As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] - Where we talk about Electric Light Orchestra

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    emnmnme on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm pretty sure they mentioned that the tribunal is rewarding people who side with Riot's end decision, not the majority.

e: From the FAQ:
    9. Can I expect a reward for assisting the Tribunal?

Yes! If your recommendation matches the final verdict, you will receive a reward in the form of Influence Points (an indeterminate amount, but likely comparable to that gained by a few hours of gameplay) for your civil service. However, if you vote on a case, and the majority disagrees with your assessment, you’ll receive no rewards. The system is designed in this manner in order to create an incentive for Tribunal members to render thoughtful, intelligent decisions on each and every case that they evaluate.

We will also be taking into account the frequency with which a Tribunal member votes against the majority in order to weed out those players who are either voting excessively erratically, out of touch with the general will of the community, or deliberately attempting to disrupt consensus.

Now, this is confused by the followup that says "if the majority disagrees with your assessment", however looking further into the FAQ we can see this:
    You always have the option to submit an appeal to our Customer Support Team, but it is extremely unlikely that we will decide to rescind a permanent ban. This is largely because all permanent bans are distributed manually, after careful review of all the evidence, which is generally pretty conclusive.

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Stream for some high rated team vs some other high rated team

http://www.leagueoflegendsstreams.com/home/showstream.php?a=17484&b=esl.lol

projectmayhem on
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Man what

@ was to Priest's post about trollin above, forgot to refresh

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    nealcm wrote: »
    i like this tribunal thing, this is great

best one so far: an account i'm pretty sure was made purely for trolling named like aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaab

he was renekton, intentionally feeding and had nothing but 4 mejai's books and 2 AP tomes. he had multiple games that were that way. stacking stupid items and all the reports were "intentionally feeding"

stack dem mejai's

wait no you're stacking them wrong...

I had that guy as my first case too. He was such an asshole/troll.

Naphtali on
  • Options
    CrownAxeCrownAxe Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm pretty sure they mentioned that the tribunal is rewarding people who side with Riot's end decision, not the majority.

e: From the FAQ:
    9. Can I expect a reward for assisting the Tribunal?

Yes! If your recommendation matches the final verdict, you will receive a reward in the form of Influence Points (an indeterminate amount, but likely comparable to that gained by a few hours of gameplay) for your civil service. However, if you vote on a case, and the majority disagrees with your assessment, you’ll receive no rewards. The system is designed in this manner in order to create an incentive for Tribunal members to render thoughtful, intelligent decisions on each and every case that they evaluate.

We will also be taking into account the frequency with which a Tribunal member votes against the majority in order to weed out those players who are either voting excessively erratically, out of touch with the general will of the community, or deliberately attempting to disrupt consensus.

Now, this is confused by the followup that says "if the majority disagrees with your assessment", however looking further into the FAQ we can see this:
    You always have the option to submit an appeal to our Customer Support Team, but it is extremely unlikely that we will decide to rescind a permanent ban. This is largely because all permanent bans are distributed manually, after careful review of all the evidence, which is generally pretty conclusive.

In the case of permanent bans their are super mods that control the verdict. But for temp bans and suspensions it's majority rules from players.

Not a conflict, just different circumstances

CrownAxe on
    AwesomeSig.jpg
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    All three cases I reviewed were open and shut. Feels good man.

seriously

jesus christ it wasn't even close

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    OLAF.jpg

kennen.jpg

junglerammus.jpg

More paints for BAGEL.

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    rammus looks way too happy

maybe he hit a teemo shroom

Naphtali on
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2011
    OLAF.jpg

kennen.jpg

junglerammus.jpg

More paints for BAGEL.
    rammus looks like how i feel errday

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2011
    Isn't this a high elo player?

1b-RDsG4xjnDANnuiGqd.jpg

I was hoping to get Rak so I can vote Punish w/ a 420 errday note.
    You should tell them I call everyone fat and put my joints out on Pacstar.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    CaenemCaenem Sarasota, FLRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Reading the chat logs of these tribunals is seriously the best thing ever. The 1st 2 I judged I could watch the reported person devolve into an utter ass by the chat. I'd...I'd almost pay to play this Tribunal game.

Caenem on
    But you, pig, are a lucky one. Tell us what we wish to know, and you may yet keep your bacon.
    Nemlock for online gaming
  • Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    all three of my cases involved someone using a certain racial slur

all three of my cases they intentionally fed at least one game

all three of my cases they went AFK for at least one game

free IP here I come

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I had one case where it looked like the guy just had a crap connection, he would get reported by a single enemy or two teammates, he would be level 4 with 1 death from a 20min game. Decided to pardon him... i'm a softie i guess. (Checked 3 matches, and all 3 were the same thing, no shittalk in chat or raging, just him being a low level for the game length.)

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    100% with Vlad solo queue ranked.

... 2-0!

projectmayhem on
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I punished all three of my cases.

First one was some joker with a terrible name who got reported for language and feeding for TWELVE games.

Next to be judged somehow got reported by EVERY enemy player for 10 or so games. I don't know how you do that. It's one thing to troll your own team, but how is it so bad that you troll the opposing team so hard?

After punishing the second player I get my next case and it's...the exact same guy again. I think it may have been a bug, so I skipped and punished the next one. Number Three was full of dem racial slurs.

Then we played a game and Bagel baited a troll Lee Sin on the opposing team into dropping racial slurs just so we could all report him. It was hilariously easy.

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    for some reason I can't do an in game screen capture so I got the next best thing

penta.png

Jars on
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    your SS reminds me that I can almost afford swain

but I already own and use malz frequently. is swain still worth grabbing?

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    swain is 100% cooler than malzahar

and they play nothing alike

DO IT

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    he's super strong but I think he's a harder champion to play than malz who I almost always do well with. you can get around his hardest counters(ignite/exhaust) with a qss. he's the tanky dps of mages

turning into a huge raven is baller as hell

Jars on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    swain is 100% cooler than malzahar

and they play nothing alike

DO IT

i will not allow a post of such import to be bottom'd.

buy swain. he is the greatest champ in the game

he is another champ who I own all the skins of... him and TF (except the ugly jack of hearts and pax tf)

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I was going to buy the Galios but I will wait for wooden robot ball girl. Hopefully it is basically Meg and Gadget from Suikoden.

Frosteey on
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    hit F12 and you can take a screenshot actually (not to a clipboard it creates a TGA in a riot folder somewhere)

i think you can only take one screenshot a game which is really weird, if you try to take a second it will overwrite the first one

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Frosteey wrote: »
    I was going to buy the Galios but I will wait for wooden robot ball girl. Hopefully it is basically Meg and Gadget from Suikoden.

yesyesyesyes

i can't wait for wooden robot ball girl which is what i will only call her now

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Oh man the tribunal is the best thing. So my first case was this Pantheon, who wanted Noc but it was banned because the team wouldn't have first pick and the rest agreed on it so he went Panth, proceeds to feed.

Next game he gets Nocturne, dies twice while attempting ganks and then because swearing at the other team while they just laugh at him and taunt him. Looking through these games he basically feeds if he doesn't get Nocturne, but is a terrible Nocturne and begins feeding in two games he does get him after failed ganks. The best part was the one game he played Nocturne and did respectably he had another person who begins feeding. Delicious, instant karma.

But they don't need to give me IP for this. I'd happily do it for free just to cleanse these guys out of the playing pool.

Kelor on
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    poor riot

this tribunal thing isn't going to take any load at all off their community managers

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Jars wrote: »
    he's super strong but I think he's a harder champion to play than malz who I almost always do well with. you can get around his hardest counters(ignite/exhaust) with a qss. he's the tanky dps of mages

turning into a huge raven is baller as hell

then I'll probably really enjoy him. I <3 tanky dps and anything similar

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Kelor wrote: »
    Oh man the tribunal is the best thing. So my first case was this Pantheon, who wanted Noc but it was banned because the team wouldn't have first pick and the rest agreed on it so he went Panth, proceeds to feed.

Next game he gets Nocturne, dies twice while attempting ganks and then because swearing at the other team while they just laugh at him and taunt him. Looking through these games he basically feeds if he doesn't get Nocturne, but is a terrible Nocturne and begins feeding in two games he does get him after failed ganks. The best part was the one game he played Nocturne and did respectably he had another person who begins feeding. Delicious, instant karma.

But they don't need to give me IP for this. I'd happily do it for free just to cleanse these guys out of the playing pool.

Seriously, of the 3 I reviewed...they were all clearly the kind of players that just ruin games, it wasn't even close. The first one was the only one where I kind of felt for the guy, but even though he mostly built good builds, and other people were saying far worse shit in a few of his games, all 12 of his games in the record featured him shit talking and bitching at his teammates nonstop.

I kind of feel for the people that have to review reports now, that has to be some soul crushing shit.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    The most satisfying part about reading through the chatlogs is when the team manages to overcome the feeder and push on to win in spite of that player.

That Nocturne player's team eventually starts making progress and so it looks like he grudgingly starts helping.

"I thought you weren't helping us Noc?"
    "You're too stupid a group of n*****s to finish it. It'll be faster if I win it for you now"

I've only encountered people like that in perhaps less than a dozen games since I started playing, the bulk of which were leavers. I'm pretty sure giving out lots of details is frowned upon or I'd have copied the chatlog of the game where he went mid against Malzahar at the protest of his team, calling them idiots for doubting him.

He then manages to somehow get himself killed within the next fifty seconds, tells the Malz "that's the only kill you'll get" and then proceeds to get his ass kicked up and down till he resorts to feeding while abusing his team. And another game he refused to cede mid to Karthus as Nocturne, then told the opposing Trist that he wouldn't attack him if the Trist focused on Karthus. Did I mention he must have been typing this in the middle of the lane? Because the entry immediately under that one was abusing the Trist for killing him and that he "only managed it because I was typing."

Kelor on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    226226_639196723008_52703356_34102253_1946819_n.jpg

:lol:

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Love shen.

Varega on
    League of Legends:Varega
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    i hope you pardon'd that awesome dude

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Oh man that Noc is the dude I was talking about before.

He posts that at the start of every match, then runs to mid and feeds unless he gets it.

Edit: Also the dude fucking loves himself some bloodthirsters and phantom dancers. It's all he builds after Berserkers.

Kelor on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    nealcm wrote: »
    i hope you pardon'd that awesome dude

It was posted in our local LoL Facebook group. So it wasn't mine to review.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Kelor wrote: »
    Oh man that Noc is the dude I was talking about before.

He posts that at the start of every match, then runs to mid and feeds unless he gets it.

Edit: Also the dude fucking loves himself some bloodthirsters and phantom dancers. It's all he builds after Berserkers.

way less cool than i thought

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    i got that nocturne

it was my favorite punish yet

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Mmm, only a few more random beat ups before my ELO is back to where I can play bad people, I hope. 'cause I'm terrible.

OnTheLastCastle on
  • Options
    Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    It pains me, but I have to hand it to riot. The tribunal is the greatest ting they've ever done. I am drooling at the thought of threating people with tribunal retribution. It won't make people play better, but atleast it will hopefully get rid of feeders/afk assholes, ect.

Minerva_SC on
    "If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    i have seen the n-word more times from doing my tribunal cases than i ever have in my entire life

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    SuMa.LustreSuMa.Lustre Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I actually really love the tribunal too

it is the perfect combination of entertaining and useful

SuMa.Lustre on