As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[League of Legends] - Where we talk about Electric Light Orchestra

• Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    i feel that way about my penis

i play LoL with mine, i just slap it around and i win. Give it a shot.

rumble or sona?

Feels Good Man on
  • Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    whenever i'm feeding really bad and getting frustrated, i whip my musket out and start squeezing it really hard and slapping it around while calling it a bitch and a whore. then i lay it on the desk and bang my keyboard on it a couple of times until it shuts the fuck up and lets me lane like a man instead of a bitch.

afterwards, i go 57/8/34. i'll get naked and flex in the mirror for a bit. with my shades on.

"look at you, with those sexy flings. come to daddy. come eat some of this fucking turret."

Liquid Ghost on
  • AhiMahiAhiMahi Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    i play LoL with mine, i just slap it around and i win. Give it a shot.
    Hmmm something like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwd5faVtfEI&feature=player_embedded

AhiMahi on
  • SuMa.LustreSuMa.Lustre Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    zerg rush wrote: »
    Why does everyone hate Garen? All he does is run at people and hit them with a single target nuke ultimate.

For a long time Garen was OP. He was actually the poster child for OP. Imagine doing about double the damage with your spin, and having your shield protect twice as much while it was up. THEN add in the fact that you could stack sunfire capes and each one would do damage. You'd have Garens with 5 sunfire capes burning enemy teams to a crisp just by standing next to them.

He got nerfed to oblivion since then, and has only recently gotten back to balanced with the series of buffs he's receiving. You happened to start playing while he was at a balanced spot, but he's had an infamous history.

Feldorn wrote:
    hah, you dick. i mean silly goose.

Oh yeah. Both teams cheered for me afterwards, well except Nidalee. She ended up destroying the nexus on that push. The only shit talking the enemy did was boasting about how owned she had gotten by me.

the funny thing was he wasn't really that OP, he was closer to middle-top pick for competitive teams

he was just an especially easy pub-stomper

SuMa.Lustre on
  • Vic_HazardVic_Hazard Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Dark_Side wrote: »
    I like to sneak in mallet after madreds so I don't melt instantly + slow, but yeah that's how I roll kog too

gets really silly late game

A lot of people seem to be building him to capitalize on AP late game, but I just don't feel like his percentages are all that good to justify it beyond building a madred's for synergy.

If you're going for a nuker build, which certainly works well if you can hit your ult on them squishies, get magic pen instead of ap. I mean, keep blue rune and stuff like archangels, and I'd get a deathcap later but stacking 70 mpen first does a LOT more for his ult than ap ever will.

Vic_Hazard on
  • DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I am trying to find a reason to not pick Vlad.

The reasons do not come with much speed.

Easy, vlad is a champ that does not contribute much besides annoyance factor and damage. In ranked he can be counterpicked, plus you can guarentee 2-3 ignites to make sure you die when you trollpool. Vlad can be beaten by an ever increasing list of champions in lane pretty easily thanks to the nerfs vlad has gotten, and the buffs to other champions. Vlad also often needs a solo lane or he wont scale well into middle and late game and just end up feeding. Often there are better champions you want in the solos.

---

1) Picking soraka after enemy picks karthus.
    2) Have teammates complain that I picked soraka.
    3) Skillfully press R every time karthus skillfully presses R
    4) Karthus ends the game with 2 kills.
    5) Teammates are now educated in what a counterpick is, and why it gives your team a huge advantage.

Draygo on
  • Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So I had a game as Zilean the other day, I was laning with a Vieger against a solo Mordekaiser.

The Viegar was sorta crap with his stun, but I managed to bomb harass and kill the Morde so he was 0/6/0.

Unfortunately, the top lane had a Renekton vs Irelia, and he fed her hard. The Vlad in mid also was trading kills with the enemy.

So eventually I ended up dieing to all the fed enemies, and we lost the match. Our Vlad blamed it all on me because apparently I KS'd him once, and since I'm not a carry, I should never try to help with kills because it might deny him a bit of gold.

What a tool.

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Squidget0Squidget0 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So the Tribunal just came up, still in pre-release. You can review three cases. Mine were all pretty clear cases of intentional feeding.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal

It's fun! Give it a go!

Squidget0 on
  • EllthiterenEllthiteren Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Just did my three cases. Two were nonstop n-bombs in all five games I reviewed. The third was a guy who went 0-20+-0 in 10+ ranked games that only lasted like 20 minutes each. It was actually rather impressive. 3x easy punish votes.

Ellthiteren on
  • SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    If you could do an infinite amount of cases the Tribunal would be nearly as much fun as the actual game.

Slicer on
  • SuMa.LustreSuMa.Lustre Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Just did my three cases. Two were nonstop n-bombs in all five games I reviewed. The third was a guy who went 0-20+-0 in 10+ ranked games that only lasted like 20 minutes each. It was actually rather impressive. 3x easy punish votes.

3x easy punish votes here too

it's pretty amazing how terrible people are

i can't wait until i find my first "pardon" case

SuMa.Lustre on
    edited May 2011
    Slicer wrote: »
    If you could do an infinite amount of cases the Tribunal would be nearly as much fun as the actual game.

I'm hoping the number you get to do per day goes up as you do more / side with the majority more. I could seriously do this instead of playing LoL, even without an IP reward, and write it off as community service.

Ellthiteren on
  • PriestPriest Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So. Since the Apocalypse got rescheduled to tomorrow, and we already know what LoL is like in Hell, anyone want to hazard guesses as to what LoL is like in heaven?

The masses also want screenshots to see what we're missing while we roast in the pit of eternal damnation.

Priest on
  • Legen DairyLegen Dairy Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Isn't this a high elo player?

1b-RDsG4xjnDANnuiGqd.jpg

I was hoping to get Rak so I can vote Punish w/ a 420 errday note.

Legen Dairy on
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I pardoned one guy. the only thing he was really guilty of was attaching fuck to everything he said.

Jars on
    edited May 2011
    Jars wrote: »
    I pardoned one guy. the only thing he was really guilty of was attaching fuck to everything he said.

Didn't know George Carlin played LoL.

Priest on
    edited May 2011
    So far my favorite report:

Went 0-4 top and purposefully sold all items, deserves death penalty - please administer
    Intentionally feeding

Legen Dairy on
  • SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    oh man... the tribunal is basically just a comedy goldmine.

I'm looking at one case right now... every single report is by an enemy player, most of the games all five enemies reported him. <3 premades.

Sokpuppet on
  • UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    This should be Riot's next product. I can derive many lulz from tribunal

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Squidget0 wrote: »
    So the Tribunal just came up, still in pre-release. You can review three cases. Mine were all pretty clear cases of intentional feeding.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal

It's fun! Give it a go!
    13. Skip is a great option
    If for whatever reason you don't want to vote on this case (but you want to continue voting on cases), feel free to skip the case. It won't count toward your cases reviewed today, and the case will still be high in the queue for other Tribunal members to vote on.

Well, this is wrong, fyi.

Interesting though.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Slicer wrote: »

I'm hoping the number you get to do per day goes up as you do more / side with the majority more. I could seriously do this instead of playing LoL, even without an IP reward, and write it off as community service.

Looks like that is indeed the case
    Judge cases wisely and you won't need to! Spend that time deliberating on your decisions and you'll be rewarded with extra votes per day over time

Slicer on
    edited May 2011
    So now that I've completed my three cases for the day, based on the small sample size:

I really like the way they have it set up. Everything is clear, concise, and all the information you need is right there. I made sure to go through 5-8 games per person to make sure it wasn't just a single bad game/day, but a pattern of behavior.

Has anyone run into any cases where it was a clear pardon? How many games did you look at before making your decision?

It seems that in order for someone to even make the Tribunal, they have to be reported by a minimum of 3+ people and in a large number of games. So I'm wondering what cases of pardon will look like since you're clearly impacting dozens of players enough that they report you before you even get to the Tribunal.

Legen Dairy on
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    accidentally left my AS runes and defensive masteries on malzahar. still went 17/3. if malzahar loses mid to someone I have yet to meet them

Jars on
  • Juice.900Juice.900 Registered User new member
    edited May 2011
    Fresh PA account and just dinged 30 last night! Anyone down for some games?

Juice.900 on
    edited May 2011
    Juice.900 wrote: »
    Fresh PA account and just dinged 30 last night! Anyone down for some games?

Join the Penny Arcade channel in-game or hop on PA vent and start asking for invites!

Ellthiteren on
    edited May 2011
    Mmm. Just had a fun time trolling another player. Solo Queue, guy's name is "IMidOrIFeed." Instalocks Ashe and declares mid. We proceed to carefully line up ganks in chat, hiding in bushes, and just as we pretend to commit, he runs in, we retreat, he dies.

Takes him like 9 deaths before he realizes this. To which we all respond. "Your name really needs to be IMidAndIFeed." He ragequits at 20 minutes, we proceed to win 4v5.

Priest on
  • nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    i like this tribunal thing, this is great

best one so far: an account i'm pretty sure was made purely for trolling named like aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaab

he was renekton, intentionally feeding and had nothing but 4 mejai's books and 2 AP tomes. he had multiple games that were that way. stacking stupid items and all the reports were "intentionally feeding"

stack dem mejai's

wait no you're stacking them wrong...

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So now that I've completed my three cases for the day, based on the small sample size:

I really like the way they have it set up. Everything is clear, concise, and all the information you need is right there. I made sure to go through 5-8 games per person to make sure it wasn't just a single bad game/day, but a pattern of behavior.

Has anyone run into any cases where it was a clear pardon? How many games did you look at before making your decision?

It seems that in order for someone to even make the Tribunal, they have to be reported by a minimum of 3+ people and in a large number of games. So I'm wondering what cases of pardon will look like since you're clearly impacting dozens of players enough that they report you before you even get to the Tribunal.

One of the red named guys on the riot forums made a good point that this is basically the worst of the worst and as these people get banned the decisions will become more nuanced.

The third guy I got, for most of his games he was just pretty ragey, although I still punished him for the racial slurs he used in a few games. I think for people like that though a warning would be enough to get them to smarten up.

Asiina on
  • AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    nealcm wrote: »
    i like this tribunal thing, this is great

best one so far: an account i'm pretty sure was made purely for trolling named like aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaab

he was renekton, intentionally feeding and had nothing but 4 mejai's books and 2 AP tomes. he had multiple games that were that way. stacking stupid items and all the reports were "intentionally feeding"

stack dem mejai's

wait no you're stacking them wrong...

The first guy I got, ever game he'd die once or twice in the first few minutes and then just stack zeals and BoM while running into towers for the rest of the game.

Some of the reports were pretty desperate pleas for this kind of asshole to be perma-banned.

I thoroughly enjoyed punishing that bastard.

Asiina on
  • zerg rushzerg rush Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Have they mentioned if the tribunal is going to reward people who side with the majority opinion, or with a super-moderator's opinion?

zerg rush on
  • OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

1b-RDsG4xjnDANnuiGqd.jpg

Yeah I think FeedFest has played with TSM before? He is well known in the high Elo circles as being kind of a jerk, who often gives up on games and trolls or i-feeds, when he gets pissed off.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
    edited May 2011
    I cautiously await the day that PA people start reporting other PA people, followed by PA people judging other PA People.

That day will be filled with fun screenshots.

Priest on
  • Squidget0Squidget0 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    It's the 'correct' decision as decided by the votes, but not necessarily the majority opinion. They haven't said what the exact vote thresholds for each case are, but it's apparently not just a simple majority. That should help account for people just randomly clicking 'Punish' trying to get free IP.

I wonder how many times Grackis has been judged.

Squidget0 on
  • Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I just found this game...

Can I play with you cool kids?

Casually Hardcore on
  • NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

1b-RDsG4xjnDANnuiGqd.jpg

Hey I got this dude to. Unsurprisingly he was a flagrant flagrant feeder. Like, boots 5 and 5x zeal so he could feed faster.
    Edit: As for how I decided I only looked at a couple each time, the first one I looked at he started calling everyone the n-word and I don't care if thats just one game, goose needs to be banned.

Neaden on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    All three cases I reviewed were open and shut. Feels good man.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    zerg rush wrote: »
    Have they mentioned if the tribunal is going to reward people who side with the majority opinion, or with a super-moderator's opinion?

Majority opinion.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Help me improve this, cass:

Any enemy with half a brain can see a Vayne/Swain pain train in lane will cut them in twain.

emnmnme on
    edited May 2011
    my god

it's so beautiful i'm afraid to touch it

• CrownAxeCrownAxe Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Help me improve this, cass:

Any enemy with half a brain can see a Vayne/Swain pain train in lane will cut them in twain.

leave blood stains
    total disdain
    nothing to gain
    that combo will be my bane

CrownAxe on
    AwesomeSig.jpg