As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Activistion:More Nintendo games;THDJ port>PS2

2»

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Gears of War adverts were playing in cinemas over here in Australia.

Australia? Do you guys even have the 360? :lol:

i kid..
    It was actually the fastest-selling console ever here until the Wii, I think.

It was a joke you know. I was tempted to say xbox 1 instead cause well yeah..
    Yeah, I know. I just get the urge to make note of an interesting tidbit every time I make a post.

Yeah but not like theres anything else to be number 1 or 2 besides the 360 or Wii.
    Considering the government reaction to GTA and HL2, someone has to be having an aneurism over GoW.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Yeah, Guitar Hero seems like one of the game series that would benefit the very least from being ported to the Wii (since it already has its own custom controller) so I don't get why every thread that even vaguely mentions the series has at least one person express a great desire for Wii Guitar Hero. And add me to the list of people who are shocked that the CoD Map packs made over 10 million

I can see one major upside: almost nothing would have to be included in the Guitar attachment aside from plastic and a few circuits. They could very well justify selling it at the same price as the old accesory pack in GH titles, but have a much higher profit margin due to the lower overhead costs of Wii development and peripheral materials.

Of course, I'd immagine GH is in a rather unique situation for gaming in that a large part of it's cost probably comes from liscensing titles rather than development. But still.

JihadJesus on
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    JihadJesus wrote:
    Yeah, Guitar Hero seems like one of the game series that would benefit the very least from being ported to the Wii (since it already has its own custom controller) so I don't get why every thread that even vaguely mentions the series has at least one person express a great desire for Wii Guitar Hero. And add me to the list of people who are shocked that the CoD Map packs made over 10 million

I can see one major upside: almost nothing would have to be included in the Guitar attachment aside from plastic and a few circuits. They could very well justify selling it at the same price as the old accesory pack in GH titles, but have a much higher profit margin due to the lower overhead costs of Wii development and peripheral materials.

Of course, I'd immagine GH is in a rather unique situation for gaming in that a large part of it's cost probably comes from liscensing titles rather than development. But still.

I really think that a big reason GH wouldn't come to the Wii is that Activision should realize they wouldn't make a whole lot of money from it. Sure, Wii development is cheap, and a guitar shell would be cheaper to manufacture than a PS2 or 360 guitar, but of all three consoles of last gen, which is the most prolific? The PS2. That's why GH was released there in the first place.

Just about every console gamer out there owns a PS2. Niche titles aren't going to sell to everybody, so you put them out on the console with the highest user base. I don't have any exact numbers, but I'd bet good money that when you see the Venn Diagram of Wii owners, PS2 owners, and 360 owners, it's an awfully small portion of the Wii circle that doesn't overlap with the 360 or PS2 circle. If you can more money selling to 2 consoles instead of 3, it's the smart thing to do, especially if most customers on one of those other consoles have a vested interest to keep playing the game there due to owning a specialty controller incompatible with other platforms.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    GraviijaGraviija Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Arcibi wrote:
    It would be pretty rad to have Guitar Hero: Nintendo Mix or some such

In my mind it would have the best songs from GH1 and GH2 (so it doesn't fall into the same trap DDR Mario Mix did) but it would focus on guitar-heavy renditions of Nintendo songs. Songs like the Mario theme, Mario underworld theme, Zelda theme, Gerudo Desert, Pokémon Gym Battle, etc

And of course as special unlockables you can select certain Nintendo characters to play as

This'll probably never happen but I'd buy it
    This is just about the greatest idea ever.

I don't know how how the Zelda theme would sound on a guitar, but I sure as hell want to find out. Also, Link rocking out with a guitar would be so fucking cool (and no, Zora Link with fishbone guitar doesn't count).

Graviija on
  • Options
    MarlorMarlor Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    WHY wrote:
    Considering the government reaction to GTA and HL2, someone has to be having an aneurism over GoW.

The Aussie government didn't do anything about Half-Life 2, IIRC. It was passed by the OFLC without fuss.

Their only problem with GTA was that you could have sex with hookers, then kill them. This fell into the category of "violent sexual content", and pushed the game out of the MA15+ bracket. So Rockstar just made a couple of minor changes to allow the game to be passed.

Unless GoW has hooker-killing in it, I don't think that there would be a problem.

Marlor on
    Mario Kart Wii: 1332-8060-5236 (Aaron)