As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Death of Phalla [mini] - The Fifth Hour

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Remember the good times. Celebrate Phalla's life. I made a spreadsheet, in the way he always liked it.

Current Spreadsheet (up to post 81)

It is still early in the day, with just under 12 hours before the first elimination.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Deep down one can find Alegis in each and every one of us

mourning phalla, as is appropriate

Alegis on
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Baidol wrote: »
    Suggested by Phyphor, the other remaining mafia member.

Which was really funny, in hindsight.

If there is one thing Phalla has taught us, it is that the sacrifice of one may lead to victory for many. There was no reason for you to vote me out and then kill the person I clearly wanted dead, especially since Tayrun was leading in the vote until 15 seconds before close. Phalla is a game of numbers, and I maximized my changes of winning

Phyphor on
  • Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    *whispers* Really, who brings a spreadsheet to a funeral? Most inappropriate.
    BTW, what does it say?

stever777 on
    Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    TeucrianTeucrian Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Alegis wrote: »

You're a fine young sparrow for defending him but I will not be satisfied until Alegis appears and answers these charges himself.

And Langly, if you cannot tell one sparrow from another I strongly suggest you get your eyes checked. Perhaps you need glasses, like our friend here has.

Teucrian on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Alegis wrote: »

Well sparrow is delicious.

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Phyphor wrote: »
    If there is one thing Phalla has taught us, it is that the sacrifice of one may lead to victory for many. There was no reason for you to vote me out and then kill the person I clearly wanted dead, especially since Tayrun was leading in the vote until 15 seconds before close. Phalla is a game of numbers, and I maximized my changes of winning

If Phalla taught us anything, it is to be wary of everything.
    Evil will sacrifice even its own family to secure a victory.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    If Phalla taught us anything, it's that different time zones suck.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    If Phalla taught us anything, it's that EST is the one true timezone

Phyphor on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    3clipse wrote: »

Though phalla has also taught me that
    The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Not the high point of our Phalla careers. What made you hit Tiphareth first? I didn't think Tiphareth was mafia because no one else jumped on voting against me.

Mostly a lack of contribution to the discussion that day.

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Though phalla has also taught me that
    The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

No one can be sure what led to the fall of Phalla. Some blame the INACTIVUS awakening of 2008. Others say it was the disasterous Server Busy errors of 2011, which claimed the lives of many of the citizens of Phalla.

"We were unprepared," said Building Code Inspector Brick:Layer. "Nothing could have prepared us for something of this scale and magnitude, and it took our best efforts to keep Phalla running as well as it could despite the possibility of a meltdown."

While Phalla did indeed survive this natural disaster, efforts were made to shut down Phalla and investments in Phalla despite its safety record.

"If Phalla melts down it'll just waste space that could be reserved for our 100 [ooc] threads!" stated INNS, an anti-Phalla group. "Also, I just peed my pants, mods come change me."

Moderators overseeing the management of Phalla refused to comment. They were lobbied by the INNS group and passed regulations limiting the amount of Phalla emissions allowed, despite protests that these emissions were already well-controlled and environmentally friendly.

Dr. Dac Vin (note: not a real doctor), noted anti-network and vote activist, presents another theory however.

ek52fm.jpg

He posits the controversial theory that Phalla emissions are cancerous, and the fall of Phalla was directly linked to these carcinogenic products.

"Phalla ate itself. The cancer spread and they refused treatment." The treatment he refers to is the infamous Phallauschwitz treatment where whatever he deemed as cancerous elements were isolated and gassed in separate chambers of Phalla. It was regarded as a reckless and highly immoral technique that was unaminously rejected by all of Phalla.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    /waits for the lesson in Game Theory.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I don't think I've voted for Kay in a long time.

Phyphor on
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I think I'll go with !Baidol this time.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    It's quiet.

Somber.

Like a funeral.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm just a defeated, old man that wants to celebrate the life of my friend, Phalla, among those with whom I shared his company.

On that note, !Baidol, because I don't know you and your recent actions brought shame to my eyes.

Delmain on
  • Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Nothing like a last minute switch.

Baidol

Void Slayer on
    He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Last minute? Has it really come to this when "last minute" switches are done four hours before close. It is truly a sad day.

Phyphor on
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm kind of excited about my first bandwagon piling onto me.

On the other hand, it is a bandwagon piling onto me.

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I'm not sure if that can really be called last minute if the vote doesn't close for a few more (real-time) hours yet.
    stever777 wrote: »
    BTW, what does it say?

It's a funerary event for Phalla. You expected me to be unprepared?

I believe that with the recent votes made, we have 3 votes on each of Baidol and Kay, with 2 on each of stever777 and Teucrian. I'm curious what has caused the near-successive votes on Baidol all of a sudden...

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Last minute? Has it really come to this when "last minute" switches are done four hours before close. It is truly a sad day.

It is for me!

Void Slayer on
    He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Looks like I may Day-1-Die in Death of Phalla, so, I think I'll have time.
    (or is it Kime?)

Happy to oblige, stever

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    What happens in the event of a three way tie?

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    As the OP states, the first person in the tie to have reached the tie number will be eliminated.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Hmm. I read that and forgot it, because I was mourning so hard over here.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Almost too hard, 38thDoe.

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    38thDoe wrote: »
    What happens in the event of a three way tie?
    Throughout the history of the Democracy of Phalla, there has been a number of tied votes forestalling the democratic process. It is interesting to note that they statistically happen more often than average, and almost always results in the village suffering due to them. For this reason, many different districts of Phalla implemented alternate ways of handling tied votes. Some placed the first to reach the top the winner, others selected all those who shared the top votes the winner, and rarely some did the latter and amended in pork-filled earmarks for their special interests. Regardless, we will cover one especially chaotic scenario in the history of phalla.

This specific scenario was the Stan Lee Cup of 2009, a hockey phalla match between the Vancouver Canuckleheads and the American Captains.

so068h.jpg

It was a tied vote for MVP between members of the two teams, and without a clear understanding of what happens in case of a tie vote, the game descended into chaos. As Wolverine dug his claws into a player, he was quoted to have said "snikt snikt bub snikt best there is bub snikt". The Kingpin, mafia overlord overseeing the betting on this game, just silently chugged his orange soda and allowed the players to fall over each other instead of teaming against him.

After Wolverine was stampeded to death by a horrified crowd, Stan Lee himself appeared and tossed down a ruling. All future crowds should seek to avoid tied votes, 'nuff said.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    I'm not sure if that can really be called last minute if the vote doesn't close for a few more (real-time) hours yet.
    BTW, what does it say?

It's a funerary event for Phalla. You expected me to be unprepared?

I believe that with the recent votes made, we have 3 votes on each of Baidol and Kay, with 2 on each of stever777 and Teucrian. I'm curious what has caused the near-successive votes on Baidol all of a sudden...

Well I just don't want Kay to get voted out.

Delmain on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Why not? Is he your partner? Your partner in not mourning Phalla?

Phyphor on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    My partner in making fun of everyone in IRC.

Delmain on
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Two hours until vote close.

Missing (or have invalid) votes from several people.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Ready, set, void slayer

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Tempted by the Baidol vote, but the Baidol/38th argument is just too entertaining.

The RNG chooses: ... Tayrun. fuck.

Do-over: The RNG chooses: jackisreal

Tayrun on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I think you're obligated to vote for yourself if the RNG deems it so. If you are planning on putting your vote's fate in its hands, then you'd best be prepared to follow through. Incidentally, this is just one of the many reasons why pleading to the RNG is a decidedly non-good idea. We're about one hour to the vote close. Let's get a count.

Current Spreadsheet (up to post 116)

Vote Count:
    Baidol - 3 votes
    Kay - 3 votes
    stever777 - 3 votes

38thDoe - 2 votes
    Teucrian - 2 votes
    Void Slayer - 2 votes

3clipse - 1 vote
    Alegis - 1 vote
    Farangu - 1 vote
    jackisreal - 1 vote
    lonelyahava - 1 vote
    MrBlarney - 1 vote
    Rawkking_Goodguy - 1 vote
    vagrant_winds - 1 vote

2 players remaining to vote.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Kay was the first to 3, right?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I wanna live.

stever777 on
    Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Spoit wrote: »
    Kay was the first to 3, right?

Yes, since Void Slayer moved his vote off of stever777, then you voted for him after Kay got his third vote.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    !Baidol

Everybody should experience being ostracized by Phalla at least once.

Also, I don't know this mourner.

lonelyahava on