As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Yiddish Policemen's [Chat]

• Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Today I learned I need to follow more people on Twitter.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm sure most folk could cough up ten bucks once given how much they all post here.

Cinders on
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Maybe have CT sell name changes to raise money for the forums?

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So I wanted to say, while the forums were down, that The Ledge sounds really fucking stupid.

it really does.

i'd rather watch the one about the baldwin brother who wants to destroy christmas.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2011
    I didn't know it was a money issue

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Everything is a money issue.

Cinders on
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    hey what it be bros

Rent on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2011
    tube even explicitly stated that money is not an issue

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    tumblr_ln7o05B7ZL1qa51rdo1_500.jpg
    ca. 1875, [extremely tall Pinkerton detective with lead gloves]
    via Deadly Intent: Crime and Punishment Photographs from the Burns Archive, Stanley B. Burns and Sara Cleary-Burns

This guy looks like he should be a boss fight.

"I am Mister Fister! Welcome to die!"

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Bah throwing money at the problem always works.

Cinders on
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    *shrugs*

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    OH SHIT FORUMS

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Super 8 was pretty good.

Also I am having the laziest day. Like I've been up for five hours and bed again seems pretty good.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I went to the beach and drank beer.

Cinders on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Choco fixed my laptop! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    tumblr_lcvrlqjjWi1qcj3ado1_500.jpg

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    seriously considering ordering a new laptop.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    n-no!!

I'm on the road to being an outcast!!

• Options
    edited June 2011
    Choco fixed my laptop! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

You mean he painted it pink?

@Robos: GO LEFT GO LEFT

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    n-no!!

I only have a year to get pregnant!

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    n-no!!

since when did your account get hacked by crwth, cass

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    it took a few listens but the new symphony x is finally sinking in as baller.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Well I'm pretty devoted to Choco

And I'm virtuous, in that I only say fuck every second sentence and only have premarital sex with one dude.

I think I can turn this sin ship around.

• Options
    edited June 2011
    tumblr_ln17asyjAX1qzdvhio1_r1_500.jpg

“[The tailor on Some Like It Hot] measured me, 16, 34, 43, 18, 19, 18,” Tony Curtis later recalled, “and then he goes to Marilyn - this is all in the same day and this is the truth…He comes in to Marilyn’s room and Marilyn had on a pair of panties and a white blouse and that’s all. He put the tape around her legs, looked up at Marilyn and said, ‘You know, Tony Curtis has got a better-looking ass than you.’ She was standing there, she unbuttoned her blouse, and said, ‘He doesn’t have tits like these!’”

For once, I think we need these salty stories, because Monroe needs all the salt she can get. The Marilyn industry is so deeply soaked in her crack-ups -shaking the poor woman until we can hear the slosh of booze and the rattle of pills -that it’s a relief to get back to the floozie with the forked tongue.

-Anthony Lane, excerpted from “On Billy Wilder”, The New Yorker

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I can't believe how often I've restarted "Commando: The Musical" in the last two days. Perhaps it's because it's one of the most quoted movies with some of my friends (Although three most used quotes are in the musical: "All the matters now is Jenny" "Anyone left? Just bodies" and "I need some air" are all great arnieisms). But I'm pretty close to the point of singing along.

"Fending off-
    All the mall policemen"

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    edited June 2011

And I'm virtuous, in that I only say fuck every second sentence and only have premarital sex with one dude.

You can get away with saying "fuck" if you curtsy afterwards.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

The longer these issues go on the less it reflect positively on the admins. You could have made new servers from base metals by hand by now.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Preacher wrote: »

The longer these issues go on the less it reflect positively on the admins. You could have made new servers from base metals by hand by now.

I wonder if vBulletin runs on redstone?

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

Yeah but it's never quite that simple.

You'd want to migrate all the user accounts and posts. And I think there's a serious question as to whether it's the servers or the forum software?

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Cinders wrote: »
    I'm sure most folk could cough up ten bucks once given how much they all post here.

if they did it like SA where basically from the website's founding you had to pay a fee then yeah, id understand

or if PA became anything like SA in that the number of active users ballooned to the point where there HAD to be a charge for forums access just to keep the servers running then yeah id understand

but considering 1) neither of those things are true; and 2) PA's forums are nowhere near SA's level when it comes to features and sheer breadth and depth of specificity of forums theres no way in fuck id pay to post here

Rent on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I don't really care about migrating the user accounts and posts. If DC doesn't need to remember that Batgirl's legs don't work, then why should Tube care about how many posts I have?

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

Fuck that shit.

• Options
    edited June 2011

Fuck that shit.

kewl_mag_shirley_temple_400.jpg

Oh, you rapscallion!

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Rent wrote: »

if they did it like SA where basically from the website's founding you had to pay a fee then yeah, id understand

or if PA became anything like SA in that the number of active users ballooned to the point where there HAD to be a charge for forums access just to keep the servers running then yeah id understand

but considering 1) neither of those things are true; and 2) PA's forums are nowhere near SA's level when it comes to features and sheer breadth and depth of specificity of forums theres no way in fuck id pay to post here

also, no, most people wouldn't pay for it. considering a TON of people think SA's cost to post is "too much" and you really, really, really get a huge amount of features and accessibility for the price not to mention it being the biggest game in town when you talk about foruming, the amount of backlash for at most a third of the content, features, accessibility, and active userbase would be astounding

Rent on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Yeah I couldn't care less about post migration or hell even usernames. The forums already wiped the slate clean once. If it meant they were more stable I'd be all for it. Even if it meant I'd have to reignore everyone.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited June 2011

also, no, most people wouldn't pay for it. considering a TON of people think SA's cost to post is "too much" and you really, really, really get a huge amount of features and accessibility for the price not to mention it being the biggest game in town when you talk about foruming, the amount of backlash for at most a third of the content, features, accessibility, and active userbase would be astounding

That and people would expect to get service for paying for it. So some of the replies we get in regards to problems certainly wouldn't fly if I was paying for the priveledge.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    http://act.demandprogress.org/sign/three_strikes/?source=fb

EDIT: I don't necessarily want to peddle the petition signing to people here but the supposed 'law' in the works is scary. It's a sad trend. Just really tired of this 'copyright' thing and I don't think it'll get any better anytime soon.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Woah, we're back!

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Yeah I couldn't care less about post migration or hell even usernames. The forums already wiped the slate clean once. If it meant they were more stable I'd be all for it. Even if it meant I'd have to reignore everyone.

:(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Rent on
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    hmm, something must be wrong. The best laptop I have found in terms of quality / price that meets my needs is a Dell-Alienware.

14" high def screen, Core i7, 4gb of fast ram, dedicated video card, 500 gb 7200 3Gig/s hd, bluetooth, upgraded wireless adapter, upgraded sound system:

$1408 including an extended warranty that includes accidential damage / spills and shipping.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
This discussion has been closed.