As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cheap spotify...appliance?

DeicistDeicist Registered User regular
So, I've recently started using spotify for just about all my music listening needs and was wondering if there's any spotify boxes on the horizon / already on the market? ideally something with a small screen so you don't need to plug it into a telly or what have you. I guess a cheapo android phone / tablet would work...but I doubt the sound quality would be much good.

So, anything like this exist / planned?

Deicist on

• Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2011
    There's a few things available for Spotify premium, but I wouldn't call any of them cheap.

SporkAndrew on
    The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    ben0207ben0207 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    iPod Touch would do it.

ben0207 on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    ben0207 wrote: »
    iPod Touch would do it.

That's...actually a good idea. They go for about £80 used on ebay. Hmm. Anyone know what the sound output is like on the ipods?

Deicist on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    hmm, apparently the 'O2 Joggler' can run ubuntu (and the linux spotify client) and they go for around £70 on ebay. that might be a good option.

Deicist on
  • Options
    geeeeoffffgeeeeoffff Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Hmm, I don't know about the O2 jogger, but definitely think about paying 10 more for a well known product like an old ipod touch.

geeeeoffff on
    GD on paforums
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    The benefit of the joggler is that it can run a full blown desktop OS, so as well as spotify I could use it for downloads etc. And there seems to be a pretty decent community built around that particular device.

Also, I like tinkering with stuff... something that Apple products don't really encourage.

Deicist on