As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dog [CHAT]

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Zampanov wrote: »
    eh, one things eve is good at is making numbers and organization count more than total time played and wealth

I dunno really, I mean the trailer makes it look exciting, but isn't most of the content in Eve player driven? So if you are taking over a base when no one is online it would be just turrets and blowing shit up?

Also is eve really big enough to have a battle of that scale all the time/at all?

Odds are you will not be able to attack any planet whenever you feel like it, otherwise everything would change hands every time anyone went to sleep.

Isn't that how Goonswarm rolled?

Goonswarm grew really fast by EVE standards, but it's also a game where some ships can take like, a month of real time to build.

only the supercapital deathstarmobiles

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    SIG, one of my neighbors looks a lot like you. I should hit on her to vicariously date you through her.

God I felt creepy typing that.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    SIG, one of my neighbors looks a lot like you. I should hit on her to vicariously date you through her.

God I felt creepy typing that.

haha, now you can't take it back

So It Goes on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2011
    inq is a creep

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Daxon wrote: »
    You know, I'm starting to feel the systematic murder of all force users ever might just be an excellent idea.

Cause they're either really irritating and self-righteous twats who think they should be in charge by virtue of being "wiser" or evil and power-hungry monsters.

This is kind of what I liked about the Dragon Age universe with their magic users. Whether they're good or bad, humanity is freaked and they're super ready to just off the whole lot of them, good or bad, the second it looks like they're about to go off reservation.

Not to mention that by default there is always some Sith artifact or Sith crypt that's lain undiscovered for millenia that corrupts someone and restarts the cult of the sith again in the star wars universe.

You'd think they'd try to systematically seek out and destroy all that crap. Then educate their Jedi about the Sith and what they've done. If someone seems to think they can check out Sith stuff and not get corrupted you take them behind the shed and kill them before they become too powerful to stop.

Galaxy is a BIG place.

But yeah.

The empire would be the best if they just offed the emperor and vader, then went hunting for jedi and sith

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    You know, I'm starting to feel the systematic murder of all force users ever might just be an excellent idea.

Cause they're either really irritating and self-righteous twats who think they should be in charge by virtue of being "wiser" or evil and power-hungry monsters.

This is kind of what I liked about the Dragon Age universe with their magic users. Whether they're good or bad, humanity is freaked and they're super ready to just off the whole lot of them, good or bad, the second it looks like they're about to go off reservation.

Not to mention that by default there is always some Sith artifact or Sith crypt that's lain undiscovered for millenia that corrupts someone and restarts the cult of the sith again in the star wars universe.

You'd think they'd try to systematically seek out and destroy all that crap. Then educate their Jedi about the Sith and what they've done. If someone seems to think they can check out Sith stuff and not get corrupted you take them behind the shed and kill them before they become too powerful to stop.

But how do you send Jedi out to destroy that stuff without risking them being corrupted by it?

In fact, I'd guess that is a common thing in the EU.

You.. you get the normal people to go do it.

Have a force user go to various planets to use sense force or whatnot and find possible locations of the artifacts and crypts, then the normals go down. Find it, destroy it, never let the force guy anywhere close to the crap.

orrrrrbital weaponry!

but the force isn't made of stuff

there's apparently a dark force nexus in orbit around endor cuz of the emperor's death

can't really get rid of them

but like, whoopdedo some evil dudes with magic. Have them detained and shot on the double, captain. Off you go.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The bizarre logic of destroying the controls that shuts the door on your side of the door somehow affects the controls on the other side of the door is strange.

I mean.

yeah

No, not really

I mean unless you're familiar with the intricacies of <Star Wars Brand Futuristic Electronic Lock>?

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I don't really have anything to back it up, but my sense of space fantasy tropes tells me that powerful dark side artifacts are not typically at the mercy of average goons. Like I'm assuming it takes a connection with the force to really destroy those kinds of things.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    eh, one things eve is good at is making numbers and organization count more than total time played and wealth

I dunno really, I mean the trailer makes it look exciting, but isn't most of the content in Eve player driven? So if you are taking over a base when no one is online it would be just turrets and blowing shit up?

Also is eve really big enough to have a battle of that scale all the time/at all?

Odds are you will not be able to attack any planet whenever you feel like it, otherwise everything would change hands every time anyone went to sleep.

Isn't that how Goonswarm rolled?

I think everyone did that.

The way goonswarm rolled was drown the enemy in their own dead.

Because they had tons and tons of newbies with dirt-cheap ships.

http://endie.net/img/eve/newbie.jpg

this is what makes me love them

EDIT:

http://www.gamerdna.com/uimage/Bam1v47K/full/goon-swarm-motto.jpg
    http://www.legionoflions.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4021&stc=1&d=1235752498
    http://mielants.com/EvE/goons2010.jpg

this p much sums it up as well I guess

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Abdhyius wrote: »

But how do you send Jedi out to destroy that stuff without risking them being corrupted by it?

Have a force user go to various planets to use sense force or whatnot and find possible locations of the artifacts and crypts, then the normals go down. Find it, destroy it, never let the force guy anywhere close to the crap.

orrrrrbital weaponry!

there's apparently a dark force nexus in orbit around endor cuz of the emperor's death

but like, whoopdedo some evil dudes with magic. Have them detained and shot on the double, captain. Off you go.

where are the light force nexi then? use them to cancel each other out!

psh, it annoys me slightly that the power itself can be of the good or evil type as opposed to the user providing all the good or evil

Daxon on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Scifi logistics are one thing, but you definitely want to avoid thinking about Star Wars space magic in any critical sense.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Ahahahahaa what?!

"They came for us from behind!"

I didn't know that was from star wars. :P heh, appreciate that warcraft 3 thing a bit more now

Daxon on
  • Options
    South hostSouth host I obey without question Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

orrrrrbital weaponry!

psh, it annoys me slightly that the power itself can be of the good or evil type as opposed to the user providing all the good or evil

There are probably about a dozen pages on Wookieepedia dealing with in-universe Force philosophies. You should read those to find out which one has your viewpoint on the force.

South host on
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2011
    desc wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    just sat on the porch holding and playing with alex

literally every single young woman who walked by gave me an enamored smile

like 5 girls!

So he's the best wing man ever is what you're saying.

he is so great

he'll be totally quiet and then a gaggle of cute girls walk by and he gurgles with joy and adoration while wrapping his arms around my neck

i feel like i should buy him a drink, he is hamming it up

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    South host wrote: »

orrrrrbital weaponry!

There are probably about a dozen pages on Wookieepedia dealing with in-universe Force philosophies. You should read those to find out which one has your viewpoint on the force.

nah, that's my viewpoint on power/magic in general.

but I don't care about it that much to want to read a dozen pages on a wiki :P

Daxon on
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    get dat baby drunk

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    South host on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    jesus you guys are still talking about star wars

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

orrrrrbital weaponry!

well can it really?

all we see in the movies are jedis and jedis gone bad so we only have their word for it

I think the big ball of repression that is a jedi just does not respond well to thinking they're free from that

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Elendil wrote: »
    jesus you guys are still talking about star wars

eh elendil, I'm still watching the first movie.

though it's over now - they just got their medallions.

south host: I refuse. no.

Daxon on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    You know that guy who got hit and was like "Sorry, I can't stay with you"? The one who they showed right before the mustache guy blew up?

He's the one with 149 pages written about him on Wookieepedia.

South host on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

orrrrrbital weaponry!

well can it really?

all we see in the movies are jedis and jedis gone bad so we only have their word for it

I think the big ball of repression that is a jedi just does not respond well to thinking they're free from that

well there's "dark areas" that are prone to corrupt jedi for some reason or another and make them go back.

so obviously somewhere the force itself has gone bad and evil for whatever reason, which ticks me off a bit.

Daxon on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    You know that guy who got hit and was like "Sorry, I can't stay with you"? The one who they showed right before the mustache guy blew up?

wtf, he wasn't even a character

he was the step between an extra and a redshirt

Daxon on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

You mean Wedge Antilles?

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011

He survives the first 3 movies. So they made 9 books basically about him and his squadron, a comic series about him and his squadron that took up 3 omnibuses, was a main character in 3 games, and eventually became a famous general.

Arivia wrote: »

You mean Wedge Antilles?

Of course I mean Wedge Antilles, AKA the best character in Star Wars.

South host on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2011
    elendil

jersey boys is coming to the forrest theater in dec

we ought to watch it then go get malts

Organichu on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

He survives the first 3 movies. So they made 9 books basically about him and his squadron, a comic series about him and his squadron that took up 3 omnibuses, was a main character in 3 games, and eventually became a famous general.

Arivia wrote: »

You mean Wedge Antilles?

Of course I mean Wedge Antilles, AKA the best character in Star Wars.

Fun little fact: there are almost always two characters in each Final Fantasy game named Biggs and Wedge. They usually die pretty early in.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    blow dryers make painting models so much faster

James on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    orrrrrbital weaponry!

well can it really?

well there's "dark areas" that are prone to corrupt jedi for some reason or another and make them go back.

so obviously somewhere the force itself has gone bad and evil for whatever reason, which ticks me off a bit.

they change them atleast

my theory is the jedi are fucked up repressed monks and when something fiddles with that they go bad

that they think the dark side of the force is responsible and not themselves just makes it easier

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    fair fair, abd.

anyhow I'm off to bed.

To be entirely honest: the first movie wasn't too bad. It wasn't the coming messiah of movies either. Belongs somewhere in the zone of Decent to Messiah.

Daxon on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    every race in star wars is defined by the one character of that race that was in the movies

hutts are all crime lords

bothans are all spies

twi'lek are all whores

all the pilot dudes' races are pilots

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    TomeWyrmTomeWyrm A Limited Liability Partnership Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Fun little fact: there are almost always two characters in each Final Fantasy game named Biggs and Wedge. They usually die pretty early in.

There was also a Piett at one point. I think he was in 6.

TomeWyrm on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Organichu wrote: »
    elendil

jersey boys is coming to the forrest theater in dec

we ought to watch it then go get malts

what's that

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    every race in star wars is defined by the one character of that race that was in the movies

hutts are all crime lords

bothans are all spies

twi'lek are all whores

all the pilot dudes' races are pilots

In the X-wing books, the individual pilots are defined by their single lines in the movie.

The guy who was skeptical of the plan for 2 fighters to protect against a Star Destroyer? Always sad.

The guy who made a good shot and was happy about it? Always happy, always making good shots.

South host on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    TomeWyrm wrote: »

There was also a Piett at one point. I think he was in 6.

Biggs and Wedge show up as the mech pilots in 6 (I can't remember what they call them...MagiTek?) and as AVALANCHE members in 7. I don't recall what their other appearances are.

edit: they are also two enemy soldiers in FFVIII. This is where Piet appears as well: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Piet

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I want a malt :(

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I want a beer nerd.

Cinders on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I want some kind of alcohol. But a malt would be good too.

Assuming by "malt", you mean those old milkshakes. They called them that, right?

South host on
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Malt liquor for everybody

Cinders on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    jesus, why are you guys still talking about star wars

Nerdgasmic on
This discussion has been closed.