As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] - Where we talk about Electric Light Orchestra

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I could do some Tribunal shit all day. I love it. Some of these quotes are great. Just the vitriol and malice that some people spew forth.

MegaMan001 on
    I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    BlizzyDN [11:33:41]: yes
    BlizzyDN [11:33:47]: put me in the tribunal that doesn't exist

Your wish is my command, you racist piece of shit!

Oh man I got this guy too!

message him in game with a screen shot

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    pants still got it!

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    the best is seeing the things people say during verbal abuse to (i assume) bypass word filters or something, that or they just want to brutalize the language they use

pus.yyy
    motehr fvckung

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    Legen DairyLegen Dairy Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    He was a faggot. He would call everyone noobs. When anyone ran he called them cowards. Not a good person to play with or against.
    Verbal Abuse

My favorite report from today. Always a good idea to start your complaint with "He was a faggot."

Legen Dairy on
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    He was a faggot. He would call everyone noobs. When anyone ran he called them cowards. Not a good person to play with or against.
    Verbal Abuse

My favorite report from today. Always a good idea to start your complaint with "He was a faggot."

Reminds me of the Louis C.K. sketch.

OnTheLastCastle on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Draygo wrote: »
    Ryadic wrote: »
    I think the chat log should also record when someone dies. It would really help figure out if someone really is intentionally feeding.

I had a game where someone was reported for intentionally feeding, but they only had 3 deaths in a 20 minute game. Difficult to tell if it was.

Usually with the guys that they put up in the tribunal you can click through a few of the games till you fine one that is completely cut and dry.

First game didnt look bad but oh boy second one boots of mobi + zeal stacking 0/23/X

I posted a feedback thread here, did I miss anything?
    http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=764793

Except that some of the shit that these people do in game is something I've done, too. Just not to that extreme. I'm not going to punish someone based on one game. Could be having a bad day or something. If they have multiple games like that, I'll punish them. So far that's the case, but eventually I expect the tribunal to be filled with people reported for around 4 games rather than 10. You're going to have a much smaller pool to judge from, so each game will matter.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    zerg rushzerg rush Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    The most borderline one I've seen was a guy who had all 4 of his allies report him with no text.

He went 12-8-10~ish and by all accounts was carrying the game.

The entire game he was pinging stuff while telling his allies enemies were incoming, setting up ganks, asking for lanemates to stop pushing and start last hitting, etc. He later got in an argument with Brand over Brand being absolutely terrible and having nothing but boots and an archangels at the end of long game. He never actually outright insulted him and didn't use any slurs or expletives either. It appears that his allies were a preform who all reported him for calling out brand.

So I decided to skip it. Then Amumu the sad mummy told me I've judged enough. Stupid skip option lying to me.

zerg rush on
  • Options
    EllthiterenEllthiteren Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Oh, I definitely punish people based on a single game. Or I would, since I haven't had one yet - they've all been multiple bad games. If you're having a bad day and aren't a silly goose, getting a warning isn't the end of the world and you'll be able to admit it to yourself. If not, well, I sure don't mind seeing them banned.

Ellthiteren on
  • Options
    SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    zerg rush wrote: »
    The most borderline one I've seen was a guy who had all 4 of his allies report him with no text.

The entire game he was pinging stuff while telling his allies enemies were incoming, setting up ganks, asking for lanemates to stop pushing and start last hitting, etc. He later got in an argument with Brand over Brand being absolutely terrible and having nothing but boots and an archangels at the end of long game. He never actually outright insulted him and didn't use any slurs or expletives either. It appears that his allies were a preform who all reported him for calling out brand.

So I decided to skip it. Then Amumu the sad mummy told me I've judged enough. Stupid skip option lying to me.

Yeah I've come across a few reports that were obviously premades coordinating reports on one person for shits and giggles. I saw one guy get reported by all 5 members of the enemy team for verbal abuse even though they started it, and with much harsher language to boot.

Makes me wish there was a "these guys also deserve punishment" option.

Slicer on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Slicer wrote: »

Yeah I've come across a few reports that were obviously premades coordinating reports on one person for shits and giggles. I saw one guy get reported by all 5 members of the enemy team for verbal abuse even though they started it, and with much harsher language to boot.

Makes me wish there was a "these guys also deserve punishment" option.

It would make sense and address this if pardons also were trackbacked to the reporter.

If you keep reporting players that get pardoned then you should have action taken on your account, at the very least your report privileges taken away.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Maybe you can email support explaining that. They might do something to send a message.

OnTheLastCastle on
  • Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I just hit punish on everyone. Free IP lolololololololol

projectmayhem on
  • Options
    InkyblotsInkyblots Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Maybe a report false report option, but then there would have to be report a false report of a false report option....

Inkyblots on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    They should have honeypot reports.

"Reason reported Offensive language: When we were about to lose hope he told us, 'Yet a still more glorious teamfight awaits, not a knockup but an AOE knockup. A teamfight filled with four hundred billion stuns. The dawning of a pentakill ace,' and we demolished them"

"Reason reported Feeding and Trolling: Player mentioned that if you wished to make an Abyssal Scepter from scratch, you must first invent the universe." Meanwhile the player is 45-0-13.

Edit:
    Now I'm sad that I'll never have the chance to play LoL with Carl Sagan :(

zerg rush on
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    They should have honeypot reports.

"Reason reported Feeding and Offensive language: Player mentioned that if we wished to make an Abyssal Scepter from scratch, we must first construct the universe." Meanwhile the player is 45-0-13.

That made me laugh much harder then it should have.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So we just won a game we really should not have.

mordefff.png

Morde basically just farmed and farmed and farmed and by the time teamfights started we were level 8-11 and he was 14. He could basically 2 shot any of us but we'd burst him down if we could catch him and stop him from regening through his ult.

It was basically Morde vs. our team since the rest of his team was basically just there to take up space and feed us.

Asiina on
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Guys! I want to be good in this game? How do I become good in this game?

Casually Hardcore on
  • Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Pick Alistar.

Hit R and then mash Q and W.

Trample people.

Profit.

pyromaniac221 on
    psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Katarina runes.

help

mpen, armor, and mr?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    What kind of mics and headphones is everyone using? The mic went out on my Gamescom 367 headset, so I need a new one.

I ordered a Creative Labs Fatal1ty set. I used them a couple games yesterday and while they are decent (easily adjustable mic), they still don't fit my ears. The Gamescom headset had cups big enough, but they were shallow and made my ears heart after a couple games. The Fatal1ty ones now, my ears don't even fit in side the tiny cups, but even then they are 'more' comfortable than my old ones.

My debate is whether to return the Fatal1ty headset and get something really nice (closer to $100), or just deal with it and get a nice set in a few years. I had the Gamescom ones for a solid three years before the mic finally bit the dust.

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    PriestPriest Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Wow... just played with a lvl 30 Teemo who had 100 wins and NINETY leaves. And he left that game too. Like, to me that should be a perma-ban on that account, or at least like a 2 week ban. I mean, wow. Ninety. And I felt bad for having 1 leave in 100 games.

Priest on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I use a $20 headset I bought 6 years ago

Jars on
  • Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Katarina runes.

help

mpen, armor, and mr?

All AP, start with dorans shield

You got a problem corki?

TIFunkalicious on
  • Options
    Mattitude87Mattitude87 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    TrusPA and I are about to make history - http://www.own3d.tv/live/5043

EDIT: Using trus' stream, it's up now! (11:35 est)

Mattitude87 on
    League of Legends: Mattagascar
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    TrusPA and I are about to make history - http://www.own3d.tv/live/63157/Quest_to_1400_and_beyond_

edit: first time streaming, working on fixing quality for this momentous event.

In the upper right hand corner, it shows you names. Is that for TS or Vent? What's the program called and how exactly does it work?

I remember having something like that long long ago for TeamSpeak but it only worked on Quake 3.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    TrusPA and I are about to make history - http://www.own3d.tv/live/63157/Quest_to_1400_and_beyond_

In the upper right hand corner, it shows you names. Is that for TS or Vent? What's the program called and how exactly does it work?

I remember having something like that long long ago for TeamSpeak but it only worked on Quake 3.

Its called mumble and its great

TIFunkalicious on
  • Options
    SuMa.LustreSuMa.Lustre Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    What kind of mics and headphones is everyone using? The mic went out on my Gamescom 367 headset, so I need a new one.

I ordered a Creative Labs Fatal1ty set. I used them a couple games yesterday and while they are decent (easily adjustable mic), they still don't fit my ears. The Gamescom headset had cups big enough, but they were shallow and made my ears heart after a couple games. The Fatal1ty ones now, my ears don't even fit in side the tiny cups, but even then they are 'more' comfortable than my old ones.

My debate is whether to return the Fatal1ty headset and get something really nice (closer to $100), or just deal with it and get a nice set in a few years. I had the Gamescom ones for a solid three years before the mic finally bit the dust.

the general rule of thumb is don't get any "gaming" headsets, they tend to be overpriced and gimmicky

I personally love anything sennheiser so yeah

SuMa.Lustre on
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

the general rule of thumb is don't get any "gaming" headsets, they tend to be overpriced and gimmicky

Yeah, I know some 'gaming' headsets can be overpriced, unfortunately it's some times because they are awesome.
    Last year at PAX when Luny, Urquan and I played the LoL tourney, they had Astro Gaming A40 headsets, and they were the most comfortable I've ever used. But they're $200...
    I think for now I'm just going to deal with it and keep the Fatal1ty set. It's not great, but it was $30, so whatever.

Custom Special on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Katarina runes.

help

mpen, armor, and mr?

All AP, start with dorans shield

You got a problem corki?

wait what

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MaikkunMaikkun Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    SO i'm learning to Xin Zhao. I am learning jungling and I'm getting pretty good with amumu and i'm really trying to be good with xin zhao. While the last couple games the enemies have been really bad and i've been crushing them, i feel like i'm not actually doing that well. is there something particularily effective you guys all like? or is he just better in lane? I'm not sure whats the best way to go.

i don't have all the best runes yet, but i do have some AS and some health stuff. i've been using mpen because that's what i have for amumu.

Thought?

Maikkun on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I decided to try this streaming thing. Anyone want to watch me fail at a game or two of LoL, here's the link:

http://www.own3d.tv/Ryadic

I'll probably end up playing Rift for anyone that wants to watch me do some PvP.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

Its called mumble and its great

Sounds like we should be trollin.

Ridin' dirty.

Elementalor on
    Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    FlipprDolphinFlipprDolphin Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    i got trolled 2 games in a row

2nd game we had a kat who just stacked gunblades, a morde who fed the whole game, and a shen who didnt seem to do much of anything

then my team laughed and made fun of me because i bought a quicksilver sash and we were fighting malzahar and a warwick

i had to mid against malzahar too, which didnt go that well even with a bunch of magic resist. malz would just hop to another lane and kill someone

i had malz low a few times, but no one on my team ever came to help

and we had a veigar who didnt do anything either. was like a 45 min game and he had 83 minion kills.

FlipprDolphin on
  • Options
    TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

Yeah, I know some 'gaming' headsets can be overpriced, unfortunately it's some times because they are awesome.
    Last year at PAX when Luny, Urquan and I played the LoL tourney, they had Astro Gaming A40 headsets, and they were the most comfortable I've ever used. But they're $200...
    I think for now I'm just going to deal with it and keep the Fatal1ty set. It's not great, but it was $30, so whatever.

i just bought a $20 rockwill headset off newegg (it was on sale!) because my left ear went out... i blame you mostly for jinxing me by talking about it. i usually go with plantronics though. i have one of their headsets sitting unopened, if this new one doesn't work out.

i hate you fallout.

TyrantCow on
  • Options
    edited May 2011

I have a pair of Sennheiser wireless headphones. They're heavier than most headphones, but really nice. They costs about $50-80, but they're much more robust since the cords can't get broken. That's how I lost my last 3 pairs of headphones.

The real advantage is being completely free to move around the house while still listening to stuff. It's an amazing increase in utility that blows away any other headphones I've had before. I can't imagine how I lived without them. I'm free to keep listening to streams/podcasts/day[9] while I'm doing stuff around the house. I'm not tied to my computer while I'm in queue, and I can come back when I hear that I've been selected. I'm free to go pee during raids without missing out on anything (back when I played MMOs that is).

I'd highly reccomend them.

zerg rush on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Wearing my Astro A40s right now. They're amazing. Quick disconnect cable lets me plug them into the mixamp for 360 and my comp in a second.

OnTheLastCastle on
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    heh, another swain game with 10+ kills and I didn't die.

was 2v1 top vs a solo veigar, had mao attached to the hip to make setting up my spells a snap

we shit all over that lane, no matter how many people they sent at us

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Legen DairyLegen Dairy Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I forgot how much I enjoyed a good MF stomping:
    fKj-p2h9laLaXOvRm--c.jpg

Our Gangplank right before the game ended: "I'm embarrassed for being worried when I saw the Malady."

Legen Dairy on
  • Options
    edited May 2011

I have a pair of Sennheiser wireless headphones. They're heavier than most headphones, but really nice. They costs about $50-80, but they're much more robust since the cords can't get broken. That's how I lost my last 3 pairs of headphones.

The real advantage is being completely free to move around the house while still listening to stuff. It's an amazing increase in utility that blows away any other headphones I've had before. I can't imagine how I lived without them. I'm free to keep listening to streams/podcasts/day[9] while I'm doing stuff around the house. I'm not tied to my computer while I'm in queue, and I can come back when I hear that I've been selected. I'm free to go pee during raids without missing out on anything (back when I played MMOs that is).

I'd highly reccomend them.

What model Sennheisers are you using? And do they make any models with mics, or do you just use a seperate mic (or not use one)?

And Moo, you know you love me.

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

Custom Special on