As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[STEAM] We cant find anything unless its ad takes up 3/4ths of the Store page

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    harvest wrote: »
    I also hotly anticipate Steam sales. I don't usually actually buy what's offered, but I love the anticipation.

This is the primary difference, and one of us is doing it wrong.

I fear its probably me, though.

chocobolicious on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    You can tell if you're doing it wrong because your games list will start to scroll down past the bottom of the page.
    Mine is about 2 pages tall

harvest on
    B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Dammit, I left steam downloading SC: Conviction when I went to bed last night. I woke up this morning and Steam had shut down. I fired it up and SC:C had only downloaded 30%. WTF?

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Lawndart wrote: »
    I do hope Kasumi and Shadow Broker go on sale before I get to Omega. Then again, seeing as how I own NWN2, Dragon Age, Jade Empire, Arcanum, PS:T and KotOR, but have only finished the last two, it's entirely possible that I'll get bogged down somewhere in ME and not finish it for ages.

I don't think the ME2 DLC has ever gone on sale, so you might as well pony up the Bioware funbucks now.

I did finally get around to finishing Jade Empire this month, so now I can officially mope about there never being a sequel.

All of the ME2 DLC went on sale on XBL; got ALL of it for about $10.

Of course, I lost my 360 before I got to play any of it . . .

AuburnTiger on
    XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I've been playing Rainbox Six: Vegas 2 for the last few hours, and it is so much fun.

And yes, I broke down and bought both. Everyone told me that 1 has a great campaign mode, but after I got it, I found out my roommates have 2.

Man, the bots are crazy though.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Wow, I did pretty good limiting myself for most of last week. I picked up PoP:SoT. Then I grabbed FC1. And now I'm patting myself on the back for having the self control to have only spent a total of $5 on two games. And then yesterday's Tom Clancy sale hits. And now I own GR, GR: DS, GR: IT, SC: CT, SC: Con, R6V1, and R6V2.

D:

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    TheCanMan wrote: »
    Wow, I did pretty good limiting myself for most of last week. I picked up PoP:SoT. Then I grabbed FC1. And now I'm patting myself on the back for having the self control to have only spent a total of $5 on two games. And then yesterday's Tom Clancy sale hits. And now I own GR, GR: DS, GR: IT, SC: CT, SC: Con, R6V1, and R6V2.

D:

But...the savings!

SteevL on
  • Options
    AsheAshe Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So... when does the summer sale start? :winky:

Ashe on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ColorlessGreenColorlessGreen Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Triple B wrote: »
    My money was stolen from my checking account by the same Israeli fuckwad (not being racist, he seriously was from Israel, found him on Facebook) twice over the course of a year and a half.

Just FYI, I think your "I'm not racist" argument could use a little work. Black people seriously being black doesn't make klansmen burning crosses on their lawn not racist.

ColorlessGreen on
    Hearthstone (NA, EU, Asia): Ceegee#1473 - spectators welcome.
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Oh my, oh my, oh my! Metro 2033 sequel announced.

I am looking forward to this. Those screens look incredible!

Icemopper on
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Iolo wrote: »
    Lepwave wrote: »
    So I've always sort of felt a little weird about you guys and your mania with making your Steam libraries so massive, but now I realize that at least you want the games for the sake of having the games, whereas I am sitting here wishing I had bought more stuff because I'm running out of games to recommend.

Good lord Tycho, you reviewed Ricochet too? That's amazing.

I love me some Tycho reviews, but the X-Com one hurts my brain.

But satire is good!
    Icemopper wrote: »

That looks fantastic. I still haven't played Metro 2033. I think once I upgrade my computer for Battlefield 3, though, I'll have to get right on that. I've figured that my Core2Duo and my 8800 GTX can't quite do it justice. That first screenshot where everything is frozen looks like this sequel is going to be the prettiest thing ever, although I suppose pretty might not be the best word to describe the crushing depression that is Eastern Europe.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    My money was stolen from my checking account by the same Israeli fuckwad (not being racist, he seriously was from Israel, found him on Facebook) twice over the course of a year and a half.

Just FYI, I think your "I'm not racist" argument could use a little work. Black people seriously being black doesn't make klansmen burning crosses on their lawn not racist.

What? He was merely saying the "Israeli" comment was because the guy was actually from Israel.

Your comparison is a fucking facepalm and a half.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    edited May 2011

He was Israeli. He was also a fuckwad. If you find this racist, please re-educate yourself on what racism is. You're seriously comparing me calling him Israeli and a fuckwad in the same sentence to the fucking KKK burning crosses on a black man's lawn? There is something fucking wrong with you.

Triple B on
    Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • Options
    PheacePheace Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Midweek is -75% off Cities XL 2011

Pheace on
  • Options
    edited May 2011

He was Israeli. He was also a fuckwad. If you find this racist, please re-educate yourself on what racism is. You're seriously comparing me calling him Israeli and a fuckwad in the same sentence to the fucking KKK burning crosses on a black man's lawn? There is something fucking wrong with you.

I'd put my money on "stupidity".

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Aaaaand thank god a new game goes on sale in a minute and 6 seconds so we can stop the "who is racist" discussion and keep this thread from getting locked.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Holy shit did I just walk into D&D?

/me checks the forum and thread.

Drake on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Pheace wrote: »

And the Daily is Dino D-Day for $10

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    ColorlessGreenColorlessGreen Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I was saying that the premise of the argument had a problem, not that I thought you were being a racist asshole or whatevs.

I also went for over-the-top comparison to point out the tongue-in-cheekiness, while actively forgetting the fundamental internet rule stating that no level of over-the-top is so over-the-top that people won't think it's legit.

Oh well.

edit: Should have gone for Hitler. Godwinning usually produces less people taking it seriously.

ColorlessGreen on
    Hearthstone (NA, EU, Asia): Ceegee#1473 - spectators welcome.
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Icemopper wrote: »

That looks fantastic. I still haven't played Metro 2033. I think once I upgrade my computer for Battlefield 3, though, I'll have to get right on that. I've figured that my Core2Duo and my 8800 GTX can't quite do it justice. That first screenshot where everything is frozen looks like this sequel is going to be the prettiest thing ever, although I suppose pretty might not be the best word to describe the crushing depression that is Eastern Europe.

You must play Metro 2033. It was such a great game, despite a few minor flaws. My system isn't even that great, and it ran amazingly well, stunning me with beauty around every horribly depressing corner.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    TheCanMan wrote: »

And the Daily is Dino D-Day for $10

Does not come recommended :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxxW39P9af8

Pheace on
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

Wasn't that the Daily Deal a week ago?

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    DanWeinoDanWeino Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Is Dino D-Day terrible or terribly amusing?

DanWeino on

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    wasn't cities just a daily deal?

Guess they just wanted to take it easy on wallets this week.

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Over the past week or so, I've been using the Daily Deals as a synonym for "Games you Shouldn't Buy." The fact that it's a relatively new game today surprisingly hasn't changed my stance.

Figgy on
  • Options
    edited May 2011

Wasn't that the Daily Deal a week ago?

That was Cities XL 2010, the older discarded version.

The extreme deviousness in it is that they put that on sale, and owning it gave you a discount to XL 2011. (still made it quite abit more expensive than this I believe).

So if I'm not mistaken, people who did that, to get XL 2011 got taken xD
    Figgy wrote: »
    Over the past week or so, I've been using the Daily Deals as a synonym for "Games you Shouldn't Buy." The fact that it's a relatively new game today surprisingly hasn't changed my stance.

Between Evil Genius, Uplink, Peggle, Mini Ninja's and Majesty 2 perhaps even I really don't agree. Might argue price, but there's some interesting games in there. Evil Genius is somewhere close to the top of the list for me. Love that game.

Pheace on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    @Bloodatonement: No, I thought the same thing at first. That was Cities XL. This is Cities XL 2011.

@DanWeino: The general consensus seems to be "terrible". The concept has a ton of appeal, but the execution seems like a piss-poor mod.

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    It seems like Steam is having trouble sending to my email address. The address is listed correctly in Steam, was working a month ago, and it still says verified. But I made a purchase last week and never received the confirmation (although I was able to download the games just fine, and it shows up correctly on my credit card statement). I tried logging into the web interface, and as part of authenticating my computer it sent a confirmation to my email... which I still haven't received, 4 days later.

Is this any kind of known issue? My first instinct is to fiddle with my email setting, but I don't want to bork it into not being able to buy anything.

Orogogus on
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm so glad I decided what the hell and spent a bit extra on Frozen Synapse yesterday. The soundtrack is good stuffs.

Not to mention the game. Holy hell that game is tactical crack.

Drake on
  • Options
    WaldoWaldo Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So, has anyone had any experience with Cities XL 2011? At $10, I'm tempted, considering how much I enjoyed simcity 4 (at least for the first couple weeks).

Waldo on
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    when I was younger I had a drinking problem

now I just have drinking solutions
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/weeman3
  • Options
    Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I was saying that the premise of the argument had a problem, not that I thought you were being a racist asshole or whatevs.

I also went for over-the-top comparison to point out the tongue-in-cheekiness, while actively forgetting the fundamental internet rule stating that no level of over-the-top is so over-the-top that people won't think it's legit.

Oh well.

edit: Should have gone for Hitler. Godwinning usually produces less people taking it seriously.

Saying stupid shit usually produces the warranted reaction. Backpedaling aside.

Moving on...

For those in the know, I assume CitiesXL is basically SimCity, right?

Edit: Dino D-Day looks amazing.

Triple B on
    Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • Options
    BarrabasBarrabas Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    DanWeino wrote: »
    Is Dino D-Day terrible or terribly amusing?

I haven't played it, but if the GB quick look is anything to go by:

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-dino-d-day/17-3991/

I'm guessing terrible.

Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    The HD remake of the arcade classic Toki it's (unexpectedly) coming to Steam next September.

Gogoth Studios' entry on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/golgothstudio
    Old video of the project (from 2 years ago): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owQg9CRJgN0&feature=youtu.be&a

HiT BiT on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Figgy wrote: »

Between Evil Genius, Uplink, Peggle, Mini Ninja's and Majesty 2 perhaps even I really don't agree. Might argue price, but there's some interesting games in there. Evil Genius is somewhere close to the top of the list for me. Love that game.

I guess my statement is altered by the fact that I own most of those already. See? I shouldn't buy them.

Figgy on
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So, is Cities XL 2011 any good? Will it fill my desire for a city builder?

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Cities XL suffers from the fatal flaw that it's not Tropico 3

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    A fatal flaw to be sure, but one remedied by actually owning Tropico 3.

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    CitiesXL 2010 was pretty disappointing, I don't think much could have changed in 2011.

Read the last page of the CitiesXL thread to get a good idea of it. However, for $10 I think it's worth it, it did entertain me for a few days. You can make really pretty cities with the game, I really liked that.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Sim City 4 is probably the much better city game.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    Ross_CRoss_C Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So I just learned a valuable lesson in researching before impulse buying. I remember hearing on a podcast about Dino D-Day before it was released and when I saw the deal today I was like "Oh Yeah!" and impulse bought it.

The concept is hilarious. But the game is indeed terrible. Do not buy Dino D-Day. What shocked me even more that the normal price of the game is $20. There are much, much better things to get with $20. And there are even better source mods that are FREE.

Now all I feel is shame.

Ross_C on