As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Windows 7 Screen brightness refuses to change

CantidoCantido Registered User regular
Every now and then, when I turn on my laptop or wake it uip from sleep, the screen is dim and stays dim even when plugged in.

If I go into Personalization and adjust the brighness slider, it refuses to change. It jiggles left and right a bit, but when I let go it slides all the way to the left. If I try to edit the power scheme (balance by default) I can adjust the brightness all the way to the right and choose save, but it has no effect, and when I go back into the scheme's settings, the slider is back where it was originally. The same goes for High Performance.

If I go into Advanced Settings and manually move the plugged in brightness to 100%, saving also has no effect.

How do I tell this computer to be bright without smacking it? It' not the battery either. It's only a month old.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
Cantido on