As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dr. Gregory House M.D.] Thread

LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
edited June 2011 in Debate and/or Discourse
Old thread got locked. Season finale is tonight, yo.

Lets talk about House.

300px-House_logo.svg.png

Lucascraft on

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Stumbled across this earlier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfChpBtPK2Y

emnmnme on
  • Options
    smeejsmeej Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I hope half the episode isnt dedicated to saying goodbye to Cuddy because her contract is up!

smeej on
    IT'S A SAD THING THAT YOUR ADVENTURES HAVE ENDED HERE!!
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I will not get to watch this until tomorrow at the earliest.

Also, I love spoilers, so...yeah, someone spoil that crap.

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Huh...

Bullio on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    useless4useless4 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    That was probably the second most satisfying season closer this year (the first being community, third being the mentalist) ... everything else has just been underwhelmingly blah. Funny how House and Mentalist had a "F IT" attitude going out.

useless4 on
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    What he did to Cuddy was dumb even by House standards.

Invisible on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Oh yea but for a show that continuously is rumored to end with House killing himself it makes sense in-show context.

I go with this: it's a satisfying non-expected send off for Cuddy. It's one of the extreme few interesting things that has happened this May for season finales. It's game changing only because we know she won't be back next year so it's pretty easy to write around but could offer up some fun at the start of the season.

useless4 on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    You people are killing me. If you're going to talk about it, toss up some sblocks and talk about it! I need spoilers.

Tox on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Tox wrote: »
    You people are killing me. If you're going to talk about it, toss up some sblocks and talk about it! I need spoilers.

Ok here you go you probably will doubt this is true.
    Cuddy tries with house and fails to get through. She takes and has a male single friend of her sister's over to the house for a semi-double date thing we don't find out much about.

It's because upon seeing this - house and wilson drive over to return her comb she left at the house - house kicks wilson out of the car and then proceeds to drive it THROUGH the house.

Cut to him hiding out in a beachy type place looking pleased as shit. End season.

Oh and taub's wife is also pregnant

useless4 on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Okay, that last one? Awesome. The rest, uhm....guess I'll have to wait to see it to understand it.

Tox on
  • Options
    RhalloTonnyRhalloTonny Of the BrownlandsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Wilson: What are you mad about? Just let it out, you'll feel better.
    House drives through a house.

On ways to write Cutty out of the show, that's certainly an unexpected one.

RhalloTonny on
    !
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    The way they played it out at the very end was funny and all, but...
    For all House knew, weren't they all still sitting at the table when he gunned it? I mean, he played it off as "lol here's your comb," but did he just try and murder like 5 people?

I didn't get the feeling that the show wanted us to think of it that way, but I can't think of an explanation where House wasn't still thinking they were there as he drove into the wall.

rndmhero on
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    rndmhero wrote: »
    The way they played it out at the very end was funny and all, but...
    For all House knew, weren't they all still sitting at the table when he gunned it? I mean, he played it off as "lol here's your comb," but did he just try and murder like 5 people?

I didn't get the feeling that the show wanted us to think of it that way, but I can't think of an explanation where House wasn't still thinking they were there as he drove into the wall.
    I'm sure his physician senses allowed him to know where they were.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Oh, fuck you, local Fox station. I dont need three of your fat weathermen telling me the weather is bad outside ten hours ago. I have a the Internet and work in a shelter in place. What I want from you is to see the first half of House, assholes.

Sigh. Is it like a week until Hulu? Or two?

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    The DagonThe Dagon Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    deowolf wrote: »
    Oh, fuck you, local Fox station. I dont need three of your fat weathermen telling me the weather is bad outside ten hours ago. I have a the Internet and work in a shelter in place. What I want from you is to see the first half of House, assholes.

House is on an 8 day delay. Unless you have Hulu Plus, then you can watch it right now.

So what's this thing about Cuddy's contract? She's leaving the show? Does she hate money?

The Dagon on
    Steam ID : TheDagon
    PSN : TheDagon
    Pretty much every game ever : TheDagon
  • Options
    evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    pretty much the worse season ender ever.
    where are they gonna take it from here?
    House: Bahamas?

evilthecat on
    tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    This thread should no longer be about House, it should be about how awesome Hugh Laurie is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1x7AeEogGM

So awesome.

Whose car was it that was driven through Cuddy's house? Either way, why would the head of oncology or a celebrated diagnostician have such a shitty ride?

chamberlain on
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    This thread should no longer be about House, it should be about how awesome Hugh Laurie is.

So awesome.

Whose car was it that was driven through Cuddy's house? Either way, why would the head of oncology or a celebrated diagnostician have such a shitty ride?
    Think House has a bike (so it's not his), but IIRC Wilson has been through a number of divorces, so he may just be broke.

a5ehren on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So next season on both House and The Mentalist we're going to have the title character undergoing criminal prosecution?

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So next season on both House and The Mentalist we're going to have the title character undergoing criminal prosecution?
    Season premiere will be House walking up in the mental hospital. This whole season was a dream.

chamberlain on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Season premiere will be House walking up in the mental hospital. This whole season was a dream.
    Didn't they already do that two or three seasons ago though?

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    But, then...who shot JR?

Tox on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Seems to me like a lot of season finales I've watched this year really went for more of an under-played ending. Nothing too flashy or crazy.
    I mean, sure, the car through the house thing was pretty insane, but it wasn't really season finale insane. The episode where he jumped off the balcony into the swimming pool was crazier than this was.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    smeejsmeej Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    The Dagon wrote: »
    deowolf wrote: »

House is on an 8 day delay. Unless you have Hulu Plus, then you can watch it right now.

So what's this thing about Cuddy's contract? She's leaving the show? Does she hate money?
    http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/05/17/lisa-edelstein-leaving-house/

Speaking of lots of money, that's how they are keeping Wilson on the show. :p

smeej on
    IT'S A SAD THING THAT YOUR ADVENTURES HAVE ENDED HERE!!
  • Options
    ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I have to say, with the kind of crap the seventh season is pulling, I'm surprised *anyone* is staying on. Here they've only shown the first 7-8 episodes, but the writing and especially the characterisation are so painfully and embarrassingly lazy that even Hugh Laurie is almost not enough of a reason to keep watching.

Thirith on
    webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    That was a super weak ending. It just made no sense. The case and the stuff with the flashbacks to the start was just nonsense. Booo.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    a5ehren wrote: »

So awesome.

Think House has a bike (so it's not his), but IIRC Wilson has been through a number of divorces, so he may just be broke.

It had a handicap plate so...

Invisible on
  • Options
    MushroomStickMushroomStick Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Invisible wrote: »
    a5ehren wrote: »

So awesome.

It had a handicap plate so...
    That's been his car since pretty early on in the series. If you recall, its the car he had all the doctors wash when he was searching for a new team back in season 4.

MushroomStick on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    The Mentalist ending was better I will give them that.
    From day one Patrick Jane said what he would do when he found Red John.
    I seriously think the series just should end there. It would be satisfying.

The one that really pisses me off is NCIS and I won't even spoiler tag this BS.
    For a show that lives in endless repeats they simply turned on USA , took down plot lines and did a find and replace for their last two episodes.
    1. The mentor guy dies, but that's ok he was going to die anyway. They did this with the previous director too!
    2. OH NO A TRAITOR IN OUR MISTS AND IT's ONE OF US. WE CAN'T LET THE TEAM KNOW THOUGH!
    We did this like two seasons ago too.

useless4 on
  • Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    That was a super weak ending. It just made no sense. The case and the stuff with the flashbacks to the start was just nonsense. Booo.

The way I understood it,
    House wanted to put a definitive ending on the whole Cuddy thing. He fucked up their relationship. He's been miserable and slowly killing himself throughout the season, trying desperately to be happy. Now he just wanted it to be over, so he did something Cuddy wouldn't be able to forgive.

And then he fled the country.

He's trying to start over in a different place with different people and different things. Wilson predicted that House would be in the most dark depressing bar in town, drinking his misery away, because that's his usual pattern. House broke that pattern by going to a sunny beach. So what does that mean? Listen to the song playing in the background in the final scene.

And I got nothing to lose but darkness and shadows
    Got nothing to lose but bitterness and patterns

House reached the point where he was better off leaving his whole life behind. The episode is called "moving on" and that's exactly what House did. Everyone wanted him to do so by his exploring his feelings in healthy, adult manner. Instead, House was House.

Someone posted that everyone thought the show would end with House committing suicide. In a sense, he did. He fled everything he knew and burned all the bridged behind him. The last scene is House starting a new life.

The question is, will it work?

Well, it better because it's all House has left. The episode ended on a hopeful note, but if House fucks this up too, then suicide really is his only option. The problem is that the writers cannot continue the show in the Bahamas. They'll need some clever excuse to continue this story back in New Jersey.

The flashbacks were there to create suspense.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    useless4 wrote: »
    The Mentalist ending was better I will give them that.
    From day one Patrick Jane said what he would do when he found Red John.
    I seriously think the series just should end there. It would be satisfying.

The one that really pisses me off is NCIS and I won't even spoiler tag this BS.
    For a show that lives in endless repeats they simply turned on USA , took down plot lines and did a find and replace for their last two episodes.
    1. The mentor guy dies, but that's ok he was going to die anyway. They did this with the previous director too!
    2. OH NO A TRAITOR IN OUR MISTS AND IT's ONE OF US. WE CAN'T LET THE TEAM KNOW THOUGH! We did this like two seasons ago too.

You should spoiler this BS. Spoiler it right now.

This is a thread for House M.D. and you just spoiled two other shows for me.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Man, that would rock if the season premiere for next season starts with House in the Big House.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Why the fuck did the bring masters in, just to kick her off?

fuck this season.

Jokerman on
  • Options
    SagrothSagroth Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Not happy with this season. I would've been far happier if they'd just ended things last season with House in therapy and with Cuddy. Not saying that they would live happily ever after or anything, but that there was hope. Just end the show there on a hopeful note. But, "money lulz."

This...well...
    I think they hurt the character of House far more in doing what he did than if they'd let us think that perhaps the relationship could have worked. I'd rather a somewhat-hard-to-believe slow character change to a better person than oh hey attempted murder, especially when one of them is a child who reached out to me while I was in a hospital bed.

Anyway, I'm done with the show, I think. If I can drop Bones mid-season when that harlot started dating Booth and I realized they'd always keep Bones and Booth not a couple, I can do this, too. And Fox canceled Lie to Me this past week, too. I've run out of shows of theirs to give a crap about, now.

Sagroth on
    3DS Code: 5155-3087-0800
  • Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Jokerman wrote: »

fuck this season.

My guess is that it had something to do with Olivia Wilde's press tour for Tron: Legacy. After that was over? Aside from maybe having other projects to work on, I really don't know.

Bullio on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Not happy with this season. I would've been far happier if they'd just ended things last season with House in therapy and with Cuddy. Not saying that they would live happily ever after or anything, but that there was hope. Just end the show there on a hopeful note. But, "money lulz."

This...well...
    I think they hurt the character of House far more in doing what he did than if they'd let us think that perhaps the relationship could have worked. I'd rather a somewhat-hard-to-believe slow character change to a better person than oh hey attempted murder, especially when one of them is a child who reached out to me while I was in a hospital bed.

Anyway, I'm done with the show, I think. If I can drop Bones mid-season when that harlot started dating Booth and I realized they'd always keep Bones and Booth not a couple, I can do this, too. And Fox canceled Lie to Me this past week, too. I've run out of shows of theirs to give a crap about, now.

Bones spoiler
    Booth has impregnated Bones the oldfashioned way, so it's likely they'll at least be more of a couple next season.

Invisible on
  • Options
    BerkshireBerkshire Earth Federal Forces MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I liked this episode, personally. House represents a notion that the dark little part of me that is House-like is okay. He's the anathema to a lot of things our society values- counterculture in one crippled asshole.

When they started to make him happy by putting him in a relationship with Cuddy, I felt like it was a cop out, a paean to the "OMG HAPPY ENDINGS!!1" crowd that keeps the romantic comedy genre alive. It looks like some people here felt that way too, but liked it. I get that- real life is depressing, and fiction means we can make anything we want happen. But life ain't perfect, and neither is our leading man. You want perfect characters who end up happy, again there's a ton of romantic comedies that turn out magically, or most other shows on TV fit the bill.

So refreshing to see the happy ending ruined for once. I hope House never changes.

Berkshire on
    "And don't you ever stand for that sort of thing. Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back."
    GT: FootlongKaPow
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I'm fine with them not being together, but
    attempted murder/suicide was a little much. House just tried to murder 5 people, even if he somehow knew they weren't in that room, he had no idea where the debris would end up, if it would cause parts of the house to collapse, etc.

I thought House was supposed to be a jerk not a monster.

Invisible on
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Bullio wrote: »
    Jokerman wrote: »

fuck this season.

My guess is that it had something to do with Olivia Wilde's press tour for Tron: Legacy. After that was over? Aside from maybe having other projects to work on, I really don't know.

Yeah, they needed a female to fill in for Wilde temporarily. I was sad when she left, though, because the dynamic created between her idealism and House's misanthropy was so much fun to watch.

I've only been watching House for a little while now, finally caught up a few weeks ago, and I guess being a short time fan changes my perspective. I enjoyed this season as much as the rest. In fact, no other TV series I've watched that has been on for nearly this long has kept my attention like House.

And I second the sadness over Lie To Me being cancelled. That show was incredible.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    KirbithKirbith I appear to be made of delicious cake. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I am just... really disappointed.

Pretty much since they got rid of Kutner by having him, ya know, kill himself when the actor wanted off the show, the show has been in a downward spiral for me.

And the season finale was just the epitome of dumb.
    Sorry lulz I'm mad, gotta fuck up your house now.

Oh and then I'm on a tropical island! Woooo!

So my bet is on either House somehow escaping the punishment he deserves or mental hospital again.

Just a bad way to end the whole thing with Cuddy.

Kirbith on
    Backloggery | Steam - Kirbith | PSN - Kirbith | 3DS: 4957-2249-4817