, but don't put words in people's mouths just to rouse suspicion Ringo, its bad form.

Also, as has been pointed out, a late reveal is hard to rely on, as many people who have already voted will never see it in time to change their votes. Like, for instance people who SAY earlier in the day that they won't have time to check it later.

Smoove Operator on
    Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    tomorrow, you should vote out romanqwerty and if he turns up evil, groundterror next.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    tomorrow, you should vote out romanqwerty and if he turns up evil, groundterror next.

It's grundlterror, not groundterror! And what did I do to be associated with romanqwerty? :(

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FecklessRogueFecklessRogue Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Day 4

♬ ...there’ll be peace when you are duh-uhn ♬

The radio blared in his ears, helping him concentrate, helping him think. This was all so much easier when his brother was with him, so much simpler. Now all he had left was his ‘67 Impala, a shotgun on the passenger seat and two trucks full of half-drunk townsfolk speeding on his rear.

romanqwerty didn’t know how everything had gone so wrong. This was a simpler job than most, yet not only was he clueless who was behind this but Phyphor was dead and cold in some county morgue. romanqwerty risked a glance in the rearview mirror. The trucks were getting closer. romanqwerty realized that by the end of the night, he might be dead too, and by the very people he was trying to save.

♬ lay your weary head to res-eh-eh-est ♬

The trucks started to pull along either side, so romanqwerty swerved to scare them back. It was only 10 miles until the next major town. There was no chance they’d follow him there. These guys were misguided, not stupid. If romanqwerty could just make it a few more minutes, they’d back off before any law got involved.

He glanced back once more at his pursuers, plotting which way to swing next. He looked back at the road too late. A deer, big as an ox, smashed off the hood and through the windshield. The Impala crumpled as it powered through, careening off the road. The trucks flew past, then began their slow trek back.

romanqwerty pulled himself from his car, his blood covering his face in a crimson mask. His arm was busted, his gun was flung who knows where, and the Impala halfway to hell already. The headlights of his pursuers drew near. All romanqwerty could do was lie in the ditch, listening to his music, waiting for the end to come.

♬ don’t you cry no more. ♬

Death Toll
    romanqwerty
    - Hunter - Executed by popular demand.
    Ringo - Everyday Citizen - Skinned alive.
    Spoit - FBI Agent - Skinned alive.

The Unhappy Inactivity Bear wishes everyone a happy Easter, though he will begin eating people again tomorrow.

FecklessRogue on
  • Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Again? Also, FBI?

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Welp, there goes the OTHER vig. I think I'll keep my vote on mascara on principle.

godmode on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    oooOOOooo

Man, my death doesn't even get an oblique reference in the narration? I guess I died as I lived, unloved <3

oooOOOooo

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    What does one do with human skin, anyway? So gross.

godmode on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    kuhlmeye wrote: »
    Again? Also, FBI?

If I had to guess (and, it turns out, I do :p), I'd assume guard?

I'm voting !Kilroy again, for the same reasons as before.

That, and Ringo & Spoit both voted for him and were mafiatised, which makes this weak theory only slightly less weak.

DrKippy on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    godmode wrote: »
    What does one do with human skin, anyway? So gross.

Why don't you tell me? ;)

But more seriously, never seen silence of the lambs? Somewhere out there is a mafia wearing a very pretty Spoit dress... (remind me to stab myself with a fork if they come for me)

DrKippy on
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Oh God.

Is this a Silence of the Lambs/Hannibal phalla?

The Anonymous on