As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Congratulations! You have died! Dungeons of Dredmor

• Options
    FlatEricFlatEric Leaves from the vine, Falling so slow Like fragile, tiny shells, Drifting in the foamRegistered User regular
    I'm on the third floor right now, proceeding very carefully. Enemies aren't giving me too much trouble yet, I think the combination of trading artifacts for exp. and disarming every trap has helped me level up a bit faster.

S80hoUu.jpg
    hDrW8.png
  • Options
    Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    Fuck this shit fuck. Just lost a great character. Level 10 character. Made it down to level 4 and just went around the wrong corner at the wrong time. 82k in points.

I need a break I think.

Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • Options
    FlatEricFlatEric Leaves from the vine, Falling so slow Like fragile, tiny shells, Drifting in the foamRegistered User regular
    Welcome to the wonderful world of roguelikes, friend

Honestly if this character died it'd just be an opportunity to try a new combination of skills. For instance, I'm definitely picking up smithing next time.

S80hoUu.jpg
    hDrW8.png
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    FlatEric wrote:
    Welcome to the wonderful world of roguelikes, friend

Honestly if this character died it'd just be an opportunity to try a new combination of skills. For instance, I'm definitely picking up smithing next time.

exactly

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    redfenixredfenix Aka'd as rfix Registered User regular
    i am loving: smithing/mace/dw/dodger/arch/burgl/bers
    so much damage from flails so early

• Options
    Do you keep learned recipes between lives?

S80hoUu.jpg
    hDrW8.png
  • Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    FlatEric wrote:
    Do you keep learned recipes between lives?

You do not need to learn recipes to use them.

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    You don't?

• Options
    edited July 2011
    Other fun facts: when saving and loading, items in containers seem to get rearranged in some manner when saving and loading. I'm not sure exactly how, but the fun bit is when something lands in a Horadric Lutefisk Cube, because you can then duplicate that item by dropping anything else onto it.

Woo!

Garthor on
  • Options
    Uh, I'm curious how you use a recipe you don't know.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Druhim wrote:
    Uh, I'm curious how you use a recipe you don't know.

Drop the ingredients into the crafting box and just click go. Keep in mind you still need to have the required skill level.

• Options
    edited July 2011
    Ok, cool. I think I'll take some notes on non-standard recipes so I don't have to worry about finding them in the future.

edit: or just use the wiki

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    there are some things that overlap though

if you put a copper ingot in without a recipe, you could get bolts OR copper wires

soooo... yeah for higher level stuff you'll probably be fine, but if the same ingredients make two different items, I would not count on a recipe working if you don't have it

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    What I'm worried about is whether or not the devs are gonna patch that function out. It can be overpowered. But then again, they already said they're intending to stagger out materials based on what floor you're on so you can't like find platinum on the first floor and such.

• Options
    Vivixenne wrote:
    if you put a copper ingot in without a recipe, you could get bolts OR copper wires

This is actually covered in the tutorial! Which now that I'm reminded about it, I guess it is intended to be able to craft things without knowing the recipes.

• Options
    I knew you didn't have to select the recipe from the book, but I had just presumed that you still needed the recipe for it to work.

Cool, I guess.

• Options
    Vivixenne wrote:
    there are some things that overlap though

soooo... yeah for higher level stuff you'll probably be fine, but if the same ingredients make two different items, I would not count on a recipe working if you don't have it

But those are both standard recipes you start with. You'll always have those recipes if you take tinkerer.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    So playing with both wand lore and the mushroom skill is a great way to load up your inventory fast. I need a yard sale.

Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • Options
    hmm..think my next char will have axe skill with dual wield and tinker so I can make and wield two clockwork chainaxes

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Goddamnit.

So, apparently, the goddamn witch doctor assholes can resurrect NAMED monsters as well. I click - before the turn's animations are done - to attack where I assume he'll be and whoops, full health golem punching me to death instead!

Garthor on
  • Options
    I'm so glad they're nerfing those goddamn witch doctors. That's fourth floor, right? My healing items disappeared (not only from use, but THEFT) when I was on my longest-run character.

• Options
    The Witch Doctors go down a number of floors. It was floor 7 that I died on.

And Kleptoblobbies are obnoxious, primarily because it just requires a ton of stupid little micromanagement. Place a single Plastic Bolt in the first slot in your belt, watch carefully for when it gets stolen, then open up a crafting box, pick up your stack, drop one in the box, put down the stack, move the single bolt to your belt, finally take an action. Repeat until they're dead.

Oh, and of course you just get straight-up fucked if you don't understand how they work and have important shit at the front of your belt.

• Options
    i lost my anvil that way at first
    twice

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    It's kind of funny after struggling through the first couple of levels with my artful dodger archelogist. Being stealthy, using reclaimed traps and positioning to deal with monster zoos, generally always feeling like i was made of paper. Then i got Mark of Culthon and the vampire spell, and I feel basically invincible.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Downloading this off steam right now.

I've been waiting to try this since the thread first appeared. :D

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    why would you have anything really important in your belt anyway?

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    So, started off on easy mode. I cleared out a couple levels and got kind of bored after a while.

I'm gonna start up normal mode next time.

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    finally got a sword guy that feels hella capable

took basically all the melee skills - sword, armor, berzerk, shield, plus viking magic and astrology. Was doing so-so on level 2 until I found the fucking rad-ass orc cleaver sword. Now I'm slaughtering fools.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    I went with the rogue approach. Sneaking, dual wielding, swords, crits, and dodge. Also alchemy and tinkering. It served me really well, and I'm gonna stick with that for a while, I think.

• Options
    ffaristocratffaristocrat Registered User regular
    Music files: Heck-repeat.ogg

It reminds me of some movie that was on MST3k, but I cannot think of which one it was. I thought it might be the Cave Dwellers (ATOR!) but apparently not. But I think was another film by the same company with weird movie intros that had nothing to do with the movie.

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Sweet as hell, just got a really solid bonus for a ring, first anvil of this character and I got +2 burly, +1 cad, and +1 health regen.

Gonna go hit things now.

Edit: Oops, I died. FML. :(

Fyndir on
  • Options
    just bought an 18 damage mace for like 40k
    still have like 50k left, and i crafted i think the best armor in the game
    my dude is so swole

• Options
    I am still kind of in shock over that death earlier, everything was going supremely well, had not encountered any serious difficulty then BAM, named monster just devoured me in 3 hits.

• Options
    CantideCantide Registered User regular
    Dang, I died at 27k. I was clearing a room on level 2 of what I thought were just a few ordinary Diggles, and didn't notice one was a boss monster until it dropped me to 0.

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    UGH WRONG THREAD

Kochikens on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    I managed to find that badass robo-arm ring

between that, multiple bonuses on my armor and my sick-ass orc cleaver sword, I've been ruining shit lately

really enjoying this particular character

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    I managed to find that badass robo-arm ring

between that, multiple bonuses on my armor and my sick-ass orc cleaver sword, I've been ruining shit lately

really enjoying this particular character

I have that robo-arm ring also. It rules. I'm hoping I can find another soonish.

I also have this rockin' helm:
    bc9R6.png

And I have both tinkering and smithing so I hopefully can end up making two of these which I hope to then turn into two of these since I also have dual wielding.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    FUCK

Opened a monster zoo, then ran into the doorway of Brax's store to limit the avenue of approach

one of the guys hit me and triggered my Radiance aura

which enraged Brax

who summarily slew me without breaking a sweat

fuck

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    Dredmor_LordofCanadians.jpg

Dredmor_LordofCanadians2.jpg

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    What did you do to piss off Canada, Rank, what did you do?

S80hoUu.jpg
    hDrW8.png