As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fear and Loathing on the bar crawl 2011

chupamiubrechupamiubre Registered User regular
edited August 2011 in PAX Archive
Fear and loathing on the bar crawl 2011

fear_and_loathing.jpg

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the bands of it's past and march towards it's glorious new future! This is why I am creating the best roving party Seattle will ever see! Why you ask? WHY THE HELL NOT!

Unlike other bar crawls that have wizards or dragons we will have Hunter S. Thompson as our guide into to the madness. Oh and it will get twisted if you choose to buy this ticket it's going to be one hell of a ride.

So who might want to join me on this trip to the mad side. Well the doomed for one they should definitely join up with me. Anyone who is familiar with the doctor or mr. Duke and anyone who wants to go out and just have fun.

Attire what ever the hell you show up in although if you choose to dress up in any way, some one should probably buy you a drink but i make no guarantees.

When: Thursday before pax 9:30 at unicorn Seattle

Where: First stop will be at unicorn Seattle why one might ask? Because any bar that serves a drink called the "My Little Pony" is getting my patronage. After unicorn the plan is to hit Elysian Pub . Then we shall head off to Auto Battery Then onward to Barca Then finally to Linda's Tavern. I plan to stay roughly 30-45min at each stop barring unforeseen circumstances.
http://bit.ly/qqit7H MAP OF THE CRAWL

Houses who needs stinking houses we are out to party and drink but if it has to happen and this thing becomes larger than i ever planned then i shall have a partner in crime to help coordinate it all.

So whats the point of it all?To go out and drink that's number ONE, secondly so we can all get drunk and not look like the horrible alcoholics most of us probably are. I guess meeting people and having fun will be involved but it's mostly about the booze folks.

So if this sounds like some thing you want in on let me know and if its a horrible idea go ahead post away!

LIST OF ATTENDEES:
TOGSolid
sociald1077
Silentgreen
nemokitty
BlackDragon480
Enigmas
NateGraves
Agent Raz
afipanic +2
Haggler_Prime +1
BermardAKAB +1
R23 +1
atmtn +1
createacat1+1
VankyaKaramazov +1
Cango +3
Aractor +1
Vanishing Point
Kirabeth +evil sidekick
Finjitzu
neuroslice
sofreshsodarryl +1
Wasdstomp
Drey +4

THIS IS IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH ANOTHER BAR CRAWL MAINLY THE TRIWIZARD TOURNAMENT.

<ZeroHourHero> I have a tiny penis
<Qs23> I just need to get my dicks in a row
<prox> i work for dicks
#paforums_pax, all about the dicks.
chupamiubre on

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Too many bar crawl. Mai hed hurtz.

akjak on
    Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    This is running the same time as the Triwizard?

Ruh roh.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Go to both, I DARE YOU...

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • Options
    edited June 2011

Sir, I'm a professional alcoholic, I'll show up dressed like Hunter S. Thompson while rocking some Slytherin accessories and drink both groups under the table simultaneously.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Oh you.

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    TOGSolid wrote: »

Sir, I'm a professional alcoholic, I'll show up dressed like Hunter S. Thompson while rocking some Slytherin accessories and drink both groups under the table simultaneously.

My memory of the Tri-Wizard last year is a little hazy, but if you're the Alaskan sailor from Slytherin, then this statement is most definitely fact.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    arsonisfunarsonisfun Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

Challenge. Accepted.

arsonisfun on
    I am IRCs resident nerdbro and member of the PokeCrawl planning committee.

Red B/Gold Professor

[15:53] <+juju-work> ArsonIsFun is one of the best people I know.
  • Options
    Samir Duran DuranSamir Duran Duran Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Having another bar crawl could be a good thing I guess. The triwizard crawl crams a lot of people into these places and maybe splitting the crowds could make it better for everyone.

Samir Duran Duran on
    Ani121OD.pngSpr_3e_121.gifAni121OD.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    arsonisfun wrote: »

Challenge. Accepted.

Guess I'd better get me some Fear & Loathing clothes with an awesome Slytherin theme to them. :twisted:
    Having another bar crawl could be a good thing I guess. The triwizard crawl crams a lot of people into these places and maybe splitting the crowds could make it better for everyone.
    The Triwizard, from what I understand, is being better structured this year in order to prevent the cramming issue.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    sociald1077sociald1077 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I think that I will be attending this over the Triwizard as I am a geek, but not a Potter geek.

When: TBA (Probably starting in front of home wood suites around 9:30ish Thursday)

I'm there.

sociald1077 on
    What did the 0 say to the 8? Nice belt!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I think that I will be attending this over the Triwizard as I am a geek, but not a Potter geek.

When: TBA (Probably starting in front of home wood suites around 9:30ish Thursday)

I'm there.

You won't be sorry sir. I'm not a Potter nerd in the slightest, hell, I've read only half of one of the books before kinda sorta not liking it and putting it down so I was hesitant about getting in on the crawl last year due to the Potter theme. It turned out to be a damn fine time and I met some great people. Just toss on a Slytherin tie (at least if you want to be one of the cool kids) and you'll be good to go.

Oh, bring some honey for the day after, your throat may be a bit sore from yelling.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    AltDeleteAltDelete Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    "'Afraid we cannot stop here, 'arry." bellowed Hagrid, the weight of the half-giant more than a match for the convertible, hovering inches above the Nevada highway at ninety-four miles an hour.

"This here's muggle country."

AltDelete on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

My memory of the Tri-Wizard last year is a little hazy, but if you're the Alaskan sailor from Slytherin, then this statement is most definitely fact.

Reporting for duty. :D

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    SilentgreenSilentgreen Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I'm down to show up for this. Bring on the whisky.

Silentgreen on
  • Options
    nemokittynemokitty Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    This sounds dangerous...

I'm in!

nemokitty on
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Reporting for duty. :D

You were an inspiration and somewhat frightening on the Tri-Wizard crawl, I will gladly follow you though a multi-stage debachery walk.

Sadly, I'm a little on the hefty side to be Hunter, but I'll see if I can get a silver/green themed Dr. Gonzo thing together and be your sidekick. I've already got the wild hair and stache, and as a bonus, I've also had mescaline (but not ether) before.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    EnigmasEnigmas Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    This is an idea who's time is come, and I for one would be proud to sport the 70's chic.

Get back you weird fuckers!

Enigmas on
    3DS: 4871-3908-4971
    Hungry? The Cookie Brigade!
    PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneer! Main Design! And the Creeper is still waiting for you...

Slytherin House Elf for the Order of the Phoenix!
    Just because we're arrogant, doesn't mean we're (completely) evil.
  • Options
    redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

This man is infact a pro. I am so proud to call him a fellow Slytherin brother.

chupamiubre: Have you discussed your schedule with Atlus? He has put a lot into trying to minimize bottlenecks (not as in beer) at the bars, it would be in both of your best intrests to not have too many people running up in the same bars at the same time.

redhalo on
  • Options
    dedustdedust REVENGE OF THE PULLA o canadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Oooh, a bar crawl! Count me in, Arson has to drag me anywhere he goes anyway :whistle:

Also, a wild mudkip will appear. Most likely. With a bucket.

dedust on
    dustie at ircnet/qnet/slashnet
    @frellnik dustie, pantsu redirects me
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Green button down t-shirt? Check.
    Grey undershirt? Check. (closest thing I could find to silver)
    Green bucket hat? Check.
    Gold framed aviator sunglasses with green tint shades? You bet your fucking ass check.
    Targard cigarette holder? Check.

Let's fucking do this. Pictures to come when this shit arrives in the mail.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    NateGravesNateGraves Registered User new member
    edited July 2011
    This sounds like precisely the kind of activity most relevant to my interests.

I think it might be worth growing out a mustache for this.

NateGraves on
  • Options
    Sammich[E]Sammich[E] Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    NateGraves wrote: »
    This sounds like precisely the kind of activity most relevant to my interests.

I think it might be worth growing out a mustache for this.

Sammich[E] on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Agent RazAgent Raz Registered User regular
    I think I could get into this here non-Potter pub crawl. Anyone know about that Elysian Brewery near the Unicorn? Any good? How about Barca?

• Options
    JCFalkenbergJCFalkenberg Registered User new member
    Agent Raz wrote:
    I think I could get into this here non-Potter pub crawl. Anyone know about that Elysian Brewery near the Unicorn? Any good? How about Barca?

I drank some Elysian brewery beers last time I was at PAX and it was all excellent, I recommend it highly.

• Options
    Ok guys new info has been posted with a schedule. If you could please include how many people you are and if you are confirmed for the event that would be great I will try and keep the list as up to date as possible. Also please note that the start location will be at The unicorn at 9:30. If you have some suggestions i would love to hear them.

<prox> i work for dicks
  • Options
    I will definitely be there. Might be +1 but not sure if my friend will be up here from Florida or not.

• Options
    afipanicafipanic Registered User regular
    Count me in and +2 as well!

Next PAX: West 2017!
    Flight: [X]
    Lodging: [X]
    Passes: [X]
    Excitement: [10/10]
  • Options
    Haggler_PrimeHaggler_Prime Registered User new member
    Ill be there, at least +1

• Options
    BermardAKABBermardAKAB Registered User regular
    I will be there with a beer in hand! +1

This post is brought to you by the letter 9
  • Options
    R23R23 Registered User regular
    We can't stop here. This is bat country. +1

• Options
    atmtnatmtn Seattle - Capitol HillRegistered User regular
    I am super late to the party on this, know no one on these forums, and don't own any Hawaiian shirts, but I would love to crash your crawl. As much as I have nothing against everyone's favorite little wizard, he's got nothing on HST and I absolutely have to support any crawl themed after Raoul Duke (be it the real deal, or as portrayed by Johnny Depp and/or Bill Murray). Also, I just moved to Seattle and already love the Unicorn hard, so bonus!

If this thing is actually happening, I am in +1.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    FYI, OP updated by chupa

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Look at the OP.

Now look at me.

Look at the OP.

Now look back at me.

I'm on a horse that has consumed two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls.

I will be doing my best to keep tabs on you guys while I'm out on the Triwizard and crash your crawl whenever possible as promised.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Any updates on this at all or is it all the same and still a go?

• Options
    Ok so map is up and everything should be a go. The triwiz people have yet to post there maps up yet so we might have to work around them at some point but being we are a smaller group we can be nimble i will try and adjust for obvious over laps.

<prox> i work for dicks
  • Options
    createacat1createacat1 CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Count me +1 in!

gAmErTaG - createacat1
  • Options
    VankyaKaramazovVankyaKaramazov Registered User regular
    You have another taker. I'm game +1

• Options
    AractorAractor Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    I'll be getting into town Thursday night, and this sounds like a great way to start PAX weekend. Count me in! +1

Attended: Prime 2011, Prime 2012, Prime 13, Prime 2014
    Enforced: West 2015, West 2016
    76561197962492129.png
  • Options
    Vanishing PointVanishing Point Registered User regular
    This is far too tempting to pass up; I'm down!

Fact 200. Album One - Conch shell red. Album Two - Peony blue. Not for resale unless desperate.
  • Options
    CangoCango Registered User new member
    You got me +3 going... Coming in from Idaho... Ready to get our drink on...