As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Chaat [chat] (and [chat]ney!)

1565758596062»

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    there was a zombie movie where the infection was spread by language. I wanna see that

It was bad, so bad.
    Inqi and I watched Black Sheep at some point.

It wavered on the border of "hilariously bad" and "too bad to be entertaining".

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I have bought a total of 10 dollars worth of games from PSN. I probably will stick to my never buying stuff unless it is really unique or special.

But I really really love my ps3 and it won't turn me off Sony either.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    there was a zombie movie where the infection was spread by language. I wanna see that

It was bad, so bad.

Was this the Outer limits episode where someone claims to have the word of god (or something) and whoever hears it is turned into a drone/zombie who then does nothing but try and pass on the word?

The word was of course

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited April 2011
    Microsoft seems to be doing better than I thought they would a few years ago. It seemed like they were pretty much moored into preserving their OS and Office suite dominance and everything else they tried was just shit and their OS and office suite were getting old and annoying.

but win7 is apparently pretty decent and the newest office is quite a bit better than the previous and the windows phone 7, while i'm not sure it will turn out to have a niche, is at least cleanly-designed and purposeful.

also, the xbox & kinect are really solid performers and have more or less captured the public idea of what a "video game" is these days. when the president tells parents to spend more time helping their kids with school he talks about "turning off the x-box".

so good for microsoft.

steve ballmer can still eat a dick tho

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    somewhere a sony rep just looked at my post followed by fluffy's post and their heart grew a few sizes.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    But developers developers developers developers

Cinders on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Well I just got off the phone with a nurse and that helped a lot.

She really wanted me in the hospital and I guess that's on the table but I don't want an ambulance coming to my place at 1am and I don't know how long they can legally hold me for and the adult ward will be a whole new mess.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    somewhere a sony rep just looked at my post followed by fluffy's post and their heart grew a few sizes.

And his heart made this sound

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

She really wanted me in the hospital and I guess that's on the table but I don't want an ambulance coming to my place at 1am and I don't know how long they can legally hold me for and the adult ward will be a whole new mess.

what is wrong

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    They are pretty much the business standard outside of Linux for most places. So they are still pretty set.

I love Windows 7, its fast, stable and really nice to look at and easy to use. I hear the win7 phone is super easy to use and really nice as well.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Xbox is definitely the new Nintendo as far as the name that people who don't really know about video games associate with video games.

Winky on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Steve Ballmer is like the real life Kevin from the Office

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Can you self admit? Take yourself down there? I know in the States there are a lot of restrictions on how long they can hold you if you aren't a danger to yourself or others.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Winky wrote: »
    Xbox is definitely the new Nintendo as far as the name that people who don't really know about video games associate with video games.

if there wasn't the wii

sure.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I am le depressed

I hope this boy calls me

So It Goes on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011

what is wrong

I don't know. Maybe I'm transitioning from manic to depressive? I just can't do it right now. Thinking about the future (being a range from one day-the rest of my life) makes me burst into tears and I get overwhelmed with despair and I can't do it. I don't know what I'll do if I lose control again, because if I call Telehealth again they are probably going to send an ambulance out no matter what I do.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Thomamelas wrote: »

Can you self admit? Take yourself down there? I know in the States there are a lot of restrictions on how long they can hold you if you aren't a danger to yourself or others.

It depends on the state and hospital policy as well. Colorado has both 24 hour and 72 hour holds they can do. It depends on the hospitals policy as well.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2011

pontypool, right

Organichu on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So It Goes wrote: »
    I am le depressed

I hope this boy calls me

Love will find you, SiG

not sure if it's gonna find me at this point :/ I'd either like to man up and ask this one girl where we stand now or find someone else.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011

what is wrong

I don't know. Maybe I'm transitioning from manic to depressive? I just can't do it right now. Thinking about the future (being a range from one day-the rest of my life) makes me burst into tears and I get overwhelmed with despair and I can't do it. I don't know what I'll do if I lose control again, because if I call Telehealth again they are probably going to send an ambulance out no matter what I do.

:(

can choco come hang with you

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    God I love Parks & Rec. Missed it earlier, watching it in another timezone now.

I love it so much. If someone was like "Fluffy, you can either choose to make sure Parks & Rec comes back for another 6 seasons in which quality can be guaranteed to never lower, and in fact gradually increase, or save Choco from robo-bears, what would you do?" I would pick Parks & Rec.

I fucking love that show so bad.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    after one of you friends are done with portal 2 you should let me borrow it

if i send it back to gamefly

and then you got a gamefly subscripion

and then you got my game

would that count?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Zombie aren't you like 20? You got plenty of time.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So It Goes wrote: »
    I am le depressed

I hope this boy calls me

If he doesn't he probably doesn't like The League. And in that case fuck him.

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    after one of you friends are done with portal 2 you should let me borrow it

if i send it back to gamefly

and then you got a gamefly subscripion

and then you got my game

would that count?

what are you some kinda monster

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited April 2011
    i don't think the "playstation certified" thing is gonna work for sony

i mean, it's hard enough to do solid quality control on first-party software for a specific platform. sony's looking to certify software over a whole plethora of devices.

also their tablet strategy is really unclear.

i dunno; they need to figure out their core competency and really focus on that. sony was at their best at manufacturing premium consumer electronics. now they're an "everything company" that does nothing particularly well and some things really badly. in spite of a really stellar history, they're getting their lunch eaten by samsung and LG.

the PS3 is fine. basically. but i'd hesitate to call it an unalloyed success. it's not been profitable, and the focus on the bluray & cell processor has, i think, turned out to be way more trouble than it was worth for sony. the move is looking like a really half-assed failure. that psp phone they just dropped looks like junk.

the ngp might turn out to be a fine portable, and i love the idea of a rear-facing touchpad (apple should pay attention), but it has form factor issues and it's being released into a much tougher world than the PSP was. the PSPgo (which i have one of) was a great form factor, but sony's lack of online software support for a device that has no physical media just doomed the device.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited April 2011
    Steve gets the new chat! Mazzy is backup.

Jacobkosh on
This discussion has been closed.