As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Screen displaying weird artifacts/won't load windows

OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripateticRegistered User regular
edited May 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
My work computer just crashed. It started displaying lots of multicolored lines and artifacts, then it blue screened for a second and crashed. I restarted and there are still blue/multicolored lines in the bios loading and bios screen. If I try to go into windows again, it blue screens after that loading screen.

Sounds like the graphics card? But would I see those artifacts on the BIOS screen w/ a bad graphics card?

I have a newsletter to be sent out tomorrow morning, of course, and had just started my print run. Worst possible time to crash! I'm going to go try a DVI connection (we were using vga) and then maybe either get a cheap temp graphics card to check or go to a local repair place and see if they can diagnose it quickly.

edit: This is the PC: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227290

OnTheLastCastle on

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Sounds like the graphics card? But would I see those artifacts on the BIOS screen w/ a bad graphics card?

Yes

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    It was the graphics card. Y'know a lot of stores don't fucking sell fucking graphics cards anymore? I went into the saddest computer store on the fucking planet! Thankfully, there was a best buy 15 or so minutes away and I got a cheap nvidia card.

(not actually mad, just going to be here for a loooooooooooooong time at work now!)

OnTheLastCastle on
This discussion has been closed.