As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat]tose Intolerance

• Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    hei gais did u c donie darko

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    DiscGrace wrote:
    VishNub wrote:
    No one cares about my shirt.
    Why ought we to care about your shirt?
    Seriously just put a blue shirt on dude. It's frisbee, not like a real sport or nothing.

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Senjutsu wrote:
    I saw it in the THEATER bitches! You little frontin' ass teeny-boppers can step off, I cold fought with my co-worker on release day as to who would be able to buy the one DVD copy coming into the store.

*flips the birds to obnoxious teenagers everywhere*

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Senjutsu wrote:
    i kno its great huh?

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Hacksaw wrote:
    Senjutsu wrote:
    i kno its great huh?
    Wikipedia threads are the new Jack Thompson threads are the new Donnie Darko threads

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Senjutsu wrote:
    Hacksaw wrote:
    Senjutsu wrote:
    i kno its great huh?
    Wikipedia threads are the new Jack Thompson threads are the new Donnie Darko threads
    TV threads are the new religion threads, only without term limits.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    thorgot wrote:
    celery77 wrote:
    thorgot wrote:
    I never watch hockey games, college basketball is boring, and the Celtics are terrible.
    Well then you're in Boston, watch college hockey. I really don't see what the problem here is.
    Hockey is boring. If there weren't fights I wouldn't even watch the highlights on sportscenter..

I think I'm gonna have to kill you now.

Though seriously, hockey is not a great TV sport. Its a much better in person sport. Though I think HD will help hockey a lot in its TV presentation.

Though if you're in Boston, the miserlyness of Bruins management would be enough to put anyone off the NHL.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Corvus wrote:
    thorgot wrote:
    celery77 wrote:
    thorgot wrote:
    I never watch hockey games, college basketball is boring, and the Celtics are terrible.
    Well then you're in Boston, watch college hockey. I really don't see what the problem here is.
    Hockey is boring. If there weren't fights I wouldn't even watch the highlights on sportscenter..

I think I'm gonna have to kill you now.

Though seriously, hockey is not a great TV sport. Its a much better in person sport. Though I think HD will help hockey a lot in its TV presentation.

Though if you're in Boston, the miserlyness of Bruins management would be enough to put anyone off the NHL.
    I've got this great hockey joke, it goes like this:

Person A: "The Bruins"
    Everyone: "Ahahahahahhahahahahhahahahaha"

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Man, at least they aren't the Blackhawks. Can you belive those morons still don't put their home games on TV?

Corvus on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Senjutsu wrote:

Hey by the way Boston -- thanks for Joe Thornton.

Also, I liked Ray Bourque -- why you guys gotta do him like that?

• Options
    Low KeyLow Key Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Hockey would be good if they took out the bit where it's a sport, and just made it 'burly men with big sticks on ice'.

Low Key on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Low Key wrote:
    Hockey would be good if they took out the bit where it's a sport, and just made it 'burly men with big sticks on ice'.
    Hurling on ice would be awesome.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    celery77 wrote:
    Senjutsu wrote:

Hey by the way Boston -- thanks for Joe Thornton.

Also, I liked Ray Bourque -- why you guys gotta do him like that?

Cause they're owners don't care about winning. They just want to make money.

Corvus on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Low Key wrote:
    Psh, you're a cricket fan. You don't think it's a sport unless it involves a bunch of poncy jackasses who have to take a break for tea and watercress sandwiches.

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    celery77 wrote:
    DiscGrace wrote:
    VishNub wrote:
    Seriously just put a blue shirt on dude. It's frisbee, not like a real sport or nothing.

1) Die
    2) It's something like 35$ to replace
    3) A blue shirt doesn't cut it.
    4) When you get to the series tournaments you're actually required to have the jersey in order to play. I do not, currently, have a blue jersey.

VishNub on
  • Options
    YarYar Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Yar wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:
    I didn't die until, on the very last night, the last remaining vampire killed me before being staked. It was awesome.
    That was me. You died the night before, I think.
    Nm, you were right.

Yar on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    VishNub wrote:
    celery77 wrote:
    DiscGrace wrote:
    VishNub wrote:

1) Die
    4) When you get to the series tournaments you're actually required to have the jersey in order to play. I do not, currently, have a blue jersey.

Do you have to wear it when you're on the sidelines? If not, just switch with a sub whenever you go in.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    VishNub wrote:
    1) Die
    1) Okay

• Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Andrew_Jay wrote:
    Richy wrote:
    No, what puts it over the top is that neither of these passages have anything to do with homosexuality.
    Well, it loses something in the translation, but I'm sure any Aramaic scholar will tell you that "God Hates Fags" is a remarkably faithful translation :wink:

I do think it's pretty funny that it's basically ridiculous statements paired with random Bible passages.

Well Mal 1:3 reads "but Esau I have hated, and I have turned his mountains into a wasteland and left his inheritance to the desert jackals", where "I" is "God", and hate is right there. And now that I think about it, in Aramaic the words for "fag" and "I have turned his mountains into a wasteland and left his inheritance to the desert jackals" have like, just one letter of difference. So really it works out.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    VishNub wrote:
    THE $ SIGN GOES ON THE LEFT DAMN YOUR EYES

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    ’Cause I’m going to rhino
    Over your line-o

I’m going to rhino with you
    In all kinds of leather
    We rhino together
    We’ll keep rhino-ing through :whistle:

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Senjutsu wrote:
    Low Key wrote:
    Psh, you're a cricket fan. You don't think it's a sport unless it involves a bunch of poncy jackasses who have to take a break for tea and watercress sandwiches.

Bloody right.

Actually, hockey is one of those sports that I probably would like if I was in the vicinity of it. The best sports in the world have the perfect mixture of skill, atheleticism, violence (otherwise known as the biff), psychotic fans and "holy shit" moments.

As this embarissingly needy video demonstates, we perfected the formula a while ago.

Low Key on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Senjutsu wrote:
    VishNub wrote:
    Maybe in Canada.

stilist on
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    DiscGrace wrote:
    yay redx's bunny duck is back!

bunny duck?

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Fencingsax wrote:
    VishNub wrote:
    celery77 wrote:
    DiscGrace wrote:
    VishNub wrote:

1) Die

Do you have to wear it when you're on the sidelines? If not, just switch with a sub whenever you go in.

Ewww. Other-people sweat.

VishNub on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Low Key wrote:
    Senjutsu wrote:
    Low Key wrote:

Bloody right.

Actually, hockey is one of those sports that I probably would like if I was in the vicinity of it. The best sports in the world have the perfect mixture of skill, atheleticism, violence (otherwise known as the biff), psychotic fans and "holy shit" moments.

As this embarissingly needy video demonstates, we perfected the formula a while ago.
    Aussie rules is hella fun to watch. Went to a game when I was in Sydney.

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Seriously you big pansy. You've never swapped jerseys with another player at half time?

Low Key on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Low Key wrote:
    Anarchy on a field. I consider jump rope more serious of a competitive game.

• Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    stilist wrote:
    Senjutsu wrote:
    VishNub wrote:
    Maybe in Canada.
    It goes on the right in Québec.

I've always wondered about that. What sense does it make to put the $ sign on the left? $25? Does anyone actually say "dollar twenty-five"?

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Low Key wrote:
    Seriously you big pansy. You've never swapped jerseys with another player at half time?
    In basketball they call it "post defense."

• Options
    edited February 2007
    Richy wrote:
    stilist wrote:
    Senjutsu wrote:
    VishNub wrote:
    Maybe in Canada.

I've always wondered about that. What sense does it make to put the $ sign on the left? $25? Does anyone actually say "dollar twenty-five"?
    The sense is in doing the opposite of you, Frenchy.

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Low Key wrote:

Not willingly.

VishNub on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    celery77 wrote:
    Low Key wrote:

That's because you don't actually have any idea what's going on. It's like how NFL is just people randomly running into each other.

Low Key on
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Richy wrote:
    stilist wrote:
    Senjutsu wrote:
    VishNub wrote:
    Maybe in Canada.

lots of people say dollar twenty-five,

"How much was that burger?"

"dollar twenty-five"

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Low Key wrote:
    celery77 wrote:
    Low Key wrote:

That's because you don't actually have any idea what's going on. It's like how NFL is just people randomly running into each other.
    No it's clearly anarchic. Even more so than rugby, and rugby is like the dumbest sport ever.

The NFL is an absolutely byzantine game which is really just chess with 350 pound linemen.

I mean, we could get into the histories of the various sports here. I'm assuming Aussie Rules grew out of rugby, and rugby grew out of Royally outlawed street riots. No joke. American Football is based on isolating the strategic elements of rugby.

• Options
    ZsetrekZsetrek Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    My first topic at D&D! Yay!

Zsetrek on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Anyhow, I’m off to bed.

Cheers, D&D!

stilist on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    celery77 wrote:
    No it's clearly anarchic. Even more so than rugby, and rugby is like the dumbest sport ever.

The NFL is an absolutely byzantine game which is really just chess with 350 pound linemen.

I mean, we could get into the histories of the various sports here. I'm assuming Aussie Rules grew out of rugby, and rugby grew out of Royally outlawed street riots. No joke. American Football is based on isolating the strategic elements of rugby.

Rubgy evolved from isolating the strategic elements of rugby too. Except without neutering it. Australian rules put the emphasis on athletiscism and movement, so the ball is always in dispute, until a free kick is paid or the ball reaches a boundary. You're mistaking anarchy with action.

Low Key on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    stilist wrote:
    Anyhow, I’m off to bed.

Cheers, D&D!
    Cheers_signALT.jpg?

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited February 2007