As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

UML Tool

ffordefforde Registered User regular
edited February 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I am looking for a good free UML tool, for hobbist/personal projects, mostly I will just be doing class diagrams. For a while I was using Posiedon UML which I loved, but they recently discontinued the free community liscence they used to offer. Now you have to rent the community version for a set price per month. Lame. I use Enterprise Architect at work but of course this is not a free product.

I've poked around a little bit and so far the only promising leads I have found are ArgoUML (which was ok, but the UI was kind of weird and non-intuitive at times) and StarUML, which I haven't tried. Yes I know Posiedon is based on Argo, but they are really not very similar anymore.

So anyone have any recommendations? Should I give StarUML a try? Should I give Argo another chance? Anything I am overlooking?

fforde on

• Options
    MasterDebaterMasterDebater Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    We used ArgoUML on a team project, and it was ok once you got through the UI and learned how to do everything.

MasterDebater on