As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4e] The Siege of Underdeep (OOC)

• Options
    SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    @DaMoonRulz, put your fluff text describing your actions in your first post and the actions / status in the second since we can't delete posts anymore. :(

The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
  • Options
    wildwoodwildwood Registered User regular
    Is the defender's aura the Essentials equivalent of marking? If it is, I would be in favor of you using it all the time, assuming you're in shape to attract hits.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    It's a minor to activate. If a creature subject to it shifts or makes an attack that doesn't include me as its target I get to hit it unless it is marked by something else. At my encounters table they usually just assume it's always on, but I didn't want to assume here

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    The question is does it last outside of an encounter or is it something you should have to activate at the beginning of each encounter. I've posted in the D&D general thread to see what others think there before I make a decision. Fortunately it wouldn't change anything about the first round since all the hits were solid hits and Dermond hadn't acted yet and thus could not take OA's granted by the Aura.

• Options
    I'm having trouble with the map again. If the kobold I'm next to tried to shift it would be subject to the defender aura, but I'm fine playing it as it's written, I just wanted to settle the issue right away. If I was one square back I would've minored my stance, minored my aura, and just charged.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    If you have trouble with the map, just make sure you update your location in the Status Block and someone that doesn't can move your token or remove dead tokens.

• Options
    BaronSamediBaronSamedi Same dude as yesterday. The AlamoRegistered User regular
    I'm gonna get to hit something!

"Have you ever noticed that their stuff is shit, and your shit is stuff?"--George Carlin
  • Options
    Woot! Don't choke under the pressure!

• Options
    @DaMoonRulz, for now... assume the defender aura is active. However, if you're surprised or have not acted yet in combat, you won't be able to tale any OA's that would have been granted by the aura.

• Options
    Ok

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    I'm off to watch Planet of the Apes. I'll make another post if you guys all finish yours later this evening. Off work for two days finally... yay!

• Options
    Congrats. You want me to work on more stuff about the Crypt Worms?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Yeah, come up with as much as you want. Also, both you and @wildwood need to choose your Level 2 items and post them in this thread please!

• Options
    It's been over an hour since the Baron said he was taking his turn. I'd like to get mine out of the way, based on the following assumptions:

1. The Baron is probably attacking to the north; and
    2. I have line-of-sight on KS5 in M13.

• Options
    So I'm thinking of a shield or armor for the magic item. I was thinking either the armor that give allies within 5sq thp equal to my remaining surges or a shield with a daily to do 1d8+con after I get hit with a melee attack. Can anyone think of items I'm overlooking?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    ...or not. Fakakta dice.

Sorry about the delay. I was fighting with tinyurl/pyromancer. Restarted, cleared cache. Nothing would allow me to see the changes to the map after I move Dermond and killed KS4. Someone else can give it a try if you please.

"Have you ever noticed that their stuff is shit, and your shit is stuff?"--George Carlin
  • Options
    Do you have any powers with effect lines?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Only the Dread Smite power. But its effect is predicated on me hitting a target, if I am reading it correctly.

It can be found here.

BaronSamedi on
  • Options
    I think I've got the map sorted.

• Options
    Only the Dread Smite power. But its effect is predicated on me hitting a target, if I am reading it correctly.
    Trigger: You target an enemy with an at-will weapon attack power.

You don't have to hit them with it, you just get the bonus of OG damage if the attack hits. Otherwise it's just the 2+cha (or something)

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Hmm. Ok. For the next time I swing and cut air, I'll keep that in mind. :lol:

...fakakta dice.

• Options
    DaMoon: judging from how things have gone so far, an armor or shield that gets you heals or temp HP seems like a big win. The team temp HP thing is nice, but it can be hard to arrange, like getting everyone in place for a picture. Keeping you healthy, like being able to take your second wind as a minor action, or something like that, will be a win for the whole party.

• Options
    I bet the next time you roll you're gonna crit

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    @SkyCaptain - for my item, I choose Leather Repulsion Armor.

• Options
    Wild, is there any trick to get it to save placement? I got it to ?yesterday? when we were placing our markers for the initial ambush, but that was a mix of luck and refreshing. No amount of digital manipulation would get it to save this time.

• Options
    @BaronSamedi - not really, it works smoothly for me. I move tokens, then click the 'copy to clipboard' button, then head over to tinyurl.

• Options
    ...and the instant I say that, all the maps stop working for me. The hell?

• Options
    Sounds about right...It was like that yesterday. The placement was cake and saved fine. Today: no dice.

• Options
    It appears to be waiting on dropbox?

• Options
    edited August 2011
    I'll try saving the tokens and map to wikidot and setting it up that way. Maybe that'll sort out some of the problems.

Ugh... I'm dumb. I forgot to change the Crimson Claws at the bottom to Waiting instead of On Deck >_<

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    http://tinyurl.com/43cut25

Try this map folks and let me know how it works out for ya. I changed the links to my wikidot campaign wiki instead of dropbox.

• Options
    *giggles* I can't wait 'til next round. :mrgreen:

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    None of the maps are showing up for me. I don't know if it means anything but it stopped working once we switched to tinyurl

• Options
    Would really appreciate a screencap as I have no idea what the positionings are right now.

• Options
    edited August 2011
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/33654550/Siege of Underdeep/Maps/round1.jpg

Most recent map. Have you tried any different browsers? The map has always worked for me in Firefox.

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    The map works for me.

LockedOn - everyone in our party is within 3 squares of you. (Our tank, who is bleediest, is within 2.) You should be able to make a melee strike right where you are, at one of the minions in the north passage. There's another minion north of that one.

• Options
    SkyCaptain wrote:
    *giggles* I can't wait 'til next round. :mrgreen:

Possibilities:
    Return of the boulder.
    Eli discovers a bit more than he bargained for in the pool room to the south.
    Rho stops pretending to be fighting the kobolds and turns on the rest of us? j/k :)

• Options
    Man, I'm having trouble thinking of a monster. I'll get something together.

• Options
    No time limit on it. So no hurry.

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Rho is Panardian, he made an oath when he took the money for striking at the kobolds, so he won't turn on you. BUT Cullain sure isn't pleased with him..not enough woe and destruction being sown. :)

updated map.

BaronSamedi on