Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Buying New Monitor. Suggestions?

TrivialTrivial Registered User
edited May 2011 in Games and Technology
My old 19' LG monitor is starting to give so I figure it's about time I upgrade. I was thinking something around 22'-23' (1920x1080) for mostly gaming, watching movies, and browsing ze web.
Besides the MS response, what should I be looking for when purchasing?

Thanks.

- Triv
Trivial on

• harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Go all-out and get a 120Hz monitor! I've got a pair of SyncMaster 2233 (22" 1680x1050, I'm sure they make a 1080p model) and I love them.

harvest on
    B6yM5w2.gif
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    A lot of the specifications trumpeted by monitor manufacturers are smoke and mirrors based on no actual standard. ("Our black is, like, really black. The blackest. Blacker than black.") Take them with a grain of salt.

This should be moved to the Technology Tavern.

Gaslight on
    bowen wrote: »
    The bacteria in your poop exist everywhere.
  • TrivialTrivial Registered User
    edited May 2011
    harvest wrote: »
    Go all-out and get a 120Hz monitor! I've got a pair of SyncMaster 2233 (22" 1680x1050, I'm sure they make a 1080p model) and I love them.

Those are too much $$$ for me. I only have about $200 (CDN) to spend.

Trivial on
    - Triv