Monday Night Com[Chat]!

• Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Preacher wrote: »
    Daxon wrote: »
    endorphin release when you vomit

what's in those pills you took though?

I told you daxon useless bullshit, they didn't do anything, cept possibly made me puke.

well, I was hoping for the actual active ingredients

I just like knowing about drugs

in other news I've spent about 90 quid the last two nights.

Sooooooooooo

fuck.

Daxon on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    You'd think burping and burping would relieve the gas, but no, no it doesn't the gas is always there waiting.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    okay nvm, stomach pain returning

perhaps some macdonald's would relieve it

Daxon on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited June 2011
    South host wrote: »
    Echo, get some orks. [chat] needs an ork painting contest.

Got a friend that plays orks. His recipe is Army Painter Daemonic Yellow primer basecoat, VGC Desert Yellow on the skin, wash skin with a few coats of Thraka Green, wash the armor with Gryphonne Sepia to make it a fiery yellow, then details.

I wish my mans were that quick to paint.

Also, warm or cold basecoat for the Incubus helmets? Thinking warm for the helmets, then cold for the base.

dd2b64342b9f4f05924b73fdb45960f9_7.jpg

Echo on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    You'd think burping and burping would relieve the gas, but no, no it doesn't the gas is always there waiting.
    Yeah, gas in the tummy doesn't work like that, unfortunately. Make sure you drink and eat enough (sugary stuff)

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Don't really have anything sugary to eat.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I want to play a Gestalt Soulknife/Soulbow//Scout/Ranger in 3.5 D&D sometime.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    South hostSouth host I obey without question Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Echo wrote: »
    Echo, get some orks. [chat] needs an ork painting contest.

Got a friend that plays orks. His recipe is Army Painter Daemonic Yellow primer basecoat, VGC Desert Yellow on the skin, wash skin with a few coats of Thraka Green, wash the armor with Gryphonne Sepia to make it a fiery yellow, then details.

I wish my mans were that quick to paint.

Also, warm or cold basecoat for the Incubus helmets? Thinking warm for the helmets, then cold for the base.
    dd2b64342b9f4f05924b73fdb45960f9_7.jpg

Your mans may take longer, but I guarantee you have less of them to paint. :P

South host on
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Don't really have anything sugary to eat.
    No fruit either? Kiwis are awesome, apples not so much.

I dunno, just took me a trip to the hospital one time to drive the point home that when you're sick you should make sure your body has enough stuff to keep running.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Not really sick, I just ate too late/too fast and got some wicked indegestion. Trying to drink a glass of milk, its hard to keep it down.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited June 2011

Oh, just 107 boyz in his 1500 list, vs 35 in mine. :P

Echo on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

Oh, just 107 boyz in his 1500 list, vs 35 in mine. :P

You bastard.

Actually, I have a friend (well, the only guy I play with, since I don't want to play in a store until my army is painted) who has a plague marine list, and always takes Typhus and a Defiler, so he has less than 20.

South host on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    japan wrote: »
    Most people could probably lose weight relatively easily if they can exert enough willpower to not eat outside of mealtimes.

Also for the purposes of weight control fizzy drinks should probably be considered "food" under that rule.

People who drink regular coke because they're concerned about the chemicals in Coke Zero or Diet Coke are doing it wrong.

Like, I can accept wanting something different. But unless you are specifically allergic to aspartmate, you're making a bad choice from a lot of perspectives.

regular coke tastes better

I think we can all agree

I disagree. The "sugar coating your teeth" aspect puts me off it.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Not really sick, I just ate too late/too fast and got some wicked indegestion. Trying to drink a glass of milk, its hard to keep it down.

Just wait. The answer to indigestion is never more things into the roiling mix.

poshniallo on
    I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Most people could probably lose weight relatively easily if they can exert enough willpower to not eat outside of mealtimes.

Also for the purposes of weight control fizzy drinks should probably be considered "food" under that rule.

People who drink regular coke because they're concerned about the chemicals in Coke Zero or Diet Coke are doing it wrong.

Like, I can accept wanting something different. But unless you are specifically allergic to aspartmate, you're making a bad choice from a lot of perspectives.

regular coke tastes better

I think we can all agree

That used to be my favorite part. The fact that my teeth were all gritty after I drank a coke.

South host on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Orange juice is also bad for your teeth. I believe the thing is that you shouldn't keep it in your mouth but swallow it right away.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Everything is bad for at least one part of your body in the correct dose.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So I was sleeping on the bus on the way home and when I was nearly here an older looking Asian lady scratched my back really lightly with what felt like a light touch from long fingernails to get me awake

For some reason I found it kind of bizarre

Fuuuuck, though

I need to get a few hours of sleep in before work and it turns out my sister has crashed in my bed

This is annoying

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I think I'm going to watch Kung Fu Panda 2 and X-Men in rapid succession tonight. :)

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    So I was sleeping on the bus on the way home and when I was nearly here an older looking Asian lady scratched my back really lightly with what felt like a light touch from long fingernails to get me awake

Fuuuuck, though

I need to get a few hours of sleep in before work and it turns out my sister has crashed in my bed

This is annoying

You know, sleeping in bathtubs is surprisingly comfy.

South host on
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011

Fuuuuck, though

This is annoying

You know, sleeping in bathtubs is surprisingly comfy.

I would actually be up for this but for two reasons:

One of the cats has recently taken to it as a litter box and I would rather not sleep in there regardless of how much scrubbing I do

I have maybe two hours of sleep I can get in before I'll need to wake back up and it may be better if I just pull through with caffeine

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Ooh, 2 hours is tough. It's on the cusp of whether or not it's worth going to sleep.

South host on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    WAIT. DON'T YOU HAVE ORKS? WOULD YOU PARTICIPATE IN AN ORK PAINTING CONTEST?

South host on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Hrm

Is it okay if they already are assembled and primed?

I do need some motivation to getting to painting them...

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I don't see why it wouldn't be ok. Honestly, I just noticed that several people here have orks, and I needed motivation to paint mine, so...

South host on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Choco, in your situation I would just lie on top of your sister until she gets the hell off your bed.

Winky on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I love it when [chat] is just slow enough for me to do other stuff in between without missing pages upon pages of conversation.

Also, there's a joke about lying on top of Choco's sister that I'm not going to finish.

Aldo on
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I find that apple juice - without pulp, just juice from concentrate - is good for stomach aches, if only because it is very mild. For me, anyway. Also, it often has sugar added, so that temporarily relieves hunger too. If you puke it back up, the aftertaste isn't so horrible that it induces further nausea (unsurprisingly, it tastes like apple).

Salty apple juice doesn't taste too bad, so you can put oral rehydration salts in it too, if those are needed.

Milk seems to worsen nausea for me.

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Ok, so I had this idea that the Vanadium Redox Battery would be way better if it were made with iron, since its about 33x cheaper.

It seems some other university has put out a press-release saying they want to do this exact thing, but no details on what they think will work.

The real trick is making sure you have all the same components on either side of the battery, which is the genius of the vanadium system - cross-contamination is equivalent to self-discharge, not cell failure.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I really need a small lightbox so I can take non-shitty pictures. Quick coat of Dheneb Stone on helmet and cloth. Needs some touchup. The helmet will get highlighted up to pure white later, the cloth shaded darker.

incubus3.jpg

Echo on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    God, the new Tomb Raider game is like a snuff film.

Winky on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Gennaro Contaldo has the weirdest hybrid Italian/East End London accent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Gg1_BMJgUE

japan on
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Winky wrote: »

Is it already out? I just saw the trailer for it yesterday. Thought it looked cool, but decidedly a new direction for Tomb Raider.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Gennaro Contaldo has the weirdest hybrid Italian/East End London accent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Gg1_BMJgUE

Adam and Joe have been on about this recently. He sounds very closer to Adam or Joe's Queen voice.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Nova_C wrote: »

Is it already out? I just saw the trailer for it yesterday. Thought it looked cool, but decidedly a new direction for Tomb Raider.

No, it's not out, but all of the media for it and articles I've read have been distinctly of the "Watch Lara Croft covered in blood and screaming in pain!"

Winky on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I really need a small lightbox so I can take non-shitty pictures. Quick coat of Dheneb Stone on helmet and cloth. Needs some touchup. The helmet will get highlighted up to pure white later, the cloth shaded darker.

incubus3.jpg
    Ridiculously easy to make a ghetto lightbox yourself. http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=146682

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    No, it's not out, but all of the media for it and articles I've read have been distinctly of the "Watch Lara Croft covered in blood and screaming in pain!"

don't stop

so close

Echo on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Aldo wrote: »
    Orange juice is also bad for your teeth. I believe the thing is that you shouldn't keep it in your mouth but swallow it right away.

Also, brushing your teeth a few times per day.

James on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    [chat] what am I going to do while I wait for my tea to brew

oh wait

I know

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6z3WXuzXXc

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    James wrote: »
    Aldo wrote: »

Also, brushing your teeth a few times per day.

but not right before drinking the orange juice.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

This discussion has been closed.