As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dungeons and Dragons: Neverwinter] PA Server is Beholder!

• Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    Excellent find Arthil, totally works.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Oh no you don't! Top of the page to 'ya!

So... This might be handy, y'know, if you wanna get into the third(?) beta weekend. Nothing -really- dodgy about doing it, just PC Gamer are idiots and forgot how the internet worked Plus you get a cool mount, I got the black one with the red adornments :D. Credit goes to Mr. Lobster of the SA forums.
    Only 5 tries to get both woohoo! I updated the post with where to submit the key and that new answer. Thanks Evilmonstar. New page so I'll post it again I guess.

For those that want a PC Gamer beta key (which we think will be allowed into the third beta?) and two mounts, go to this website:

http://promo.pcgamer.com/Neverwinter/

Gmail ignores periods so put periods in different spots for your to get many many keys.

Refresh the page until you find a question you can answer. Here are some:

:!!: ALL ANSWERS MUST BE IN LOWER-CASE :!!:

Metro Last Light is in the year 2034
    The first class listed on the Neverwinter article is great weapon fighter.
    The amount of classes announced for Neverwinter is 5.
    The Neverwinter article was written by kat bailey.
    There are 3 screenshots of Minecraft on page 15.
    If they ask you about what company's laptop they review on page 93 it's razer

There are two different mounts you can get: a Pale Horse and a Stormraider Horse.
    neverwinter-white-horse-mount-pc-gamer.jpgneverwinter-black-horse-mount-pc-gamer.jpg

Go here to submit your key: https://my.perfectworld.com/nw/?going_to=/nw/redeemkey

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Indeed, many thanks!

Apparently I have got the White horse.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    You can actually keep going to get the other horse, but who knows how much of a drain that'll be on their allotment of keys. Although... One COULD offer the extras up in this thread :winky:

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Thanks, Arthil.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    DigitalSynDigitalSyn Dr Digital Cumming, GARegistered User regular
    Very nice - ended up 3 Storm horses before I got the pale. Only took 4 attempts to get both though! It doesn't look like this gets you beta, just the mounts.

Xbox360: D1G1T4LSYN ( Yes, those are numbers. )
    PSNID: DigitalX86
    Nintendo ID: digitalsyn
    3DS Friend Code: 5300 - 9726 - 6963
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/D1G1T4LSYN/
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    The key seems to be the exact same thing as was given out in physical copies of PC gamer, and we know those also grant Beta access, so it seems likely these will work the same.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Scosglen wrote: »
    The key seems to be the exact same thing as was given out in physical copies of PC gamer, and we know those also grant Beta access, so it seems likely these will work the same.

Aye, having done some looking around, the actual Weekend that PCGamer keys will work on has not been announced yet, so I imagine it will be the 3rd one, which is March 22nd-24th.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    You're welcome guys :bz

• Options
    VisskarVisskar Registered User regular
    That worked great, thanks!

Got myself a Pale horse.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    Doesn't work for me. The question I got is 'who wrote the feature headline 'Bright Star' on page 57.

• Options
    Doesn't work for me. The question I got is 'who wrote the feature headline 'Bright Star' on page 57.

I had to refresh the page a whole lot. I think they caught on and added a lot harder questions to the question list.

• Options
    Nah it's just a matter of there being so many questions, mind if someone happens to have that issue of PC Gamer I could edit my post to include the answers to a lot more questions.

• Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    Got one that worked. Thanks :)

• Options
    edited February 2013
    If they ask you about what company's laptop they review on page 93 it's razer.

Edit: if they ask for what laptop they review on page 93 it's razer blade.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    I entered the thing once and I don't think I got anything, but I didn't want to bother digging up my other e-mails to mess with it and it sound's like they are gettin' wise to the loophole.

So if anyone gets more keys, let me know.

488W936.png
  • Options
    Corehealer wrote: »
    I entered the thing once and I don't think I got anything, but I didn't want to bother digging up my other e-mails to mess with it and it sound's like they are gettin' wise to the loophole.

It isn't instant @Corehealer, check your email later.

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Arthil wrote: »
    Corehealer wrote: »

It isn't instant @Corehealer, check your email later.

No need, my ever faithful companion @Entaru reserved a key for me and I got in and the black stormraider horse. I am a happy chappy.

If my entry garners a key, I will share it with someone else.

488W936.png
  • Options
    I got a code a bit ago; if anyone wants it, PM me.

I am good to go otherwise.

488W936.png
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    In light of the only leader role class being the Devoted Cleric I'll probably roll as Great Weapon Fighter right out the gate at least until we see one of the Warlords.

Edit: I'd also be fine with Artificer or Shaman. I don't see them doing Artificer for a while though because of DDO.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Bard bard bard bard.

Bard bard bard.

Bard bard.

Bard.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Doom doom doom, doomingy doom dom doom!

• Options
    Yep Bard'd be fine too. Really any Leader that's not a Cleric.

• Options
    Keeping my fingers crossed for Paladin and will probably stick with a shield warrior class to start.

Also my key is gone, but there is still time to get keys!

488W936.png
  • Options
    I will put up with a whoooole lot of bullshit to play a spellblade type class. Like a bard.

Bard.

• Options
    edited February 2013
    This is kind of strange, but the myperfectworld site is telling me my Display Name is already taken, despite the fact that it was taken by me when I registered the account. Like, I reserved it on my account awhile back, but now it says I have to change it because someone else took it. How the fuck did I LOSE it?

Edit: I guess this has something to do with the STO merger and me losing my name.

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    NyhtNyht Registered User regular
    I wants a key if someone gets a straggler.

• Options
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    This is kind of strange, but the myperfectworld site is telling me my Display Name is already taken, despite the fact that it was taken by me when I registered the account. Like, I reserved it on my account awhile back, but now it says I have to change it because someone else took it. How the fuck did I LOSE it?

Edit: I guess this has something to do with the STO merger and me losing my name.

Yes, same thing happened to me.

488W936.png
  • Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    There's a lot of potential here. The foundry, plus all the potential races and classes they could add.

So much potential.

It'll make my tears taste that much more special when it's never realized.

• Options
    Give me memories of Icewind Dale, and maybe even actual Icewind Dale in the game, and I will be happy.

Luskan is only the beginning!

488W936.png
  • Options
    ironzerg wrote: »
    There's a lot of potential here. The foundry, plus all the potential races and classes they could add.

So much potential.

It'll make my tears taste that much more special when it's never realized.

On the one hand, Dungeons and Dragons plus the foundry.

On the other, you can take a survey where you just need to enter your credit card in order to get some free funbux on the main site.

• Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    F2P games are the devil...seriously considering the $200 Founder's pack.

I've spent more money on free games these last two years that I'll care to admit.

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Nyht wrote: »

@Nyht You'll be able to snag a key from the website right at the top of the page that I linked. Some answers are listed in my post, just keep refreshing until you get a question you can answer.

Arthil on
  • Options

@Nyht You'll be able to snag a key from the website right at the top of the page that I linked. Some answers are listed in my post, just keep refreshing until you get a question you can answer.

I hate having to wait till I get home but will do! Thanks :D

• Options

Quicker than waiting for an extra =D

• Options

And how! Just had my wife do it for me. Thanks! I was pretty sure I was just going to drop 60 on this anyway but I might take it for a test run first.

• Options

And how! Just had my wife do it for me. Thanks! I was pretty sure I was just going to drop 60 on this anyway but I might take it for a test run first.

And the key nets you a free mount!

488W936.png
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Trying to get the stormrider... 4th time might be the charm?

Edit: and it was!

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I do know that the beta weekend we get in I will poke around and play it for a few hours but it will not be as a class I intend to play right away and it won't be more than a couple of hours.

I've burned the candle from both ends too many times with betas and enjoyed the game less on release because of it.

Seidkona on
This discussion has been closed.