As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

My latest AMV - any Motoko Kusanagi fans in the house?

CorpsegoddessCorpsegoddess Registered User regular
edited May 2011 in Artist's Corner
Yes, it's a weird combo, but I think it works. Any feedback is always welcome!

Motoko Flow

Corpsegoddess on

• Options
    Arden CaneloArden Canelo Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I has been entertained. Felt a little long at first, but the visuals matching the beat/rhythm kinda made up for it.

Arden Canelo on
  • Options
    The_Glad_HatterThe_Glad_Hatter One Sly Fox Underneath a Groovy HatRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Might sound stupid, but what exactly is this?
    A remontage of manga images? Or are any of the visuals self-made?

Either way, if it's just about the montage, it's pretty on-spot with the timing, and diverse enough to be interesting to people whoe aren't fans of motoko kusanagi (never heard of 'em).

The_Glad_Hatter on
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Lead character in the long-running Ghost in the Shell series of books, TV series, games, disappointing Oshii films, etc., by Shirow Masamune.

I thought it was pretty good. I used to do AMVs (a few of mine are on YouTube, like everyone else alive), you used the song pretty good, which is always important (and I would not have considered myself given the song). Good use of footage from the second version of the first movie, I would have preferred more from the TV series (particularly the second season), but again, matter of personal preference.

Strangely, though I did about a half-dozen AMVs over the last few years, I never did one for GitS, despite being a huge, overgushing fan of almost all of it. Again, nice work (and an extra point for calling her "Motoko Kusanagi"--for some reason, it drives me nutty when people call her by her given name).

Synthesis on
  • Options
    CorpsegoddessCorpsegoddess Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Might sound stupid, but what exactly is this?
    A remontage of manga images? Or are any of the visuals self-made?

Either way, if it's just about the montage, it's pretty on-spot with the timing, and diverse enough to be interesting to people whoe aren't fans of motoko kusanagi (never heard of 'em).

It's an anime music video--basically a remix. Editors take anime, cut it up, and then remix it to music or dialogue using a video editing program (I use Adobe Premiere Pro). Sometimes this is done for comedic or ironic effect, sometimes it's done for lyric or visual sync; with this particular video, I was going for more of an overall ambient theme. There are so many gorgeous surreal images in the various Ghost In the Shell animes that I thought would fit with the song, so that was my aim.

Mototko Kusanagi is the woman in the video--she's the main character in the Ghost In the Shell anime series.

If you're interested in seeing other kinds of videos, you can check out my YouTube channel:

Corpsegoddess' vids on the Tube

Corpsegoddess on