As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Airbender] The legend of Korra: I am the solution.

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Actually, Cloudeagle, all of Meelo's lines are direct quotes from Michael Dante DiMartino during the production of Avatar: the Last Airbender.

• Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    So are we ever going to see the kids Aang had with Azula?

o_O

Is there some fanfic I should know to avoid?

• Options
    JoJoHoraHoraJoJoHoraHora ItalyRegistered User regular
    So watching the first episode of Korra again I noticed something funny that I missed the first time. It's at the very beginning, right after the presentation of the 4 elements.
    When it's showing Aang and friends, everybody is facing in one direction.

Except Toph :lol:

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Who-PsydWho-Psyd Registered User regular
    So watching the first episode of Korra again I noticed something funny that I missed the first time. It's at the very beginning, right after the presentation of the 4 elements.
    When it's showing Aang and friends, everybody is facing in one direction.

Except Toph :lol:

They were always really good about that in Avatar as well.

• Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    TheCanMan wrote: »

o_O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiUtbcpjd8A

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Terrendos wrote: »
    Actually, Cloudeagle, all of Meelo's lines are direct quotes from Michael Dante DiMartino during the production of Avatar: the Last Airbender.

Wait, really? That's awesome.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »

I don't think so. I have a hard time thinking of when he would say "Yeah you're a terrible teacher daddy!" during production.

• Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    Neaden wrote: »

I don't think so. I have a hard time thinking of when he would say "Yeah you're a terrible teacher daddy!" during production.

Sounds kinky.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular

o_O

You should pretty much avoid all fanfic, just to be safe.

• Options
    AurichAurich ArizonaRegistered User regular
    Wasn't the difficulty with learning ones opposite element based on personality rather than their native element? The two would seem to line up in most cases, but Korra is special I s'pose.

• Options
    Aurich wrote: »
    Wasn't the difficulty with learning ones opposite element based on personality rather than their native element? The two would seem to line up in most cases, but Korra is special I s'pose.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Didn't they even mentioned in the first episode that Air was going to be the toughest one for Korra to learn because she's so forceful in everything else she does?

• Options

o_O

You should pretty much avoid all fanfic, just to be safe.
    Wrong. Zhao of the Watertribe is awesome Contains no shipping or sexytimes whatsoever.

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    With regards to the benders getting tired discussion on the last page wasn't it covered that breathing is fairly heavily involved in fire bending?

I can imagine that that would be more tiring than the more fluid bending styles such as Air and Water. Earth bending always looked more minimal in terms of movements as well.

• Options
    Johnny FabulousJohnny Fabulous burgin' Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Aren't the amounts of water and earth pellets limited in each zone? I'm not sure if it's true or not, but it'd explain it. The bender isn't necessarily gassed out, but just has nothing to use.

Johnny Fabulous on
    We tried nothin' and we're all outta ideas.
    xbl gamertag: sublunary
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Aren't the amounts of water and earth pellets limited in each zone? I'm not sure if it's true or not, but it'd explain it. The bender isn't necessarily gassed out, but just has nothing to use.

I'm pretty sure I saw a mechanism lifting new earth discs into place whenever Bolin used one.

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    also the lines that light up red or green are actually grates with water beneath them, not to mention the whole olympic sized swimming pool around them.

there are no "water pellets"

• Options
    BagginsesBagginses __BANNED USERS regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAZuKH1PfgQ&feature=related

I strongly suspect the creators or at least someone on the creative staff has young kids like these.

According to my GF, this is basically her school's chabad family, except their youngest moons the students gathered at shabbat dinner for attention when his parents aren't in the room.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    New episode day after tomorrow, so psyched!

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular

It was a joke. I thought it would be funny because DiMartino and Meelo are both bald.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    The kids are my brothers children recreated. Two daughters and one son, with just the order mixed up. The personalities are dead on though.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Joolander wrote: »
    also the lines that light up red or green are actually grates with water beneath them, not to mention the whole olympic sized swimming pool around them.

there are no "water pellets"

That thing earlier about it said that using the pool was prohibited. Ice too

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    While I believe that, I very much doubt the earth benders run out of projectiles. It'd be lame at the very least. Running out of juice is what it is, running out of energy.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    The only place water benders are allowed to pull water from is the grate adjacent to the zone they're in. The earth disks are implied to last forever (they would at the very least be refilled between rounds) but I can see the show having them run out for tension in the final or something.

• Options
    Z0reZ0re Registered User regular
    In the video where the creators explain the rules of the game they show under the ring that there is a giant feeding machine that keeps pushing up new earth discs to replace the ones they use, both for ammunition and so the ground stays level. They also said it would be totally impossible to use them all up in a match.

• Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Z0re wrote: »
    They also said it would be totally impossible to use them all up in a match.
    So we can expect it to happen at least once.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    Blackjack wrote: »
    The rules specifically mentioned that you aren't allowed to hit the ceiling but it is very unlikely that it will come up so I think we are definitely going to see that along with the 1 on 1 tie breaker.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Did the rules vid mention if Korra's allowed to play as an airbender for a match?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Did the rules vid mention if Korra's allowed to play as an airbender for a match?

The rules don't mention airbenders at all, since there aren't enough of them around.

I think they do spell out that teams must be made up of a firebender, a waterbender and an earthbender, though.

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    I have a question about Pro Bending that I haven't seen addressed in the rules. So say one team has a player pushed back once or twice, but still on the playing field. They then somehow manage to push the other team back an entire zone, and get to move forward. Where does the player on the pushing side end up? In the same zone as the other two teammates, or one up from where they were before the push?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I thought since airbenders are basically Tenzin and his childern for now they are just best forgotten now for team building and rules
    I thought they said she can only be a waterbender after calling it a foul when she earthbended to save herself

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I thought since airbenders are basically Tenzin and his childern for now they are just best forgotten now for team building and rules
    I thought they said she can only be a waterbender after calling it a foul when she earthbended to save herself

Yeah. Though since no one expected the Avatar, the exact phrase was "Foul! ...I think?"

Just one of at least 47 memorable moments from the first two episodes. :P

• Options
    edited April 2012
    I'm kinda pissed that Comcast won't get off their asses and put the second episode up On-Demand. I missed the first episode, so I watched it On-Demand. But the second one isn't up yet. I'm afraid I'm going to be perpetually stuck a week behind everyone because I don't want to watch Ep3 before watching Ep2.

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    it is on itunes and amazon i think

for free

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    I'm kinda pissed that Comcast won't get off their asses and put the second episode up On-Demand. I missed the first episode, so I watched it On-Demand. But the second one isn't up yet. I'm afraid I'm going to be perpetually stuck a week behind everyone because I don't want to watch Ep3 before watching Ep2.
    Are they still up on iTunes? You can watch it there if they are.

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Neaden wrote: »
    Blackjack wrote: »
    The rules specifically mentioned that you aren't allowed to hit the ceiling but it is very unlikely that it will come up so I think we are definitely going to see that along with the 1 on 1 tie breaker.

Of course, once that sort of thing happens, Korra's too powerful to stay in the competition.

• Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    I can't wait for the epic match where Korra goes into the Avatar State.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    jimbo034jimbo034 Registered User regular
    Do we know if any of the monks on the island airbend?

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    jimbo034 wrote: »
    Do we know if any of the monks on the island airbend?

If we take it at face value that Aang was really the last Airbender, then it stands to reason that Tenzin and his children are the only airbenders since they are the last of the tribe.

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Some wiki that people have referenced a few times in various Avatar threads mentions that the monks are actually just people who live and teach the Air Nomad lifestyle, and are not actual airbenders. This makes me sad, because it means at this rate it will literally be hundreds of years before there are any significant number of airbenders, and they run the very real risk of dying out completely. Assuming that there are not any hidden airbenders, or descendants of airbenders where the bending skipped a generation or two, or people able to learn airbending without being descended from the Air Nomads.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Is it possible for descendants of the Avatar to inherit other bending powers? As in, if Korra even had a child with a non-bender, would that child have to be a waterbender or nothing? Or could it inherit airbending (Assuming she ever masters it)?

This discussion has been closed.