As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Line 6 TonePortUX1 + Ableton Live Lite 6.0.3 = What?

TheGreat2ndTheGreat2nd Registered User regular
edited February 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I recently bought a TonePort UX1 to hook up my guitar to the computer.
I want to mess around with recording stuff, but the only way I know right now is through Audacity.

Is there a different program I can use?
Because I have no idea how Live Lite works. (it came bundled with the TonePort)

BinghamtonUniversity.png
I'm Jacob Wilson. | facebook | thegreat2nd | [url="aim:goim?screenname=TheGreatSecond&message=Hello+from+the+Penny+Arcade+Forums!"]aim[/url]
TheGreat2nd on

• Options
    Mullitt The WiseMullitt The Wise Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    What's wrong with Audacity? I use it for all my recording (I use my UX1 with it too), and it's fine, unless you're using a lot of tracks (I got up to 40 something before the program refuses to let me play anything).

Mullitt The Wise on
    balloonssig.jpg
  • Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I haven't worked with Live, but I have worked with quite a few multitrack recorders. The general procedure is to set up your soundcard in the device (it usually asks for the driver you'd like to use and then set the inputs and outputs), then create a new audio track (stereo/mono), make sure it's set to receive on the correct input, arm the track (and make a noise to double-check that it's receiving sound) and then hit play. It'll start recording on the armed track.

EggyToast on
    || Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    TheGreat2ndTheGreat2nd Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    What's wrong with Audacity? I use it for all my recording (I use my UX1 with it too), and it's fine, unless you're using a lot of tracks (I got up to 40 something before the program refuses to let me play anything).
    :shrug:
    I figure that Live Lite had some advantage over Audacity.
    Both do the same thing (record music), just curious about other recorders.

TheGreat2nd on
    BinghamtonUniversity.png
    I'm Jacob Wilson. | facebook | thegreat2nd | [url="aim:goim?screenname=TheGreatSecond&message=Hello+from+the+Penny+Arcade+Forums!"]aim[/url]
  • Options
    Mullitt The WiseMullitt The Wise Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    It does have midi sequencing, which is kinda cool, but only if Live Lite is your only option.
    As for straight up recording, Audacity is a lot better. The interface and editing is a lot cleaner, and it has way more effects (you can download a bunch from the website).

Mullitt The Wise on
    balloonssig.jpg
  • Options
    AximAxim Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    try the cubase sx3 demo i could not live without that program

that being said it's identical in functionality to ableton but the interface in that program is just retarded. your best option is to actually glance at the manual for ableton.. once you figure it out you'll find its still a very versatile multi track recorder

Axim on