Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Home Theater System Recommendations?

Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
I'm in the market for a passable home theater setup, hopefully in the $200-300 range. Any recommendations?

Pancho needs your prayers it's true
But save a few for Lefty too
Ah_Pook on

• RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I have the Samsung HT-TZ422. I think it is discontinued now, but when I bought it a year ago it was around $250 at Sam's Club. It isn't the flashiest or the best surround sound system, but it fits my needs almost perfectly. My wife didn't want cords running everywhere, so I had to get one with wireless speakers. I got a Samsung because it works well with my Samsung TV over HDMI CEC, so I only have to use the TV remote to turn it on. It has a DVD player built-in, but I never use it, because I keep it in Optical Input mode all the time. The only thing I don't like about it is that it only has the one optical input, but I solved that by getting a 4-port HDMI switch that splits the audio out to an optical cable. That way, I can have my PS3, Xbox 360, Cable box, and sometimes my PC hooked up to the surround sound. (Which introduced a different problem where my PS3 sensed audio formats from the switch and enabled all of the 7.1 audio formats, so I didn't get voice on the center channel. It was easy to fix on the PS3 side, though.)

RandomHajile on