As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Magic: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012 - Out now on Steam, XBL and PSN

123457»

• Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Yeah I think I just had a brain lapse. I've repeatedly checked the info on every other card, but for some reason I just didn't with that card. I really can't explain why.

Now that I'm really getting a grasp on the basics I'm loving the game. Granted I still suck, but I've won a couple multiplayer matches so I'm happy.

It's sad, but I kind of want to start collecting the real cards. I have no idea who I'd play with though.

Grove on
    Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Grove wrote: »
    Yeah I think I just had a brain lapse. I've repeatedly checked the info on every other card, but for some reason I just didn't with that card. I really can't explain why.

Now that I'm really getting a grasp on the basics I'm loving the game. Granted I still suck, but I've won a couple multiplayer matches so I'm happy.

It's sad, but I kind of want to start collecting the real cards. I have no idea who I'd play with though.

Just do what I'm doing:

Use the MtG website to find a place to redeem your card. Such places are independent nerd stores in which Wizards of the Coast sponsors Friday Night Magic. Go to it and introduce yourself, and don't be afraid to say your new. Such places (if they are doing their job) are required to be friendly and inviting to new players.

And the time to do so is now; DotP is leading up to a Pre Release party on the 8th and 9th of July (the game is Wizards way of pimping the upcoming cards.) I've been holding out on purchasing cards up to that point.

Magic Online is a fucking nightmare to use.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Nicol Bolas hit me with a scheme card so mighty that it caused my XBOX to red ring of death, now I must replace it.

Well, perhaps it was a side effect of his scheme, but it was very frustrating. Fortunately I was already losing and it was only my second try else I might have been even more frustrated...

tbloxham on
    "That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    arcatharcath Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Can these cards be redeemed in mtgo?

arcath on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    arcath wrote: »

It is an entirely separate self contained game. No links to mtgo at all.

ultimakay on
    hLeTR.png
  • Options
    arcatharcath Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    ultimakay wrote: »

I'm taking the promotion code cards.

arcath on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    ultimakay wrote: »

I'm taking the promotion code cards.

They cannot.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I hate to bump the thread for this shitty game, but is there anything I can do if someone is sitting there waiting for me to quit? Or just quit and never play this waste of money again?

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    In the previous version there was timer that would fairly swiftly end whatever section of their turn they were on and carry on with the game. Is there not this time?

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I hate to bump the thread for this shitty game, but is there anything I can do if someone is sitting there waiting for me to quit? Or just quit and never play this waste of money again?

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Wizards of the Coast put a clause in the licensing agreement keeping the limitless time feature in so that it would kill actual competition and force people to buy cards or do the online thing to play seriously against other people.

Smaug6 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011

Player matches.

EDIT - Seriously, you still win deck cards and people aren't assholes.

Cantido on
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    So I finally jumped for a points card and picked this up.

I have to admit, it's nice to not run into another deck like the Markov from the first game.

There are a lot of obvious good combos- my personal favorite is the monored deck so far- that goblin elder that lets you pay 1RR to deal its power in damage to a target, paired with the enchantment that raises power for however many mountains you have in play. That thing's just evil. I want to get four and run them in my R/G beatdown deck- slap a Blanchwood Armor on them, then just sit back and start shooting things.

Do these cards actually exist, or were they simply made up for the game?

I'm going to try that new multiplayer mode tonight, so if you need a human player on XBox, invite me. Gamertag's JaysonFour.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    say, do you primarily play singleplayer with pre-constructed decks or do you get the chance to build your very own one? From what I can remember reading about the first game, there was a deck for every color and not much deck-construction at all.

e: oh well, it's all in the OP. The singleplayer doesn't sound very fun though.

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    say, do you primarily play singleplayer with pre-constructed decks or do you get the chance to build your very own one? From what I can remember reading about the first game, there was a deck for every color and not much deck-construction at all.

You start out with a single deck and win more themed decks by beating each Planeswalker. You can then win more cards for each deck by winning matches with it and add or remove cards to each deck.

You don't get the chance to build on from scratch though, just adding and removing the cards belonging to that deck.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options

Yeah, it's for noobs or returning veterans of MtG. You start off with an already built green deck. Then you beat the red guy, and get a red deck. You beat the "hero", you get the white deck. You beat the black vampire, you get a black vampire deck. You beat the mermaid, you get a Blue/Green Deck, and so on. This game has sixteen decks, each with a theme and color focus.

Each win, whether in single player, Player Match or Ranked, wins you a new card for the deck you used. You can then add and take out cards as long as you are over sixty.

I played Paper Magic for the first time last night, and had a fantastic time, so I'm giving this game a rest.

• Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Man I should spend a bunch of money of cards and spend a few hours constructing a deck that will almost definitely be worse than on of the Planeswalker ones so I don't have to be a noob.

You sure told me!

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    Hey guys, how is the newest DLC? Is Liliana's deck fun?

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA