Options

Dark Knight Rises - Evanescence soundtrack confirmed

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited June 2011
    Langly wrote: »
    Other than that, I don't think so. Batman doesn't really work in a completely post civilization world. His charactter is about enforcing law and also enforcing that law on himself. He doesn't work in anarchy, and enforcing his own law makes him a different character.

No Man's Land

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Keith wrote: »
    Other than that, I don't think so. Batman doesn't really work in a completely post civilization world. His charactter is about enforcing law and also enforcing that law on himself. He doesn't work in anarchy, and enforcing his own law makes him a different character.

No Man's Land

But that isn't about a continued anarchy, that's about gotham temporarily being bereft of federal support. There's still a skeleton police force, and Batman is still working for a Gotham that 's cohesive (although barely).

Langly on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited June 2011

No Man's Land

But that isn't about a continued anarchy, that's about gotham temporarily being bereft of federal support. There's still a skeleton police force, and Batman is still working for a Gotham that 's cohesive (although barely).

25rjz8z.jpg

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    ok look that story also had this gem
    The United States government reverses the No Man's Land order and allows Gotham to rejoin the United States. Gordon and his surviving police officers are promoted. In the final scenes of the comic, the Joker attacks Petit's compound. Petit is killed and the Huntress barely survives. The Joker later kidnaps all of Gotham's babies, but thankfully doesn't kill any of them.

Ok?

Langly on
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Mofo, you best not be dissing no man's land. It is my fave bat-storyline. Joker took all them babbies

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    i just watched the 'Nothing to Fear' episode and he's visiting his parent's grave at the end

wearing sunglasses

at night

lPTCZ.png

Squall on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So I can so I can

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Don't switch the blade on the guy in shades, oh no.

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    that's how cool Bruce Wayne is

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Batman Goes Multiplayer First-Person Shooter with Gotham City Impostors
    Think of it as Team Fortress meets Batman: Arkham Asylum.
    Gotham City Impostors, in development by Monolith Productions for the PC, Playstation Network and Xbox Live, will have players taking each other out as Batman- and Joker-themed criminals and vigilantes.

No date or price has yet been set for the game which will be published by Warner Bros. Interactive, the same publisher behind Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City.

The notion of a multiplayer Batman was often nixed by the publisher, we were told during a morning briefing in Santa Monica, because the theory was that everyone playing a multiplayer Batman game would want to play as the cowled hero. So in Gotham City Impostors no one plays as him.

Instead players will play on either the side of the Batz or the Jokerz as they game their way through a variety of online only, multiplayer only modes.

Because the game is multiplayer-only there is no ongoing story, but there is a backstory. The concept, as shown during a cartoon shown during today's presentation, is that Gotham is filled with a lot of disgruntled citizens who have decided to put on a Batman cowl of their own and take out a rising crowd of Joker-themed baddies.

The game, built on a proprietary engine, feels a bit like a Team Fortress game, with fast gameplay and quick matches.

I had a chance to check out the multiplayer deathmatch which put me in the shoes of a Bat armed with an assault rifle, shotgun, pipe bombs and grappling hook.

The game will include a number of classes, as well as body types. Body types, which include speedy, nimble and tough, impact your character's speed, toughness and strength.

Players can also pick through an assortment of weapons to choose their primary and back up guns, a gadget and a support item.

While many of the weapons looked pretty straightforward, there were also some home made weapons like a PVC-and-fireworks rocket launcher nicknamed "The Thunder Dragon" and a grappling gun that used a crank to pull you up to ledges.

Characters' costumes can also be customized, changing everything from the cowl, legs, hands and feet, to the logo and voice options.

While the mode I played was a straightforward team deathmatch, the team demonstrated a mode called "Psych Ward" which had the teams battling for a large car battery. Once captured, the battery, which leaves a trail of yellow ooze in its wake, has to be brought back to your base and attached to a brainwashing device. If you can defend it for 30 seconds you score a point, and turn on the machine which temporarily stuns all of the players on the other team, leaving them only able to slap attack you.

The game will not include any bots and the studio said they are still working on how many players it will support in total. The round I played had a total of eight players in it.

I enjoyed my short time with the game. It feels like a fun pick-up-and-play first-person shooter with the sort of nod to comics that both casual and hardcore fans of the comics will enjoy. The gameplay felt a bit loose, the aiming a bit slippery, but nothing that I didn't adjust to within a few minutes.

holy crap this is a neat idea

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    They need a Hidden/Saxton Hale type mode where one player is Batman and fucks up everyone else

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    cosplayers vs juggalos

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

No Man's Land

Seemed pretty anarchic to me. Average citizens working under whichever boss/faction that could protect them, the whole thing had maps to show which factions controlled which territories...

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    Meh, if it's not gonna actually have Batman in it, why bother slapping a Batman label on it? Make it its own game.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    The Geek wrote: »
    Meh, if it's not gonna actually have Batman in it, why bother slapping a Batman label on it? Make it its own game.

marketing

also, i think themed gangs are awesome
    and there was that Bat-gang in DKR

or maybe
    it is a videogame people living in an elseworlds DCU play!

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I think I have a new favorite DCAU moment

There's this episode in Superman: The Animated Series

It's called Father's Day

Well, anyway, Kallibak is trying to get Superman's attention so he starts leveling a restaurant.

And they show reaction shots of the horrified patrons fearing for their lives.

Anyway, there's this one, like 3 second shot, of a lady surrounded by dudes running for their lives, being extremely perturbed that she has a stain on her dress.

Forget the fact an alien monster is wrecking the place.

That stain ain't never comin' out.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

It's called Father's Day

Well, anyway, Kallibak is trying to get Superman's attention so he starts leveling a restaurant.

Anyway, there's this one, like 3 second shot, of a lady surrounded by dudes running for their lives, being extremely perturbed that she has a stain on her dress.

I don't suppose you've got some super-club-soda in that cape somewhere.

Yeah. Thanks for nothing.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    KalTorak wrote: »

It's called Father's Day

I don't suppose you've got some super-club-soda in that cape somewhere.

Yeah. Thanks for nothing.

don't worry, he can use his super-weaving to make her an even prettier dress

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

marketing

also, i think themed gangs are awesome
    and there was that Bat-gang in DKR

and there were the Jokerz in Batman Beyond

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

Because it's based on a Batman comic (or the comic was based on the idea for the game; it seems to vary between articles)

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Batman/Batgirl

Batutory rape

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    yrNfm.gif

Squall on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    For a little while there he was nodding in sync with your avatar.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I admire Batman's dedication to the surprise entrance, but sometimes it's OK to just use the fucking door, dude

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    And that, Mysst, is why you are not Batman.

Solar on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Look, when you're rescuing someone being assaulted in their own home, breaking their windows might not be the best impression to leave.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Mysst wrote: »
    Look, when you're rescuing someone being assaulted in their own home, breaking their windows might not be the best impression to leave.

Yea, but he does attach a "You're Welcome." note to a brick that he then throws through another window after he leaves.

Buddies on
  • Options
    KING LITERATEKING LITERATE Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    KING LITERATE on
    Diamond FC: 3867 1354 8291
    TWITTER TWATS
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Wow. Green Lantern looks... bad...

I mean, yay for more fun, less realistic superhero movies.

But...not for me. :/

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Huh, that looks, not bad at all.

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    NeliNeli Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The constructs looked super silly

The best he can come up with is a huge spring, a catapult and an AA gun (he uses to shoot a truck instead of just shooting the monster)

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Isn't relatively amusing/silly constructs sort of a Green Lantern thing?

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    shh don't tell him

KING LITERATE on
    TWITTER TWATS
  • Options
    NeliNeli Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I dunno

I am not familiar with the comic. Just commentating from my uneducated perspective

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The constructs are base on the user's imagination. Some Lanterns do things like walls, cylinders and boxes because they're so strict and frankly boring then you have others who make serpents, giant boxing gloves and other crazy things.

Gatsby on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Neli wrote: »
    I dunno

I am not familiar with the comic. Just commentating from my uneducated perspective

well den edumacate yoself foo

KING LITERATE on
    TWITTER TWATS
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    In the justice league cartoons GL just sort of made orbs and beams and such. He was a great character, but it was sort of dull. I like the idea of slightly silly but creative constructs.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I like the explaination behind that being that as a former marine he's just so uptight and orderly in both personality and imagination hence the dull constructs.

Gatsby on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited June 2011
    the effects in that green lantern clip are hilariously stiff

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    HeavyVillainHeavyVillain Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    you know what else is hilariously stiff

HeavyVillain on
This discussion has been closed.